Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

jackofshadows

Magister
Look, fellows, if you haven't touched the game untill now, just wait a bit more, do not touch it by 0.9.1 or whatever. It's simply not ready yet.

flushfire

Augur
Look, fellows, if you haven't touched the game untill now, just wait a bit more, do not touch it by 0.9.1 or whatever. It's simply not ready yet.
I haven't followed this as closely as the first, with the current state do you think its better to start new or import? I mean challenge-wise, having decisions in the first game carry over doesn't really matter to me.

jackofshadows

Magister
I haven't followed this as closely as the first, with the current state do you think its better to start new or import? I mean challenge-wise, having decisions in the first game carry over doesn't really matter to me.
There's no question about it. Fresh one. Import bonuses are ridiculous power-wise, not to mention that it can be char of any reasonably reachable level. But I'm afraid that the game still will not provide any sensible challenge hence that quoted drunken friendly warning by the way. Will glad to be proved wrong.

0wca

Learned
I gotta ask, is this game better now in terms of dialogue and NPCs?

I played it when 1.0 came out and found that the writing was pretty damn bad. It sounded like someone was using Google Translate. The NPCs as well weren't really memorable in any way shape or form. The combat also was a bit strange because I wasn't sure if those special attack options you had actually did anything.

Bear in mind this was when the game came out the first time from Early Access, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Also, I thought that Trudograd was an expansion not a new game.
i think they changed the scope, and Trudograd is now a full blown sequel .

Yeah I realized.

But to my original question, is the original ATOM better after a ton of patches since 1.0?
Atom team even got a guy from Iron Tower Studios (Age of Decadence devs) to help them fixing the localization.

jackofshadows

Magister
I cannot say anything about translation other than assuming by the few bits here and there that it shown improvement. But the idea behind it has remained the same and opinions vary greatly on that. I consider it abysmal in general, sometimes cringe beyond belief, sometimes likable when it becomes neutral. But some people really love that whacky sort of stuff so you gotta check for yourself, maybe by digging deeper into the original game. I can also add that Trudograd has fewer NPCs but they're better developed.

0wca

Learned
I cannot say anything about translation other than assuming by the few bits here and there that it shown improvement. But the idea behind it has remained the same and opinions vary greatly on that. I consider it abysmal in general, sometimes cringe beyond belief, sometimes likable when it becomes neutral. But some people really love that whacky sort of stuff so you gotta check for yourself, maybe by digging deeper into the original game. I can also add that Trudograd has fewer NPCs but they're better developed.

Gave it another whirl. The result is pretty much ^^

I think I'm gonna hold out for Trudograd, hopefully it handles dialogue and C&C better.

ironmask

Arbiter
The writing is okay for the most part. Though often it can be pretty bad at times. The game also has so many direct cringey references to other franchises like mad max and Pokemon, both which can be found in the first location. And from what I hear the Russian version is somehow worse with the references. This game can compete with fallout 2 with the bizarre writing and cringe worthy humor. You can tell that the game was made my amateurs. Still I found this game very fun and the setting interesting enough. You can tell they put a lot of thought into the lore of the world at least. It still has that slavic atmosphere that is hard to find in games so there's that.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Considering that ATOM RPG itself was in Early Access and had numerous post-launch patches, including content ones... It's probably going to be best to wait a bit after Trudograd leaves EA as well...

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1139940/view/2979682585186035889

Dear friends!

Finally the moment has come when we can announce the release date for ATOM RPG: Trudograd.

This event will happen on September 13th, 2021.

Until then we will use every minute available playtesting the game, fixing bugs, checking out different PC configurations and planning for upcoming content patches.

Spending more than a year in Early Access we have once again found that you, our players, are the greatest source of motivation and inspiration. Your support means the world to us. Your critiques, ideas, advice, the help you offered in bug fixing, planning new features and perfecting mechanics, are what Trudograd would never survive without.

It is thanks to you that Trudograd, initially planned as a small DLC, grew into a game with tens of hours of content, new features, and interesting new ways to play. Original voiced text quests, new skill tree, new locations and characters, perfected balance are just a few of the things you helped us reach.

It is only natural that we wish to thank you for going above and beyond in helping us. That’s why everyone who owned Trudograd in Early Access will get a small free DLC gift called the Veteran’s Pack which will include a new uniform, a Veteran’s medal and a pretty nifty little thermos that will help you in your travels.

Thank you again for your support, trust and patience. And as always, let there be… ATOM!

See you on the release date!

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Dear friends!

Finally the moment has come when we can announce the release date for ATOM RPG: Trudograd.

Until then we will use every minute available playtesting the game, fixing bugs, checking out different PC configurations and planning for upcoming content patches.

Spending more than a year in Early Access we have once again found that you, our players, are the greatest source of motivation and inspiration. Your support means the world to us. Your critiques, ideas, advice, the help you offered in bug fixing, planning new features and perfecting mechanics, are what Trudograd would never survive without.

It is thanks to you that Trudograd, initially planned as a small DLC, grew into a game with tens of hours of content, new features, and interesting new ways to play. Original voiced text quests, new skill tree, new locations and characters, perfected balance are just a few of the things you helped us reach.

It is only natural that we wish to thank you for going above and beyond in helping us. That’s why everyone who owned Trudograd in Early Access will get a small free DLC gift called the Veteran’s Pack which will include a new uniform, a Veteran’s medal and a pretty nifty little thermos that will help you in your travels.

Thank you again for your support, trust and patience. And as always, let there be… ATOM!

Best news!!!

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Wtf this was supposed to come out in October!! Great news, both Encased and Trudograd, also Wotr in the same month.

Maybe Putin plays RPGs too and its either September or gulag

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Dear friends!

Thank you for sharing!
Atomboy I have a question - does the perk Best of the class in the Tinkering tree work retroactively?
They all do!
If it doesn't tell me, I'll do a check!
BUT DONT FORGET THAT SAVE WILL BE WIPED IN 8 DAYS

Dear friends!

Best news!!!
Eh, pretty good I guess!
:what: All the Russ RPGs decided to release at the same time. I thought this was going to be in October.
Weirded me out as well, but what can you do. We said, (or we wanted to say, anyhow, I don't remember how I translated that old news post) that the release will happen sometimes up to October. Stuff wasn't ready yet in summer, so September it is then!

Whoa I'm so hyped! Out of Wrath of the Righteous and Encased I thought I would go with Encased but I guess there's a new man in town. Will wait for Trudograd. :bounce::bounce::bounce:
Thank you, though remember that being hyped leads to becoming maniacally depressed...
But if you do, we'll make a patch to fix it all up!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom