Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
I climbed to the top and all I got was a stupid hat.

The summit was anticlimatic as fuck. I was expecting a fucked up boss fight and some nice loot. All i got was a gay hat.

And a new oddity.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hey, I'm loving certain aspects of this. Now, are those shades you come across really like those in Tithonus labs? Or are they more like the ones in the Somirbaeren graveyard? There's a big difference between those I think. I don't know if you can affect the graveyard ghosts, but the Tithonus labs you can kill with Thought Control (temporarily) if I recall correctly.

Now, is this really anti-climactic for people, with no boss or anything? I mean, we never even have that much by way of lore I don't think for that tower. I take it as a temperature regulator of some sort gone rogue basically. Something happened, possibly during a quake, and as a result we now have this. Or, it was used to supply chems of some sort to the rest of underrail.

I mean, I don't think it's out of the way to say that the summit itself is just another part of Underrail. Close to the surface, yes, but it could definitely be a cavern so massive you couldn't see the distance.

CHEMS

Scholar
I mean, I don't think it's out of the way to say that the summit itself is just another part of Underrail. Close to the surface, yes, but it could definitely be a cavern so massive you couldn't see the distance.

Metro lines don't go THAT deep. I think Upper Underrail itself is real close to the surface already. That tower looks like it's on the surface, not underground.

CHEMS

Scholar

Ghulgothas

Arcane

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

The summit was anticlimatic as fuck. I was expecting a fucked up boss fight and some nice loot. All i got was a gay hat.

And a new oddity.

Uhh..

https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=7185.msg28695;boardseen#new

I'm more interested to find out what this early-game indicator is.
Shit I never knew there were dominating only fragments. How many? And only one per play through? These guys are true psychopaths.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

And a new oddity.

Uhh..

https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=7185.msg28695;boardseen#new
ooooooooh, I just happened to have a months old DOMboy short of wrapping up everything before Expedition, now I might

bvkFec9.jpg

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The Master Blasters and the Tower Summit are the mutually exclusive dominating cells. Your email will tell you which one you've gotten on your playthrough.

Intriguing, but this means there is something hidden atop the Frigid Peak. Something worthy of rivaling the three Bomb Masters in Core City.

Trashos

Arcane
I do not understand. The Utility Tower only exists on Dominating? Some specific level in the Tower only exists on Dominating? Which one is it?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I do not understand. The Utility Tower only exists on Dominating? Some specific level in the Tower only exists on Dominating? Which one is it?
The tower itself is always there, every character every difficulty. The towers final floor, presumably with a unique encounter, is only accessible on Dominating. And that's if the game didn't roll the Master Blasters instead. It's a random toss between two Dominating-only superbosses it seems.

Jezal_k23

I think that not being able to access the summit based on random factors is... fine. But there are some problematic things to consider:
  1. If being unable to go somewhere (like up to the summit) looks like a bug rather than an intended feature, then this is a fairly big problem, because new players will be asking this question for years to come, and might even be pissed that the game "bugged out" on them.
  2. Given that access these areas is random and up to chance, some players might get unlucky and roll the same thing several times. How long do you have to spend on a new playthrough before you find out you rolled the same thing as the last time, and won't get to experience new content this time? This is why perhaps this kind of thing should ideally not be decided by RNG.
But in general, this is probably fine. I mean, I hope I get lucky enough to see both options in my future playthroughs.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I think the two being mutually exclusive is fine, especially considering that you can confirm which one you got very early in the game. It's a bit meta but so is whole DOM difficulty.

Knifegaf

Novice
I’m fine with the
I think the two being mutually exclusive is fine, especially considering that you can confirm which one you got very early in the game. It's a bit meta but so is whole DOM difficulty.

I’m also good with this. My problem at least for the time being is Booth not spawning on every playthrough. It sounds like there may be an indicator that we don’t know about as of yet. If there is one and it’s accessible from the start it won’t be as bad but honestly it still leaves a sour taste

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I got an email saying something about people escaping being released? Is this the blaster event?

edit: Guess it's time for a restart. Was only at the mushroom cave. Shotgun Paco VI here we go.

edit2: Ice T. Clever.

Last edited:
You can get three different belts of +15 biology/chemistry/electronics for joining Investigation in the Institute now. But you can only get one, and they require 50 base skill in whichever skill they boost, not effective. Biology and chemistry ones maybe won't be so good on a high int character since you might not even meet the requirements. They also all give +2 utility slots, -1 agility, and 5% to 15% resistance reduction, not resistance, I am stupid, to the element/elements you'd associate with them (bio/heat/acid/energy). Also the chemistry and electric belts give 2% extra crit chance to chem pistols/energy pistols, and the bio belt means any health hypos you craft have 5% chance of double healing.
So yeah, not that great, but at least the electronics one will always be useful for saving skill points.

Update: I lied because I can't read. It's not damage resistance, it's damage reduction, like from conditioning or mushroom brew or whatever.

Last edited:
+2% crit chance to *crafted* pistols, meaning guns built while wearing the appropriate belt get the benefit of the crit chance, I suppose
Oh shit, good point. That's way better. I mean, it's not a huge boost, but it's basically free. I'll happily take free +2 crit chance.

Tygrende

Arbiter
the bio belt means any health hypos you craft have 5% chance of double healing.
Have you tested how that works? Do I need to wear the belt while using the hypo for a chance of double healing? Or do I just wear the belt when crafting and it's a chance I will make a better hypo that is distinct from the rest and has the double heal in the description?

Parabalus

Arcane
Meaningful content being gated behind random dice rolls is pure cancer.

Only reason it's tolerated in UR is because the game is great despite it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom