Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry

Murk

Arcane
The base camera is ass, I used this to get something less nausea-inducing: https://steamcommunity.com/app/386280/discussions/0/492378265888779367/

You can further edit the values to get you a camera that you like (like centering it, too).

using the @ command didn't work for me, but having the 'Parameters' folder with the .con file did.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Game is currently 60% off on Steam, but the reviews are all over the place. I don't think I have the patience to deal with this.

Drop Duck

Learned
Vendetta is great and it's the best pirate game there is.
Seeing as I love pirate themed games you have just sold another copy of the game. If it can capture even a small part of the magic I got from Sid Meier's Pirates! back in the day it will have been worth it.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Game is currently 60% off on Steam, but the reviews are all over the place. I don't think I have the patience to deal with this.

It's even better: you can buy Easter Egg 2021 bundle with Knights and Merchants, Two Worlds - Epic Edition, Earth 2150 Trilogy, Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry, Dream Pinball 3D, Gorky 17, Two Worlds II, Earth 2140, Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense, RoBoRumble, Earth 2160 , for half of what Vendetta costs by itself.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/20537/Easter_Egg_2021_Bundle/

Of the bundled games I can recommend Gorky 17, both Two Worlds can also be enjoyable, if not really great RPGs.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game is janky as all fuck, and combat reminds me of Redguard from 1999 but even worse, but I actually enjoyed the cynicism of some of the quests like the one where you help a crewmate to gatecrash the wedding of his ex and end up massacring a whole bunch of innocent people.

A year longer and it could have been Two Turds in quality and thus decent enough(for what it is). As a result we have interesting quests here and there with a nice faction dynamic but little else. Still, it was passable when playing while working.

Don't devote your spare time to it though.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

It's even better: you can buy Easter Egg 2021 bundle with Knights and Merchants, Two Worlds - Epic Edition, Earth 2150 Trilogy, Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry, Dream Pinball 3D, Gorky 17, Two Worlds II, Earth 2140, Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense, RoBoRumble, Earth 2160 , for half of what Vendetta costs by itself.

Of the bundled games I can recommend Gorky 17, both Two Worlds can also be enjoyable, if not really great RPGs.

Damn, I shouldn't have purchased just Vendetta so quickly then! Do you guys know, is there a way to ask for a refund if the same game is part of a cheaper bundle?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Damn, I shouldn't have purchased just Vendetta so quickly then! Do you guys know, is there a way to ask for a refund if the same game is part of a cheaper bundle?

It gets worse. They had the same bundle on Fanatical.com for 1 dollar a week ago.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw, did you guys play the Standard or the Deluxe Edition? Is that worth having? Probably the bundle contains only the standard.

During his quest for revenge he will hurt people all the time, and not just the guilty ones that deserve it. For example, Charlotte, a Catholic nun he saves from cannibals, only to send her down the path to ignominy

I am pretty sure going from nun to prostitute is an improvement, not a fall.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
During his quest for revenge he will hurt people all the time, and not just the guilty ones that deserve it. For example, Charlotte, a Catholic nun he saves from cannibals, only to send her down the path to ignominy

I am pretty sure going from nun to prostitute is an improvement, not a fall.

It's a pity the story of her creepy superior from the church in Bridgeport is never developed in any way. When I met this sly asshole I was sure there will be more to him. And yet he never appears again, after showing his obvious fascination with the indigenous tribes' cannibalistic rituals.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Did you play it already? If you haven't really played it, you can pretty much refund it without question.

Murk

Arcane
I think you can refund if you have less than 2 hours of playtime or something in steam.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Did you play it already? If you haven't really played it, you can pretty much refund it without question.

Well, just tried for like 10 mins only. I managed to refund it (it was the first time for me to refund anything on Steam), it was a smooth process, I got the money back within half an hour of submitting the request, then bought the bundle instead.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Wow, i didnt expect that i would ever hear about this game again, and in positive words!
We live in a interesting world...
:M

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It deserves to be in ones library thanks to this song alone. Barely any dev/publisher would dare to include any politically incorrect stuff like this. Hilariously immature.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
now that thx to certain song i know id be buying it at some point and red properly into review I have some questions around ship:

is it linear progression where there is clear bigger = better? Or can I be like han solo or in star traders where small ship can be hard but still viable.
Likewise am I forced into big ship and big cargo space or can I focus on other activities than mercantile

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
now that thx to certain song i know id be buying it at some point and red properly into review I have some questions around ship:

is it linear progression where there is clear bigger = better? Or can I be like han solo or in star traders where small ship can be hard but still viable.
Likewise am I forced into big ship and big cargo space or can I focus on other activities than mercantile

No, bigger ship is not always better. There are ships that trade military capabilities for swiftness and maneuverability. You don't always have to buy man-o-war to finish the game. Besides, for the final mission you receive a proper warship anyway.

However, you need to leave your schooner behind as soon as possible - it's fast and agile and you'll be able to outrun anyone with it, but it's impossible to capture ships or engage flotillas with it. It simply has too few cannons and too few men.

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Awesome song!
I will buy this game just to show support for such politically incorrect content in games.

Whats he gonna do with his hangin willie,
We're gonna stop 'im feelin' silly,
Never more a useless willie,
early the mornin'.

Play him a jig on a sailor's fiddle,
That'll stuffen up the bit in the middle,
His dick'll be so hard no need for a widdle,
early in the mornin'.

Hooray and up he rises, hooray, big surprises,
Hooray and up he rises, early in the morning.

Jerk 'im of but not too much,
Noo to fust, no, just a touch,
Get a maid to jerk 'im off,
early in the mornin'.

Go and get sweet little Lucy,
She's the one with the juicy pussy,
Go and find juicy Lucy,
early in the mornin'.

Put 'im in a boat and get 'im rowin'
With young Sheila, she'll realy blow 'im,
While he's rowin', she'll be blowin',
early in the morning.

Let 'im finger Lucy,s clitty,
Don't move down, cos then it's shitty,
He can even suck her titty,
early in the morning.

Rub his dick in blac gunpowder,
Then soak that thing in old clam chowder,
He'll be squealin' all the louder,
early in the mornin'.

Bolded best parts :love:

Yeah, I just came across some dudes in the harbor playing this song, it's refreshingly politically incorrect indeed. Anyone who takes an offense with it can just fuck off, it's a pirate game. That's the point; people who get offended should be offended.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
However, you need to leave your schooner behind as soon as possible - it's fast and agile and you'll be able to outrun anyone with it, but it's impossible to capture ships or engage flotillas with it. It simply has too few cannons and too few men.

Good to hear that, I'm finding it impossible to win any sea battles with the starting schooner and my 30 men. I can get maybe a few successful canon shots in before my ship gets totally obliterated... but then I suck at action games. So looks like I should start trading instead and buy a bigger ship first.

Any sea battle tips? The best I could about after an hour of retrying 10+ times is sinking another schooner but I almost got sinked myself in the process...

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

No, bigger ship is no always better. There are ships that trade military capabilities for swiftness and maneuverability. You don't always have to buy man-o-war to finish the game. Besides, for the final mission you receive a proper warship anyway.

so there is no super expensive small ship that you can use to quickly engage in melee without any cannons?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom