Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
Make a pussy build on oddity. 18 AGI, rest on DEX, run away from everye enconter just to meet your demise before Tchort.

CHEMS

Scholar
Guys, i finally got a hold of the plasma beam mentor and it's BEAUTIFUL.

I'm willing to bet Styg'll probably nerf it to the ground, but here's the highlights:

First of all, has no cooldown whatsoever. You can spam it as long as you want, if you have the AP (25) and psi (70) for it. Most important of all: it DOES crit. I have effective 185 metathermics in my current Crossbow/Metathermics build. I can crit for about 700 damage with a single cast. Great range. Gotta test it in groups of enemies though. It's powerful on my mixed psychosis build, i can only imagine the punch it'll pack on a 18 WILL build.

Now for the location of it, since those reddit fags who found it won't spill the beans:

You can get it two ways. The way i got it required finishing the oligarchy questlines. Once Tchortist get the cube, if you explore Upper Underrail on screen left of the Lunatic Mall you'll see a Lunatic Stairmaker blowing a hole on the ground with TK Punch. Kill him and go into the hole, it's a dungeon full of Lunatics and Psionic Proxies (doppelgangers like the ones in Tithonus Lab)

The mentor is loot from a Lunatic Overseer.

The other way to get it it's one of the Lemurian facilities but i don't know which one, since i didn't start expedition with this build yet.

Oh, and yes, if you enter the Institute via this dungeon, they'll be hostile and attack on sight.

hqdefault.jpg

Knifegaf

Novice
I cannot wrap my head around why they would no longer guarantee Booth on every playthrough. It’s a direct advantage some players will have over others and completely by chance.

Sykar

Arcane
I cannot wrap my head around why they would no longer guarantee Booth on every playthrough. It’s a direct advantage some players will have over others and completely by chance.

Huh? I thought he is just randomized.
Nope. He is no longer guaranteed in every playthrough according to Yogimanz. It’s in the bug section of the forums.

Yup found it.
https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=6652.0

Plain retarded.

Sykar

Arcane
you forgot the best, atemporal one

5b5.png

The problem here is that it is a lie. I have been murdered in one round on my full HP 9 Con Riot Armor wearing Double P(psychotic Psionic) by a single Death Stalker. They are the most overtuned enemy in the game bar none, the only reason you can handle them is due to heavy cheese and meta knowledge on most builds. Some builds hard counter them, sure. The rest? Better know your stuff and have no problem exploiting the shit out of the system.

Parabalus

Arcane

Huh? I thought he is just randomized.
Nope. He is no longer guaranteed in every playthrough according to Yogimanz. It’s in the bug section of the forums.

Yup found it.
https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=6652.0

Plain retarded.

The answer seems to imply it's not completely random.

Though he's probably lying, not sadistic enough for Stygian.

Trashos

Arcane
Nah, don't exaggerate, they are not sadistic.

I just spent 25 FUCKING MINUTES trying to find the rift in Fort Apogee. No way I would have ever found it if I didn't know it had been added.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

5b5.png

The problem here is that it is a lie. I have been murdered in one round on my full HP 9 Con Riot Armor wearing Double P(psychotic Psionic) by a single Death Stalker. They are the most overtuned enemy in the game bar none, the only reason you can handle them is due to heavy cheese and meta knowledge on most builds. Some builds hard counter them, sure. The rest? Better know your stuff and have no problem exploiting the shit out of the system.
qABFExx.png

Parabalus

Arcane

5b5.png

qABFExx.png

That's all good if you know they are there, hence the F9.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

5b5.png

qABFExx.png
1625118772714.png
1625141765436.png

ciox

Liturgist
You can enter the cold tower dungeon without starting a new character, pretty sure that's standard, but just wanted to check.

Some of my impressions:
- it looks pretty fresh and exciting, some new tiles and sprites to see
- the Upper Underrail music continues to play, which is totally unfitting, recommend turning the music off once you're deeper inside so you can listen to just the howling wind ambience
- you can get through with just 20%/10 cold resistance or so, from average insulating padding, it's just harder
- it seems there's plenty of coal and lighters just lying around on Hard, only healing is hard to come by
- it's a bit one-note as far as mechanics, heat only comes from campfires which you activate with coal, and pre-placed cryogas/wind freezes you, there's no environment controls or unusual sources of hot/cold like a monster or something unexpected
- you can get fire resist and throw molotovs around to disrupt the cryogas a little and remove chill, but it's not recommended because you'll defrost certain things but not melt any ice blockers, safest way to go is heavy cold gear
- the summit dissapointed me a little, mainly because it's not really a summit, the stairs just get blocked and you're granted access to some divisive loot in side rooms

So, the reward is all about some harsh symbolism and the helmet far as I can tell.
I remember an old discussion about how you should be able to craft leather helmets, with infused leather bonuses. Might be why this +1 CON helmet was created.

Muh ambient:

Cold wind theorycrafting commencing.

The origin of the cold seems to be that you get blasted with cold wind, not from above but from the side, originating from the black void at the sides of the top of the tower. This is where the cold is most intense.
Thematically it seems to be inspired by the spider lair in Expedition, where you also hear a howling wind coming from somewhere, but the source of this cold wind could pretty much be anything, including some underground artifact or industrial implement.

If it really is coming from above ground, then it looks like you're basically already exposed to the surface at that point. You're blasted with cold wind from the side, and you take cover from it by getting behind the tower. It's not coming from above you.

Anyway, I wouldn't write off the idea that it's just an industrial thing, there are mysterious pipes everywhere, including pipes that lead into the black void where the wind comes from. And the weird consoles.

dpTiMZc.jpg

CHEMS

Scholar
CHEMS does it work on robots after all? if yes, I'm going for thermal motherfucker playthrough untill it's too late.

It does energy/fire damage just like a plasma pistol. I don't see why not.

The only thing that really bothers me with stalkers is the absurd MP they have. The rest is manageable.

ciox

Liturgist
Thematically, the most bothersome is probably their good dodge/evasion.
The death stalker has high health, regeneration, and decent resistance against mech damage. That's a tank, right? Nahhh it can also dance out of harm's way.

At this point a lore dungeon would be justified to explain how the death stalker became...

nGP6g8K.png

CHEMS

Scholar
Don't worry about that. Bet that on Infusion we'll have Death Stalkers that can fly and spit ranged stingers

Jezal_k23

- the Upper Underrail music continues to play, which is totally unfitting, recommend turning the music off once you're deeper inside so you can listen to just the howling wind ambience

That must really fuck up the mood. It's a shame.

jackofshadows

Magister
The hat has weird durability
BD7FF860EA9DA36643B84F2B807B3B1B04281793

As for the origin of the cold, as much I liked Tygrende's uh, hypothesis, it is probably something far more grounded as envitioned by, like the usual corpo shenanigans, just with the cryo gas this time: there're same gas tanks around and judging by
BDC14D84A9A04623120303F05BCD416BFDB40F9C

and the spot where this regulator was supposedly ripped off was somewhere nearby, which could led to chain reaction or something.
OTOH, weird psi-projections somewhat similiar to ones from Tithonus lab are indicate essentially, Leviathan influence if I'm not mixing up lore bits horribly here.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom