Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to Kalin

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Exactly why were you digging up Luckmann's information, Infinitron?

I don't remember. I think somebody may have told me Luckmann was a serious Neo-Nazi activist and that there were details about him online, so I went and looked for myself.

In general, we gossip about weirdos in the staff forums all the time. Like I said, you basically have to trust us not to abuse our privileges, there's no way around that.

Trust authority? Fuck no! Never trust authority.

Also Free Luckmann!

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
As a connoisseur of drama in online communities, I gotta say this one is fascinating. It's like being in the eye of the hurricane.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If it's fair for us to "gossip" about users in the Admin forum and post personal, completely non-related-to-their-Codex-activities info therein, why isn't it fair for others to post your personal, non-Codex-related info that you yourself posted both in a blog and also at one point on your Steam account? All that resulting in multiple people being banned here.

I actually agree that with Admin we need to reserve the right to talk about potentially personal details about our users, but only for purposes of them potentially either becoming a problem for other users here or if something dire arises, such as an illegal post or some sort of suicide threat or something like that.

If the fact that you posted that link in Admin hadn't become public knowledge, well, we wouldn't be here right now. I myself had completely forgotten about it.

Alas.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm:

Shoutbox shit

DarkUnderlord Saint_Proverbius maybe get a handle on your lapdogs

:what:

The shit that goes down while you're typing a post :lol:

Why the fuck are the Admins discussing this shit in shoutbox. Why is Crispy stoking the flames by saying the dumbest shit imaginable, all day every day. What the fuck. WTF WTF WTF.

I'm probably going to get torched for this, but Infinitron has a point. The Admins do have access to a lot of information about anyone who donates to, or through, the Codex. And it's perfectly reasonable to suppose there are contexts where that information would be discussed among the Admins in private:
- online stalkers that show indications of turning physical/real-world
- instances of lawbreaking where failing to report them would endanger the existence of the Codex or cause material harm to victims (something along the lines of sex trafficking or confessions of rape, for instance)

...that's really all I can think of off the top of my head.

There are also instances where the Administration may want to privately talk about how best to deal with members of the Codex that are causing problems; being persistently malicious by continuously pushing against the boundaries set by DU, for instance ("Should we slap his wrist? Nuke from orbit?").

But I struggle to think of a situation where those two overlap- where the Admins should be using private information, obtained through the site's normal workings or otherwise, to fuck with members.

:despair:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Exactly why were you digging up Luckmann's information, Infinitron?

I'm guessing they google up the username/email address to see if there is any notoriety. Like in the case of a sleeper account being activated after years (maybe the email/password was leaked).

And since Vastaamo's psychotherapy records were recently leaked to the darkweb, he was probably checking if nomask7 had said anything about the pizza sessions during his state-sponsored counseling.
:stunned:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
1. Who's Luckmann?

2. Also, why am I not surprised that Crispy is flaking again after being, once again, the person who demanded something be done about it?

I don't think you have much of a choice

Have you noticed how Jenkem is now emboldened to call you by your real first name since Kalin started doing it?

I realize you've freely given your name out on the internet so there's not much that can be done about that but still I think this is a rather disturbing trend.

You have to cut off the head of the snake sometimes.

So, FWIW, if you decide to do it, and anyone asks my opinion as to why, I'll state that I've been watching Kalin drag down Codex for years, especially within the last few months.

Food for thought.
Feel free to bring DU in to the conversation. I know I'm a Drama Queen but I'll remain objective and not go outside the convo.

In the end something has to be done in my opinion. The Jew thing is literally out of control.

Edit: Ah, I see you did.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think Infinitron does a great job.

Now, while we are at the subject, maybe you could look into the issue of implementing these avatars, I posted them originally quite some time ago in the respective thread (2017 or so, I believe), but somehow they are yet to go live.

PWOfeyN.png
GMP603n.png
zaryPJN.png
MguBLHz.png
GeMaC1v.png
Ipx1mhT.png

Collector's edition Numenera Portraits, I can upload the archive as well, if it makes it more convienient to implement these.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Feel free to bring DU in to the conversation. I know I'm a Drama Queen but I'll remain objective and not go outside the convo.

In the end something has to be done in my opinion. The Jew thing is literally out of control.

Crispy changed his mind? First he wanted to punish jenkem and kalin and now he turned 180 degree? Lolz.

374.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL are people that stupid/naive to think that the staff doesn't know your bank shit and your IPs and mails ??? The whole melodrama eludes me,it is obvious that the jew will have an access to that shit lol. It is obvious that those dudes will have a little gay closet where they will show each other which poster where it touched them and how many times. Like giving money to retardera,then going on a nazi pride even and wondering why you got nuked and doxed by them lol. You dumb fucks should think before you give away your info on the internet,not coming back later whining about who knows what.

:deathclaw:

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
lol that was in a PM. PM used to stand for Private Message.

But fine. If that's where you want to go, it's simple; when all the Infinitron naming thing was going down, I was still under the impression that RPG Codex wasn't doing something similar behind closed doors unnecessarily. I think I was acting in good faith (upholding our rules of not getting personal).

Now that the fact that Infinitron bent those rules, albeit in the private Admin forum, has become public knowledge, I've changed my mind about it. Does that mean I'm "flaking"? I don't care what you call it. I have a problem with the way this went down when reminded what Infinitron is capable of doing.

We have a rat in Admin. Someone, somehow, found out that Infinitron posted that link. Why that blog about Luckmann was originally posted is immaterial; it's about his personal life and -- as potentially despicable a life as that may be (I didn't really read the blog about him) -- I'm pretty sure none of it has anything to do with:

- Why Luckmann posts here

nor

- What Luckmann posts here

Therefore we have a double standard. Is it an egregious one? It depends on whom you ask. What about all those people who got banned that now know about Infinitron's inquisitive nature? How do you think they feel?

Do with me what you will, DU. I've been de-modded before. I'm not throwing in my star just yet but I won't be all that disappointed if it's taken away. But I will tell you this much:

Something stinks in Israel.

Vatnik Wumao
If it's fair for us to "gossip" about users in the Admin forum and post personal, completely non-related-to-their-Codex-activities info therein
I do not think that it is fair, but it is what it is. A law that cannot be enforced is no law and DU can't police you for gossiping outside the forums even if he wanted to. I do find it ethically questionable to have tabs on random users, but even other users with no administrative privileges can do that with the information available on the general forums. As long as the admins do not divulge data that they've obtained through their forum privileges to those who do not have direct access to the same information, then it's as fair as it can get in this regard. Infy wasn't spreading that info in the general forums. He just shared it with those who could've reached it by themselves were they so inclined.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
1. Who's Luckmann?

2. Also, why am I not surprised that Crispy is flaking again after being, once again, the person who demanded something be done about it?

I don't think you have much of a choice

Have you noticed how Jenkem is now emboldened to call you by your real first name since Kalin started doing it?

I realize you've freely given your name out on the internet so there's not much that can be done about that but still I think this is a rather disturbing trend.

You have to cut off the head of the snake sometimes.

So, FWIW, if you decide to do it, and anyone asks my opinion as to why, I'll state that I've been watching Kalin drag down Codex for years, especially within the last few months.

Food for thought.

The true Jew unveiled!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom