Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware [Play-by-post] Lamentations in Averoigne

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If there are wolves about, Requin doesn't see the harm in throwing them in this hole.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Daphne unpacks her Wolvesbane, hoping that it actually does somethi,g against wolves.
Further, she tries to engage Marcus in small talk, hoping to learn something about his crime, and about the people (or forces) he is after.

nikolokolus

Arcane
While the troupe makes the short walk to the sinkhole, Marcus walks stiffly and slowly over the rolling turf and Daphne hangs back a bit and attempts to probe his past. Marcus is cool and distant (perhaps not unexpected after more than 1,000 years trapped in the dark in his horrific curst state) but is cordial, and open up a bit, when asked about what life was like and other little questions. His voice is reedy, world-weary and unsettling, "Hmmmmm . . . it's a long story lady, but I will tell you a bit of it, if you have the ear to listen . . ." He then goes into a bit of detail about his life as a Praetorian, being recruited into the Mithraic Mysteries, and as he ascended grades, recounts learning the true purpose of the Cult; to oppose some ur-god of chaos, that has taken many names and many forms down through millennia: Set, Ahriman, Nergal, etc. He and his companions came to southern Gaul hunting a heretical sect founded by a sorcerer-priest that, several hundred years before he was born, claimed to be the incarnate avatar of Aita, the dead Etruscan god of the underworld and death. He was believed to have stolen some great and powerful codex or tablet from deep antiquity from the Great Library at Alexandria, thereafter returned to Rome where he spread discord, and divided the priesthoods of Dispater and Orcus, then fled with some of these heretics to Gaul. All of this occuring several hundred years before the Roman Conquest. Marcus is cut off as you arrive at the site of a great hole in the ground . . .

You come to the spot where it looks as though a mound has collapsed into the earth below. Peering over the edge reveals a very dim chamber only partially illuminated by the mid-afternoon sun -- Fifteen paces in diameter, and perhaps just as deep. There are numerous nooks, alcoves and darkened recesses in the earthen walls of this deep well, and it looks as though there are numerous piles of yellow bones of unnamable creatures littering the rubble strewn floor of dressed flagstone. The five vultures are still circling high overhead. Marcus leans over and casually remarks, "Odd . . ."
RjPTAFM.png

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
yellow bones of unnamable creatures
Requin looks at the bones and wonders if he has seen their like in his forays into the wild. Drawing upon his considerable experience he concludes that yes, they are indeed dead.

SoupNazi

Finn kicks one of the smaller stones down and watches it fall with anticipation.

nikolokolus

Arcane
A mix of small and large animal bones. Impossible to ID without getting up close

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Grima attempts to spy what might have got the Vultures attention. Usually they prefer a little meat on their bones.

nikolokolus

Arcane
It takes over a second for Finn's stone to strike the bottom. It clatters loudly and echoes up the well. Marcus turns his head to regard Finn for a moment, then turns his gaze back into the well, wordlessly.

Grima strains his eys into the dark, and all he can surmise is that some of the bones must still have flesh on them. Based on the godawful smell of rotting flesh, this seems like a reasonable assumption. Grima looks up again at the circling vultures. Christ they are big! What is it with big-ass animals around here?

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
"Must be something fresh down there, might be worth checking out."

Grima flips down into the pit and checks it out with his lantern.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So Requin is rappelling/absailing down? Who is holding on to the rope? How is it secured? There are no trees here, just some crumbling masonry blocks at the edge, and a few loose stones scattered around the ground near the lip.

nikolokolus

Arcane

Your acrobatics roll can mitigate the first 10 feet of a fall, to take no damage, but after that physics are not on your side. It's fifty feet deep . . . and rubble strewn at the bottom. You sure about that?

AdamReith

Magister
Patron

Your acrobatics roll can mitigate the first 10 feet of a fall, to take no damage, but after that physics are not on your side. It's fifty feet deep . . . and rubble strewn at the bottom. You sure about that?

Oh I thought it was 15 feet deep!

Forget that so. Grima happy to hold the rope for Requin, anchoring it to some masonary or whatever is available.

nikolokolus

Arcane
While the others start working with the rope, Guillemin checks the surroundings for the nearest possible cover from the vultures, if it comes to that.
Guillemin's survey of the surroundings leaves a lot to be desired. There are two small copses of hoary looking scrub pines about 70 paces away. One to the northwest and the other southwest. It's bleak, open and shrouded with mist beyond about 100 paces, so it's impossible to say what else is nearby.

SoupNazi

Finn lifts his head to look at the circling vultures. First he loads a bolt in, then he leans his crossbow casually against a shoulder and keeps an eye out on the vultures. "So do I, mon ami."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
So Requin is rappelling/absailing down? Who is holding on to the rope? How is it secured? There are no trees here, just some crumbling masonry blocks at the edge, and a few loose stones scattered around the ground near the lip.
No I threw the rope down in case flipper here needed to climb back up. :lol:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Grima goes down the rope so.
How much will you pay for Requin to keep holding the rope? :lol:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron

Grima goes down the rope so.
How much will you pay for Requin to keep holding the rope? :lol:

Remember Marcus will deduct friendship points from you if you let go and we will never find his magic bird bath. :P

Is that a chance you are willing to take? Well... is it? Punk?

Grima goes down the rope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom