Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4, Vita) aka Shin Digimon Tensei

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Man, the difficulty of this game really spikes at some point. You absolutely need DEF and INT penetrating moves to deal any significant damage to bosses, otherwise you'll be stuck there wearing them down for 30 minutes wasting healing items (even if you use buffs). This really sucks, as I'm currently pretty much forced to use a small subset of 'mons (plus a couple in support roles) to get anywhere. At least the grind in this game is pretty fast, so getting the useful ones isn't that painful.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just played this game. Gatomon makes fighting the the eater monsters easy haha.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I'm intrigued by the premise here of mixing battles in cyberspace with monster taming though I hate hate anime. Might get it if it's ever on sale. 2 games for the price of 1 in the Complete Edition is sweet.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I still find Digimon World 2 to be the slightly better version, this one is a bit too easy.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I still find Digimon World 2 to be the slightly better version, this one is a bit too easy.
I've only dabbled relatively briefly in monster taming/collecting ie Pokemon on various emus over the years and found that too simplistic an experience. Perhaps I might like the digimon universe a little better. In this case, I like the art-style and that much of it takes place in cyberspace (Interplay's Neuromancer still has its influence over me after all these years). An easy difficulty will likely allow me to ease into it better then maybe I can bump up the challenge later if I decide to stick with it and get somewhat adept.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm intrigued by the premise here of mixing battles in cyberspace with monster taming though I hate hate anime. Might get it if it's ever on sale. 2 games for the price of 1 in the Complete Edition is sweet.
If you really hate anime, skip this.

I'm saying that as someone who enjoyed playing it/them.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
If you really hate anime, skip this.

I'm saying that as someone who enjoyed playing it/them.
Maybe not as much in games (I'd definitely consider playing Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne) but perhaps most of my hatred is directed more towards animated TV series/movies/manga.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Btw, is Digimon World: Next Order the same as Digimon World 2? It looks great in the steam trailer.

Nope, Digimon World 2 is from the ps1 era. Similar to cyber sleuth but the dungeon crawling is much more difficult. You often won’t complete a stage if not well prepared by mid to late game.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Btw, is Digimon World: Next Order the same as Digimon World 2? It looks great in the steam trailer.

Nope, Digimon World 2 is from the ps1 era. Similar to cyber sleuth but the dungeon crawling is much more difficult. You often won’t complete a stage if not well prepared by mid to late game.
Digimon World 2 difficulty falls off a cliff from the mid game.
Once you have enough money and inventory space you just stuff 2-3 missiles for each trap and get a bug zapper. The early game is the hardest since you can't deal with anything without prior knowledge(which missiles to carry) and even a simple ep bug will annoy you.

But even then I wouldn't call the game difficult. The traps are a binary "game stopper or practically useless". Proper dungeon crawlers traps are a annoyance that works together with enemies to finish you off. Digimon world 2 enemies are never a real threat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom