Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to Kalin

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kalarion, are you on drugs? How the fuck you managed to parse "I haven't donated to the codex and I'm probably not gonna, unless there are properly anonymous donations I guess" as some kind of "BDS-like threat" is a mystery, but stop letting your colossal lust for DU's cock shortcircuit your thinking. That shit doesn't even work as a threat. I was simply pointing out that there are actual consequences to his handling of this specific topic, because if you act comfortable with abusing people's financial information, people will naturally not want to entrust you with their financial information. I didn't think I needed to spell it out to this degree, but I guess you needed it.

Also, if DU didn't want to anyone to call him out for the dumb shit he did, he shouldn't have brought up the topic himself and made it sound like people were just overreacting by omitting crucial context.

And following it up by treating abuse of access to people's private information as a laughing matter ain't exactly helping either. Sure, maybe snark and being a little bitch are part of DU's defense mechanism against uncomfortable subjects, but some subjects are in fact serious business.

I didn't "parse that", I was using hyperbole for effect. I thought that would be obvious in the context of my post (considering I tried hard to be more exacting for my main points), but I guess not. For the thrust of your argument re: financial information, Ed123 already made what points I would have. Again I thought those points were implied by my post ("...thorough... accounting to the Codex"), especially since you were actually here and watching when everything happened. But in essence what Ed said is why I, for instance, don't have a problem donating to the Codex.

As to DU not wanting to be "called out", I doubt that matters to him per se; he could probably care less whether other people retain their anger over it. Rather I was trying to provide my perspective on why he reacted to your eruption the way he did. Not because he's unrepentant, but precisely because in his mind he already repented, and he won't be made to abase himself continuously afterward at the whim of others' later indignance. We have the evidence that DU is perfectly willing to tackle "serious business" when he believes it is warranted. It's just that in his mind this particular piece of business was already dealt with, and he felt no obligation to continue avoiding his usual method of dealing with (as you said) potentially uncomfortable subjects.

Luckmann your first post on the matter of your information being obtained was pretty disturbing, but you subsequently added a lot of qualifications to having been doxxed. Are you saying that the site administration obtained your personal information and then passed it around for the purpose of figuring out how to harass you? Or are you saying that they gathered up publicly available information on you and have it available (a very different thing to actual doxxing in my mind, though no less possibly intimidating if you're on the receiving end of it)? For instance, I was able, out of curiosity, to hoover up a decent amount of information on Infinitron just from basic DDG-fu following the (re-)posting of that blog site. Would you consider that doxxing?

ElectricOtter

Were all condemned criminals in the world of infinitron. Your personal information is collected and collated, to be used as leverage if you start shit posting

Aemar

Arcane
DFFan_YWsAAu5QU

Vatnik Wumao
Or are you saying that they gathered up publicly available information on you and have it available (a very different thing to actual doxxing in my mind, though no less possibly intimidating if you're on the receiving end of it)?
Infy made a post two years ago in the admin forum which linked to an Antifa doxxing site that had a page with information about Luckmann. That's the long and short of it. To frame it as if Infy did the doxxing himself is silly.

ElectricOtter

Or are you saying that they gathered up publicly available information on you and have it available (a very different thing to actual doxxing in my mind, though no less possibly intimidating if you're on the receiving end of it)?
Infy made a post two years ago in the admin forum which linked to an Antifa doxxing site that had a page with information about Luckmann. That's the long and short of it. To frame it as if Infy did the doxxing himself is silly.

Why was he looking into luckmann's identity in the first place? You're saying he just stumbled into antifa's doxing site and the specific page of a codexer?

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Maybe I should retire.

no+country.png

“But there is another view of the world out there and other eyes to see it and that where this is going…Somewhere there is a true and living prophet of destruction and I dont want to confront him.”

No.

Don’t run away.

You’ve got to confront the guy and rein him in, before this place completely burns to the ground.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Exactly why were you digging up Luckmann's information, Infinitron?

I'm guessing they google up the username/email address to see if there is any notoriety. Like in the case of a sleeper account being activated after years (maybe the email/password was leaked).

And since Vastaamo's psychotherapy records were recently leaked to the darkweb, he was probably checking if nomask7 had said anything about the pizza sessions during his state-sponsored counseling.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Maybe I should retire.

no+country.png

“But there is another view of the world out there and other eyes to see it and that where this is going…Somewhere there is a true and living prophet of destruction and I dont want to confront him.”

No.

Don’t run away.

You’ve got to confront the guy and rein him in, before this place completely burns to the ground.
Make a wild guess how much dox they have on Crispy if he suddenly starts talking

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I don't remember. I think somebody may have told me Luckmann was a serious Neo-Nazi activist and that there were details about him online, so I went and looked for myself.

In general, we gossip about weirdos in the staff forums all the time. Like I said, you basically have to trust us not to abuse our privileges, there's no way around that.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I first edited this into my previous post, but since the thread is moving so quickly right now I'll post it here instead:

I want to reiterate that I do not give a shit about the doxx itself, and there certainly is a difference between "doxxing" someone in an internal or private forum and doing it publicly. What gets to me here is the hypocrisy at play; mentioning someone's first name or other non-identifiable information is not the same as actually doxxing someone, however, and trying to go "well it's OK when we do it ha ha I mean it's JUST US" is a crock of shit.

The name in question isn't even an uncommon hebrew name, and has apparently been posted publicly in a blog by the sacred jew in the past. If not for the radical neuroticism of the subject, the fact that this name is his name would never have become known to the vast majority of us, and even when knowing that name, we can't track it down to him specifically - at least not without asking around or being told the full name, which you can do anyway.

The butthurt at play here is incredibly hypocritical. What's "worse"; using the first name of someone in a non-identifiable manner or post someone's full doxx in a "private" ("hurr durr it's just us") section accessible by all mods? Stop being such fucking cucks.

Vatnik Wumao

I don't remember. I think somebody may have told me Luckmann was a serious Neo-Nazi activist and that there were details about him online, so I went and looked for myself.

In general, we gossip about weirdos in the staff forums all the time. Like I said, you basically have to trust us not to abuse our privileges, there's no way around that.
I think that it's a non-issue anyway. You still have the same data available, so you'd be able to gossip even outside the 'dex regardless of forum guidelines.

We can debate ethics all day, but what's the point if they can't be enforced?

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I first edited this into my previous post, but since the thread is moving so quickly right now I'll post it here instead:

I want to reiterate that I do not give a shit about the doxx itself, and there certainly is a difference between "doxxing" someone in an internal or private forum and doing it publicly. What gets to me here is the hypocrisy at play; mentioning someone's first name or other non-identifiable information is not the same as actually doxxing someone, however, and trying to go "well it's OK when we do it ha ha I mean it's JUST US" is a crock of shit.

The name in question isn't even an uncommon hebrew name, and has apparently been posted publicly in a blog by the sacred jew in the past. If not for the radical neuroticism of the subject, the fact that this name is his name would never have become known to the vast majority of us, and even when knowing that name, we can't track it down to him specifically - at least not without asking around or being told the full name, which you can do anyway.

The butthurt at play here is incredibly hypocritical. What's "worse"; using the first name of someone in a non-identifiable manner or post someone's full doxx in a "private" ("hurr durr it's just us") section accessible by all mods? Stop being such fucking cucks.

Lmao you're banned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom