Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
daa.gif

Machocruz

Arcane
I'm not totally against the OoT baby puzzles, but as an old head they never defined LoZ for me as they came to do for others. Since BotW is supposed to be a throwback to original LoZ values, dungeons should be an evolution of the first two games. Large, maze-like, multiple floors, dangerous enemies, with secrets (hidden doors, rooms, pathways, etc.), traps, badass music (tired of the ambient, slow tempo themes).

Hassar

Scholar
I never particularly liked Zelda’s puzzle design since many seemed so separate from the story

Zelda is not trying to be an immersive sim or craft a really interesting world, therefore demanding perfectly logical and consistent worldbuilding
It's just trying to be a grandiose high fantasy adventure, and it's unique approach to dungeons as always been a part of that

Mostly agree
Although the Four Swords games and the Spirit Tracks multiplayer were pretty fun

That’s the reason why I don’t understand why they have this weapon durability system. It’s not trying to be realistic, yet adopts an annoying mechanic which mirrors an attempt at realism. Just odd. Those design beliefs also conflict with what you need to build a successful open world.

Drakortha

Liturgist
That’s the reason why I don’t understand why they have this weapon durability system. It’s not trying to be realistic, yet adopts an annoying mechanic which mirrors an attempt at realism. Just odd. Those design beliefs also conflict with what you need to build a successful open world.

The weapon durability system is in line with the rest of the design philosophy they had when designing BOTW. They wanted to make a Zelda game that was filled with the most popular tropes so they could pull in the widest audience possible. In the case of the durability, it was taking a page out of the survival game genre (rust, minecraft). Among other things like crafting, loot hoarding, climbing towers (Ubisoft games, Skyrim), the list goes on. I hope you understand now.

Neuromancer

Augur
The shrines were of varying quality. Some were good, most were fine, and some were terrible (those fucking motion controlled Labyrinth boards were infuriating), but regardless they definitely weren’t the main draw of the game. Proper dungeons (ideally ones that required exploration to find) would have fit the game far better.
The problem you had with the labyrinth boards are related to the fact that the game was primary developed for the Wii U only with its GamePad in mind. Among other things, the GamePad was to play like a real life representation of the ingame Sheikah slate and of course showed maps and was used for item selection.
When Nintendo later adopted and changed the main target to the Switch - they unfortunately removed almost all of the Wii U features. :roll:

With the GamePad on the Wii-U the labyrinth sections play perfectly fine.
They are indeed more difficult with the Switch Joypads.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Retarded Fanboys are all over this forum. When will they ever learn that their unconditional love for trash games is a vile and putrid thing? It is sickening to see.
Have you actually played it?

Because if I had actually played it. there's no way I would think it was shit. Is that right? Typical Fanboy ideology and cope when faced with the fact that someone else doesn't adore the same thing they do.

Yeah I played it extensively enough to have come to my final verdict that it wasn't worth the price of admission (it was a switch launch title, after all) and it wasn't worth the time investment either.

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Retarded Fanboys are all over this forum. When will they ever learn that their unconditional love for trash games is a vile and putrid thing? It is sickening to see.
Have you actually played it?

Because if I had actually played it. there's no way I would think it was shit. Is that right? Typical Fanboy ideology and cope when faced with the fact that someone else doesn't adore the same thing they do.

Yeah I played it extensively enough to have come to my final verdict that it wasn't worth the price of admission (it was a switch launch title, after all) and it wasn't worth the time investment either.
So what was trash about it? Did you think it was trash because it's not like alttp/oot? Wouldn't that make you the fanboy? You seem like an angry hateboy, I just think it's a fun game. What's going on here.

Ivan

Arcane
Finished the DLC last night on Cemo. I'd love to see a Hard mode right from the get go in the next entry with more survival mechanics to pay mind to.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
So as a personal finale, I saved the Tarrey Town quest for last as I remember completely missing out on it when i first played BOTW when I had a Wii U. What a wonderful set-off! This was a very touching side story with some wonderful music and characters <3 So long BOTW, thanks for the memories!

:love:

Momock

Augur
I really don't give a shit about the Skyward Sword remake, never played it, never wanted to. All the characters in that game looked stupid, get that stupid Olive Oyl-looking Zelda incarnation away from me. Probably not a coincidence they're pushing Skyward Sword along with BOTW2's floating islands, though.
A shame. It's only fault is only not having an open world (only it's not a bad thing) and, unfortunately, too much hand holding (probably because it has good dungeons and they were afraid that retards got blocked and pissed).

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I knew those motherfuckers would go back on the 2022 release date. Nintencucks on suicide watch.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Think it should've been pretty obvious after the previous Nintendo direct that BotW2 wasn't happening this year. They would've had something more to show by now if it would.

SumDrunkGuy

This will probably be the greatest game ever made. I don't say that often.

Btw has anyone played Link's Awakening? How is it?

Modron

Arcane
Link's Awakening was pretty solid I remember playing it on my Gameboy during lunch in elementary school.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Link's Awakening is a solid little game, not as ambitious than A Link to the Past but more competently done. Don't expect too much from it.

The actual classics are the NES games.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Its funny to think that people expected second Majoras Mask with this, new entry in series made mostly on previous game assests in quick time. Now this has development time almost as long as original BOTW and maybe in future it will be even longer.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I remember getting my switch with ZBoTW and to this day i haven't finished it, will probably go back to it after i finish the post game of Xenoblade 3.

visions

Arcane
Btw has anyone played Link's Awakening? How is it?
I found the Gameboy Color version (Link's Awakening DX) pretty cool when I was a kid. Don't know about the Switch remake but I don't like what they did to the graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom