Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Higher Game

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
In a couple years video games will have Kohl's sales pricing.

For non-americans: it's a clothing store where everything is perpetually on "sale" or clearance but the sale price is the intended price to sell it at anyways so it's just fraud.

they already do.
just compare today's sales with the real, true, genuine sales and prices we had years ago.
Not quite what I'm referring to.

This is what I'm referring to:
UWJKFD8.png

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Man seeing you guys commenting on game price increase, meanwhile i'm crying on 250/350 bucks range prices for alot of games nowadays. :despair:
Maybe a different kind of life's for you, matey. Yar har har.
oh i already follow that lifestyle whatever possible, but even then is insane what the studios are forcing on us price wise.

I'd had my eye on the Danganronpa trilogy and picked it up in the sale. Just played through the first one and although they were pretty cheap, suffering from a mild case of buyer's remorse. 1) It was extremely on-rails with pretty much everything spelt out for you. And 2) storyline was pants-on-head bonkers and frankly I was disappointed.

Think of it more as a VN with things you have to click on, there's no C&C and everything plays out as designed whatever you do. I sort of got to quite like the characters apart from the typical milquetoast MC, but if you're not a fan of anime teenagers YMMV.
Thanks for the heads up! The lack of C&C isn't too surprising since it sounds akin to Phoenix Wright, but if the clicking isn't doing too much for you that's a bummer. Wasn't much fun to be had either in the adventuring parts or the questioning sequences?

Stop buying shit on Steam and visit the Epic Game Store. Give devs the cut they deserve instead of fat Gabe.
Hey Brut!
:creamyblood:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'd had my eye on the Danganronpa trilogy and picked it up in the sale. Just played through the first one and although they were pretty cheap, suffering from a mild case of buyer's remorse. 1) It was extremely on-rails with pretty much everything spelt out for you. And 2) storyline was pants-on-head bonkers and frankly I was disappointed.

Think of it more as a VN with things you have to click on, there's no C&C and everything plays out as designed whatever you do. I sort of got to quite like the characters apart from the typical milquetoast MC, but if you're not a fan of anime teenagers YMMV.
Thanks for the heads up! The lack of C&C isn't too surprising since it sounds akin to Phoenix Wright, but if the clicking isn't doing too much for you that's a bummer. Wasn't much fun to be had either in the adventuring parts or the questioning sequences?

I wouldn't call it 'fun', but it was mildly engaging purely because I wanted to see how it all turned out and how they were going to tie everything up. I'm not going to spoiler anything as the story is the main draw. The investigation phase contains no surprises as all the hotspots are pointed out to you and the questioning parts, with a few exceptions are along the lines of 'this person has said that XXX happened, but I have a clue that says not'. I've only played the first Phoenix Wright and that was a loong time ago, but I think this was simpler.

You'll get a good idea whether you'll like it or not in the first two hours so if you take the plunge you can always refund I guess. It doesn't really change after the first trial.

I wouldn't call it 'fun', but it was mildly engaging purely because I wanted to see how it all turned out and how they were going to tie everything up. I'm not going to spoiler anything as the story is the main draw. The investigation phase contains no surprises as all the hotspots are pointed out to you and the questioning parts, with a few exceptions are along the lines of 'this person has said that XXX happened, but I have a clue that says not'. I've only played the first Phoenix Wright and that was a loong time ago, but I think this was simpler.

You'll get a good idea whether you'll like it or not in the first two hours so if you take the plunge you can always refund I guess. It doesn't really change after the first trial.
:what:
Well shit. Phoenix Wright is already pretty simple. If you say the first couple hours give a representative look at it though that's good to hear, very well may try it out in that case. Was afraid it might drag ass enough that the two hour window for refunding wouldn't show much. I guess that'll also give me a decent taste of the weebery to see if that bugs me or not.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
I bought five games this Summer Sale and could match exactly what I had gained from selling Steam Trading Cards. :incline:

Dungeon Rats was a very nice experience - for this price it feels like stealing from the studio. Put over 20 hours into that game.

Barro 2020, was okay, for the price it's good. I played the maps with the default settings since I like racing games with campaigns.

Jurassic Fantasy took me a while until I enjoyed it and 10-15 minutes later it was over. Very clunky but I'm satisfied.

Gone in November. It was on my wishlist forever since I like pretentious games. This was one was okayish.

Theseus: Journey to Athens was really a rough gem. First playthrough didn't feel that great, the second one was really fun! Captured the AoD feeling a bit but had enough going on its own.

Last edited:
Bought everything, even Stein's Gate which I had previously talked myself out of. Looked through my Steam order history and the last time I did a big purchase was in 2018 so I used that as an excuse to justify buying shit. :kingcomrade:

Szenhidrat

Novice
As usual i'm pretty late for the steam sale. Got Age of Decadence and the Gothic series (also Harvester) and i was wondering whether the NWN premium modules/DLCs are worth a buy for the EE version. Can you guys help me out?

GloomFrost

Arcane
As usual i'm pretty late for the steam sale. Got Age of Decadence and the Gothic series (also Harvester) and i was wondering whether the NWN premium modules/DLCs are worth a buy for the EE version. Can you guys help me out?
Darkness over Daggerford is an absolute "must buy"!! Hours and hours of old school fantasy RPG fun. Pirates of the sword coast and Tyrants of Moonsea are also pretty solid.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Battle Cry of Freedom, new massive multiplayer combat game from the developer of Napoleonic Wars, M&B DLC, now set in the American Civil War:

ss_2deee0e6f6f974bf26f865cb43b85e3174c84c9f.600x338.jpg
ss_931476778f20f1d71d8ead518d7aeecdcfceb697.600x338.jpg

Latelistener

Arcane
Purchased a bunch of shit on this sale. More than I'd like to admit. Got myself Amid Evil, Dusk and Ion Fury; Valheim (hopefully it won't die in Early Access), Tabletop Simulator, Conan Exiles, Low Magic Age, Islanders and maybe something else I forgot.

I was interested in these, but choose Gunfire Reborn for now:

Also, released (the demo was good):

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
My haul from the final hours of the sale:

Approaching Infinity*
Colony Ship
Darkest Dungeon + DLC
Dyson Sphere Program
ELEX
Kenshi
Last Epoch*
Legends of Amberland*
Pathfinder: Kingmaker DLC
Rift Wizard*
Subnautica
Tower of Time*
Vigilantes*

*Haven't played yet but would be interested to hear other Codexer's experience with it

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom