Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness gets a gameplay trailer, coming to Early Access on August 26th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness; GrapeOcean Technologies; V Publishing

The backer beta for memetic Pillars of Eternity clone Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness has been out for about a year now. Things were pretty quiet for a while after it launched, but a few months ago GrapeOcean began posting Kickstarter updates rather frequently, culminating in last month's announcement that the game had been picked up a small publishing outfit called V Publishing. The Steam page for Black Geyser actually appeared a week ago but for whatever reason it was only formally announced today, along with an Early Access launch date of August 26th. Here's the announcement along with the game's new trailer, now uploaded to YouTube:

Ho there, adventurers!

Today's an important milestone for Black Geyser. We've finally released our Steam page, unleashed our latest trailer to show just some of what we've been working on, while also having answers to some prominent community questions. Best of all, we're officially announcing our Early Access date: August 26th, 2021!

Steam Page

Our Steam Page took quite some time to get right, but I think it's fair to say we're all incredibly happy with the result. Eagle-eyed fans who were busy searching for it found it well ahead of this announcement, and we're pleased to say feedback has been incredibly positive.

Not only does it give those new to Black Geyser an overview of the game and what they can come to expect, but it also answers some burning Early Access questions. Just head to the page (you can click below) and look just under the carousel.

We're keen to gain as much feedback as possible with how it looks, what comparable games you see, and whether you think anything is missing. Just let us know below, or head straight to our Discord. Oh, and don't forget to 'Wishlist' and 'Follow' us!

Community Q&A
Our fans recently asked us plenty of questions about the game and while we're still getting answers to a couple that are hardware related, we've answered the vast majority. Check it out here.

/The Black Geyser Team

In addition to the community Q&A, there are lots of additional details about the upcoming release in the Early Access FAQ. Be sure to also check out the records of the amusing visit we received from the game's former lead narrative designer back in April.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Oh, it's still kicking? If memory serves they were originally styling themselves as spiritual successors to BG, but then they must've thought a PoE-like look more marketable.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm still stuck in the 'whoa what is that name' stage. Seriously what images do they want to conjure up? Explosive diarrhea? BBC? The dead of Black Isle and it's transformation into the shit volcano that is bioware?

But still cautiously optimistic. Hope it will turn out as good as pathfinder just without the stupid city building

Terra

Cipher
I'm still stuck in the 'whoa what is that name' stage. Seriously what images do they want to conjure up? Explosive diarrhea? BBC? The dead of Black Isle and it's transformation into the shit volcano that is bioware?

But still cautiously optimistic. Hope it will turn out as good as pathfinder just without the stupid city building
Never been so misled by a game's title before; just watched the trailer, tissues at the ready, expecting a tsunami of unwanted phallic intrusions into unlucky waifus and what do I find - it's some CRPG shite that looks like it was made in the 90s.
This is just like the time people told me Day of the Tentacle was a great game, man, what a letdown that was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom