Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final fantasy XIV any good?

Advent

Novice
After playing it for a bit longer and not bothering to care about rushing to 80, I've been having a better time. So far I have a Samurai and Scholar/Summoner at 67, a Warrior at 41, along with 51 for Mining and Botanist.

Stormblood story sucks so far. I hate how they are so lazy with cutscenes, having the default character give a nod or any other default mmo emotes.
Samurai is a really fun melee dps that feels good to play. I haven't played melee dps since Wotlk in WoW.
Scholar is an awesome healer with so many tools. Easy to DPS with off GCD heals which makes things faster/provide a fun challenge for yourself.
Gathering was relaxing actually. I've been stockpiling things to hopefully craft.

Caim

Arcane

Myobi

Liturgist
Nah, it's because some skeleton looking degenerate of a streamer picking up the game. To wit, when game director Yoshi P. did a developer stream recently he got 100k viewers, the streamer dude got over 200k on his first day.

I know, i know, i kid. I think people were stream sniping the dude, spamming shiny ass abilities and shit just to fuck his experience with it. Poor mofos who have been playing in the server since ever had to suck up huge queue times over it...

Caim

Arcane
Nah, it's because some skeleton looking degenerate of a streamer picking up the game. To wit, when game director Yoshi P. did a developer stream recently he got 100k viewers, the streamer dude got over 200k on his first day.
I know, i know, i kid. I think people were stream sniping the dude, spamming shiny ass abilities and shit just to fuck his experience with it. Poor mofos who have been playing in the server since ever had to suck up huge queue times over it...
Yeah, people kept following him around and fucked with him, even making new characters just to do so. There were also people not very happy with him being there because he's not 100% sunshine and rainbows all the time, which for someone who's been putting up with WoW as much as he does is no wonder (he apparently even got a negative reaction from a Blizzard employee on Twitter).

https://www.pcgamer.com/streamers-first-final-fantasy-14-experience-ruined-by-idiots/

https://clips.twitch.tv/NurturingHeartlessApeCorgiDerp-f4NB9wUKsudlzMSl

embedding it breaks the link

[...] As soon as Asmongold landed in the first public area, he was greeted by a mountain of other players. If you've never played Final Fantasy 14 before, some of the classes have pretty obnoxious animations (looking at you, Dark Knight) and certain unlockable mounts are massive. They can already be an eyesore on their own, but trying to get through a group of them can be a nightmare. Clusters of people can make it difficult to select specific NPCs or objectives, and large mounts or animations can easily obstruct your view.

The mounts and crowds were relentless for the entirety of Asmongold's 10-hour stream, only yielding for brief periods when his character would poof into an instanced quest or dungeon. The chaos continued into yesterday's 8-hour stream, with one character riding a gigantic whale mount being especially irritating. It was clearly an unwanted presence by Asmongold, and you can feel his irritation building through his second stream.

Thankfully, it looks like the game's GMs stepped in to help sort things out. A player claiming to be the whale mounter shared a screenshot over on 4chan, showing an email from Square Enix banning the user for harassment and disruption. [...]

AB5BZbxy5mDquy8sUwNtJE-1024-80.jpg.webp

ebcojb36ac971.jpg

>add gigantic mount to game
>mount fills the screen of someone else
>9 day bannu
>END OF RINE

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I assume it's because they're actively out to disrupt someone's experience. From what I can see player names are disabled so even if they're one of those "my character name will show up in famous streamer's videos!" weirdos you no longer have a reason to orbit around him.

Smigle

Literate
I don't think the mount is an issue here. It was clearly a player who went out of their way to pester another player. Imo reasonable ban. Could be shorter though, there are worse issues getting lesser penalties.

Caim

Arcane
Plus, Asmongold and his fellow streamers are bringing a massive influx of new and returning people into the game at no cost, so it makes sense that Squenix wants to stay in their good graces.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Banning people for streamsniping has higher chance of backfiring since it is in that moment the company admits they see more worth in one player over another player.

I mean in a more sane time that's how it'd go. I assume if you watch someone play Final Fantasy XIV of all games you have something deeply wrong with your circuitry.

Sabotin

Scholar
They will ban for such things even if you're not a streamer. I remember a bunch got the boot by spamming big vfx spells in crowded areas after a patch. Or sitting on huge mounts on top of NPCs. They seem to not do much passively, but large disruptions or reports do get their attention, at least in my experience.

Plus, Asmongold and his fellow streamers are bringing a massive influx of new and returning people into the game at no cost, so it makes sense that Squenix wants to stay in their good graces.

There's no way for the moderator to know if this was a griefer or some retard going OH MY GOD IT'S ASMONGOLOIDOLD LOOK AT MY COOL MOUNT ISN'T IT COOL ACKNOWLEDGE ME and lacking the awareness to tell "chill out, guys" means "fuck off", so I'm inclined to think this was the reason.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
the whale mount costs real money, and the ban time suggests he was banned once already. good on square for getting rid of that fag.

Guess what I ran into in the Hildebrand questline?

An octopus creature haunting hot babes... It literally sneaks up on them, then starts murmuring how hot they are and also implies that it wants to insert its tentacles.

:hmmm:

M3EeeCF.jpg

Myobi

Liturgist
For $42.00 that fatass whale better suck my dick too.

Caim

Arcane
You'd need one of those ERPers for that. But check out the video on the mount:

Note how both the comments and the like/dislike bar have been disabled.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
You'd need one of those ERPers for that. But check out the video on the mount:

Note how both the comments and the like/dislike bar have been disabled.

Wasn't the banned stream sniper using the $30 bucks mount?
At least the picture linked by Clockwork Knight showed that one.
And from what I recall, the FFXIV channel always disable comments and the like/dislike bar in every on of their videos, even trailers and the Producer Live Letters.

Smigle

Literate
Btw to be fair these mounts don't seem that big. But yeah, haven't seen them in game.

One month into intensive Palace of the Dead solo attempts. Closest I got was floor 200 last run where I timed out 15 seconds from the goal. Floor 199 fucked me with 4 proximity aggro mobs on top of the exit and a no abilities debuff which tripled my kill times, wasting multiple extra minutes.

ffxiv_07012021_174215_443.png

What losing 15 hours of work looks like.

Smigle

Literate
You should name this image "pain".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom