Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Arkane founder Raf Colantonio resigns (aka The Prince of Failure)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Is there a chance Raf returns to Arkane after he's done with music career?

Why would he? He's tired of AAA game development, probably the biggest of his reasons of retirement. If and when he goes back to game development, it will be indie.

He will definitely be back.

Also keep in mind he will likely return and work for several years before he goes public with the project

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Anyone got a clue what Harvey and his gang at Arkane Austin is working on nowadays? I was once reading the gang wanted to make a Prey 2 but then Zionmax said Nein.
Finalizing Deathloop and Dishonored 3. You know it's true.

That's the Lyon studio, and Dishonored 3 is probably still 5 years off, if it comes at all.

Hines

Savant
Is there a chance Raf returns to Arkane after he's done with music career?
Zero. Zenimax has a clause that if you quit one of their studios, you can't return period. The most you can hope for is more licensed Colantonio tunes in Arkane's future titles. Raf's going to go indie, though, so you'll still get to play a new game from him one day.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dishonored is pretty much dead.

It wasn't perfect, but they really did try.

Dishonoured and Prey both deserved better.
I hear Prey was infested by SJWism. Did it not sell?

Sold badly, somewhat due to confusion over the name/franchise (people thought it was a sequel/reboot to the original Prey)

SJWism was present, but in all honesty I mostly ignored it in favour of the gameplay.

Probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a proper System Shock 3, considering the probable colossal clusterfuck that is going to be Otherside's SS3.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Very cool podcast. Gives me confidence for Weird West and Redfall, respectively.

Hope poor Harvey keeps seeing his therapist though...

thepriceofentrywithhat6jb2.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom