Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
They way I did that fight was only send two people - one melee, one wizard. That way I had more people on the other fight to deal with the enemy.

Mortmal

Arcane
Dorateen, to find the manor i went in the forest path at level 2 barely geared party , manage to down one encounter of undeads exhausting every spells and half the melee hp. Then on the way back i am auto ambushed by 10 goblin wizard wiping out the party in 2 rounds,.... Is it supposed to happen like this ? Have you caught the same disease than pierre?
So party is screwed , other saves ages ago , are they supposed to be all mele knight no squishies ?

Dorateen

Arcane
Dorateen, to find the manor i went in the forest path at level 2 barely geared party , manage to down one encounter of undeads exhausting every spells and half the melee hp. Then on the way back i am auto ambushed by 10 goblin wizard wiping out the party in 2 rounds,..

Level 2 is early to take on that goblin wizard ambush. The encounter is supposed to trigger before you take the forest path. It sounds like you were able to bypass that, but then on the way back it is unavoidable. You could use the Shift +WIN command to auto-win the goblin fight. It is just that one encounter, and if you are stuck, that is the best way to get past them.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Dorateen, to find the manor i went in the forest path at level 2 barely geared party , manage to down one encounter of undeads exhausting every spells and half the melee hp. Then on the way back i am auto ambushed by 10 goblin wizard wiping out the party in 2 rounds,..

Level 2 is early to take on that goblin wizard ambush. The encounter is supposed to trigger before you take the forest path. It sounds like you were able to bypass that, but then on the way back it is unavoidable. You could use the Shift +WIN command to auto-win the goblin fight. It is just that one encounter, and if you are stuck, that is the best way to get past them.
Ok that wasn't to clear quest says manor is the first step and there's not many ways around.

Dorateen

Arcane

Ok that wasn't to clear quest says manor is the first step and there's not many ways around.

Exploration is pretty non-linear. Generally, if you stick to the maps closer to the starting castle, you should be able to get a few more encounters to level up and some better weapons.

Mortmal

Arcane

Exploration is pretty non-linear. Generally, if you stick to the maps closer to the starting castle, you should be able to get a few more encounters to level up and some better weapons.
Ok thats what i am doing but you can very quickly ends up in high CR encounter, like the bridge, move in get attacked immediately . It's all trial and error and reload fest , one map 5hp goblins, the one right next blammo two displacer beasts 85hp each.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ok something i noticed, there's one lone guy near a cave, sometimes a quest triggers ask for a memento , sometimes nothing happen and he just offer hospitality . I cant manage to get this quest again, might be a bug there. Same for the library area, there's a wizard on the bottom right of the map, but soemtimes it just doesnt appear either.

Dorateen

Arcane
Ok something i noticed, there's one lone guy near a cave, sometimes a quest triggers ask for a memento , sometimes nothing happen and he just offer hospitality . I cant manage to get this quest again, might be a bug there. Same for the library area, there's a wizard on the bottom right of the map, but soemtimes it just doesnt appear either.

The initial conversation with the guy by the cave triggers when you approach in front of him, that is when he talks about the memento. When you click directly on the NPC, he will offer hospitality and a place to rest.

The wizard by the library, his conversation should trigger whether you walk in front of him, or click to talk to the NPC. After the conversation, he disappears. I will check that one again. Thanks!

Mortmal

Arcane

The initial conversation with the guy by the cave triggers when you approach in front of him, that is when he talks about the memento. When you click directly on the NPC, he will offer hospitality and a place to rest.

The wizard by the library, his conversation should trigger whether you walk in front of him, or click to talk to the NPC. After the conversation, he disappears. I will check that one again. Thanks!
yes i found it its interacting with the icon enxt to guy that trigger the quest, then he moves other that and do not offer hospitality. So far found no other bugs.

Dorateen

Arcane
Let us not forget to mark the passing of the one year anniversary since Knights of the Chalice 2 was released to backers.

u5KW7yu.jpg

Last edited:

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
I would still get it. Its an excellent game with the best ai of any d&d game in history. I still enjoyed version 1 quite a bit even though I had to cheat like hell to end up getting very far. At this point i think its approx version 1.15, its been tweaked in every direction and can be tuned to how you want to play so its far less of a factor. If anything I would only wait until this opening village area is complete, Ive yet to run through whats there now but it seems that will end up being an important part in priming your characters for the module proper. The module was well designed in my opinon or rather the encounters were intelligently and specifically designed to mess you up in a synergistic way (much appreciated in this declinatory era) but your party really needed another 2 or 3 levels in most encounters and it would still be a big challenge.

On top of that, we have Dorateen's module now. I'm not trying to fluff another member by saying its one of the best modules overall thats out there. For me, Hearkenwold is a combination of 1st edition, 2nd edition, and the old choose your own adventure style books. Its free form exploration with the kind of story and dialogue that allows your own imagination to fill in the blanks with plenty of punishing outcomes at the drop of a hat. On the other hand you can also play it in the Iceblink engine for free, which as an older gentleman like myself, may be equally enjoyable although the KOTC version has much higher combat difficulty due to the ai capability.

For the record, my party in current run is half-giant scythe skewer samurai, mantis gladiator, hill dwarf cleric, lightfoot halfling and deep kobold psionicists, and a moon elf red mage.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Count me among the people that wish I could have been around during the Kickstarter. Anyone know when this will be available for sale?
You can email Pierre at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com to ask him how to buy a copy. The game isn't "officially available", but you can still buy it directly from him.

Did not know that. I thought maybe someone might have heard something about when it would be officially released.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If anything I would only wait until this opening village area is complete, Ive yet to run through whats there now but it seems that will end up being an important part in priming your characters for the module proper. ...

That makes it sound a lot more reasonable. I think I'll go ahead and make the purchase.

rojay

Scholar
Count me among the people that wish I could have been around during the Kickstarter. Anyone know when this will be available for sale?
You can email Pierre at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com to ask him how to buy a copy. The game isn't "officially available", but you can still buy it directly from him.

Did not know that. I thought maybe someone might have heard something about when it would be officially released.
It's not completely bug free but I figure if I'm going to buy it at some point anyway, why not give Pierre more money than I'd spend if I bought it on release at GoG?

Sometimes I make rash decisions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom