Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to Kalin

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh, I see Luckmann has been banned.

The image of your pony avatar has stood for quite a while, even though it is borderline racist commentary. However, your recent additions to your user page--naming the pony avatar "purebreed" and the inclusion of the phrase "master race" in one of your user boxes--create a racist statement out of your user page as a whole, especially considering your past here at The Vault.

Therefore, you are blocked forever. Goodbye.
Luckmann has been blocked previously for the use of the term "aryan race" -- racism. He was also previously warned to leave his racist ideology off The Vault. The pony avatar he created -- starkly white with blonde hair and an iron cross emblem -- coupled with the newly added "purebreed" term -- constitute the same racist statement as the use of the word "aryan" in conjunction with race.
:prosper:

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Hail fellow Dragons!
This story is kind of a mix between Ultima and the awesome movie "Independence Day". The Weyrmount is also here, with a few of my friends from the Weyrmount MOO. I'm not much of a writer, so I hope this story will be okay.

Not much has changed apparently...

The First Day
The Ethereal Void
A big shadow goes over Trammel. A giant, brown, mushy-looking starship flys by, towards Britannia.
Britain
Lord British is in bed, talking to his wife Nellie over the ether-phone ( Yes, they're married here ).
Lord British: I have a confession to make, honey. I'm in bed with a beautiful young brunette.
Lord British petted Sherry the mouse, who was sitting on his leg.
Nellie: Haha, very funny. Let's get to the point. Your polls here in Cove are going bad. They're saying that your attitude with the gargoyle problems are like the Avatar saying,"Name? Job?". We're in big trouble.
Lord British: It's not true. Where do they get these ideas?
Nellie: I don't know...things have really been going down-hill ever since you decided to put in the next "society advancement" into Britannia.
Lord British: Oh come on, democracy can't be that bad!
Trinsic
Shamino and Iolo are playing chess and talking.
Iolo: Shamino, I don't know what to do with Gwenno. She hasn't been talking to me for days. It was an accident!
Shamino: Look, Iolo, VAS FLAM HURing an ancient vase is not to be forgiven easily.
Infinitron Dragon: This is true.
Iolo: Well she put it on the table! Couldn't she find another place to put a vase? How am I supposed to cook my food?
Shamino: Hmmm...maybe an oven?
Iolo: Yeah, but that's so slow...VAS FLAM HURing is so much faster. Although it is hard to get the meatballs off the ceiling afterwards.
Shamino: Look Iolo, why don't you just get her that new "electric lyre" thing...that'll make her happy.
Iolo: Oh, shut up! What do you know about women anyway?
Shamino: I know quite a lot about them! I know they prefer blue diapers!
Iolo: CHECKMATE!
Shamino: D'owe!
Paws
Dupre is riding his dragon ( In this age, humans fly on dragons ). As he flies over the plains, he throws magical dust on the crops, while doing loops and other tricks with his dragon. After a while, he lands. A few gargoyles come out of a nearby house.
Gargoyles: Shlook Zomp Plarg A few humans come out and laugh at Dupre.
Thugs: Hahaha...been drinking too much at Dr. Cat's, Dupre? You sprayed the wrong field!
Dupre: * hic * Oops.
Infinitron Dragon: Hey, he stole my line!
The EDDS
The Ether Disturbance Detection Station was made by Lord British in order to detect any evil beings coming from the Void. It has never actually found anything except a giant rubber ducky floating in the Void ( Shamino later confessed that he had created it ), but ever since the Black Gate incident nobody wants to be taken by surprise again. The station is located near Trinsic. A man is sitting in a chair when suddenly a beep is heard from one of the magical devices.
Oblivion Dragon: Hmmm...nice description. Could be better, though.
Man: What's that? Whoa! Check out the size of that thing! Wait a minute, that's Britannia. Wait a sec, there's something else...it's not disturbing the ether - the ether is actually staying away from it!
Infinitron Dragon: ???
The man calls his boss.
Boss: Unless you're an insanely beautiful woman and/or Britannia is under attack by an evil entity, hang up now! The man tells his boss what's happening and calls Iolo.
Iolo: Yes?
Man: Iolo, come to the EDDS, quick!
Iolo: I'll be right over!
Cove
The Avatar wakes up in his house, where he and Nastassia live.
He turns on the light and goes into the kitchen, where Nastassia is making breakfast.
Nastassia: Oh, don't give me that! I'm your wife, Nastassia!
Avatar: Well met, Nastassia. So, what's for breakfast?
Nastassia: Well, I decided to make you a special memorial breakfast - Traditional Pagan Kith Stew!
Avatar: PAGAN!??! NOOOOOOOO!!!! NO MORE JUMPING!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Nastassia: Just kidding! I'd better go, I have to be at the shrine in 15 minutes.
Nastassia leaves. The Avatar takes a bite out of his breakfast.
Avatar: Hey wait a second...this is...TORAX RIBS!!! NO NO STOP THE PAIN!!! AAAAAAAHH!!!
The EDDS
Iolo arrives at the EDDS, where Smith the Horse is waiting for him.
Iolo: What's going on, Smith?
Smith: Come see this, Iolo!
They go to a big monitor and look at a big blob floating through the void. Several small blobs come out of it.
Iolo: Hmmmm...Shamino's fabled giant silly putty?
Smith: Nope! Watch what it does to the ether!
Smith activates a smaller screen showing some ether atoms and an unidentified blob atom. As the blob atom comes near, the ether atoms grow a little hand and hold it to their nucleus. Then they run away as fast as they can.
Iolo: Weird...
Smith: Yeah...no natural phenomenon or even Shamino-made phenomenon can make that happen. It must be...
Iolo: Aliens!
Smith: Yeah...I hope they bring some far-out alien hay!
Iolo: Hay?! That's what you're thinking about now? What should we do about this?
Smith: Hmmmm...well, after killing Malchir, don't forget to take the Tongue of Flame.
Iolo: WHAT?! Oh stop that Smith, this is serious!
Smith: Well, I'll go tell LB about it.
Smith trots off. Iolo plays a little with the equipment.
Iolo: Hey, Smith, come here, I want you!
Smith: Hay? Where? Oh, you mean hey.
Iolo: Look at this...the ether will be totally malfunctional very soon... it'll run away right into the Void! They're pushing it away systematically, every bit of it. No magic will work soon, not even "Turn Aqua-Blue Grass into Bats with 13.45 Fingers"!
Smith: Oh come on, why should they be evil?
Iolo: I wonder how all their ships can coordinate together like that? The flat shape of Britannia makes that difficult.
Smith: How should I know? I'm just a horse.
Iolo: Of course.
Smith: Of course.
Iolo: Well, anyway, the machine says the ships will be here in...two seconds.
See! I'm original! Other stories would make it 20 minutes! But not me!
Paws
Dupre goes home, where Spark is waiting for him.
Dupre: Hi, kid. * hic * What's up?
Suddenly a shadow goes over the town. They run outside.
Spark: WHOAA!!! An alien ship!
Suddenly, Spark's eyes roll and he pulls out his sword.
Spark: MONSTER, KILL KILL KILL!!!!
Dupre: I told the Avatar not to take him along back then, but NOOOO, he wouldn't listen. The Avatar never listens to me. * hic *
Spark regains sanity.
Spark: Well, what should we do?
Dupre: Stay in the house, I'll go to Dr. Cat's and see what's up.
Suddenly, they smell something horrible.
Spark: Have you been eating gargoyle food, Dupre?
Dupre: Just go in the house.
Dupre runs over to the pub.
Dr. Cat: Well, well, well it's Dupre!
Laughter is heard in the bar.
Dupre: * hic * Gimme a beer Doctor. Seen that ship out there?
Dr. Cat: Yeah, so?
Dupre: So? Aren't you the least bit curious what that thing is?
Dr. Cat: Sorry, I'm not programmed to be curious.
ZoOM Dragon: Okay, okay, I'm working on it.
Dupre drinks his beer.
Dupre: Well, are you gonna give me a beer or not?
Dr. Cat: I think I already gave you one, Dupre.
Dupre: Hmmm...I guess you're right.
Thugs: Well, Dupre, aren't you going to save us from the evil aliens?
Everybody laughs at Dupre.
Dupre: Do you think they're friendly?
Lord Mike: HELL NO!!!!! I mean, well, no.
Dr. Cat: Well, what do you think? ( That is, if you're capable of thinking after drinking so many beers )
Dupre: Well, they can't be worse than a few humans I know. Dupre glares at the thugs and smiles. Then he has a hangover and loses consciousness.
Britain
Lord British answers the ether-phone. Static is heard.
Lord British: Yes?
Smith: Ummm...LB...go outside for a second, okay?
Lord British walks outside.
Lord British: Wow...so this is how outside looks.
Smith: Yeah, but do you see that big mushy thing in the sky?
Lord British: Yes...I take it that thing isn't supposed to be here.
Smith: It's an alien ship, stu...I mean, my lord! Here, talk to Iolo.
Iolo: Mr. No...I mean Lord British, I think those aliens are evil!
Lord British: Why? I mean besides the obvious reason that if they weren't this whole story would be pointless.
Iolo: They're pushing the ether into the Void! That's why the ether-phone is malfunctioning. They're bouncing their communication transmissions off the ether to coordinate themselves.
A scary tune is heard.
Iolo: They're using our own ether against us!
Lord British: Now, Iolo, you have no concrete proof that they're evil...
Iolo: Okay, but don't be surprised if your ether-net card stops working.
Lord British: No more Internet? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Must control myself... ...no...you can't convince me, Iolo...I can't just declare war on them, Iolo.
Iolo: Well, I suggest you warn the people not do something stupid like use Firedoom Staves on the ships or something.
Lord British: Ok.
Suddenly posters appear all over Britannia with the message -
Hail citizens of Britannia!
Please, do not shoot our visitors!
There'll be plenty of that later!

Iolo: How'd you do that?
Lord British: I told my men to hang the posters. Then I left the screen and returned and the posters were all hung.
Iolo: Well, I'm going to meet you now. Bye!
Lord British: Ok, but I'm not going to give you any food!
Lord British suddenly smells something bad. He checks his armpits. He then smells something even worse.
Cove
Nastassia return from work and goes in the house. Inside, the Avatar is banging the furniture with his sword.
Nastassia: What do you thing you're doing?
Avatar: Just raising my Strength and Dexterity attributes. Don't worry, it won't do anything to the furniture.
Nastassia: Ok...so what's new?
Avatar: Nope...nothing new. I haven't seen any big brown mushy alien ship in the sky.
The Avatar and Nastassia walk out and see one of the mushy alien ships.
Avatar: Hey look, there's a big brown mushy alien ship in the sky!
Nastassia: By the Avatar!!! Oops, sorry honey...
Avatar: Do you suppose they're evil?
Nastassia: Well, I guess we'll know soon...
Yeah, I'm getting tired of writing this pre-attack stuff. I wanna see some explosions!!!
Avatar: Nastassia, do you smell that?
Nastassia: Hmmm...have you been fighting monsters in Castle British's sewers, dear?
Avatar: Naaah...they haven't been letting me in there ever since I collapsed that wall and made the toilets overflow. God, I haven't smelled something so bad since I caught Lord British in the bathroom.
Nastassia: I didn't know there was a bathroom in Castle British.
Avatar: It's a special invisible instant-bathroom. That's why me and my companions never have to go. We teleport to the invisible bathroom, instantly relieve ourselves, and teleport back. Those things are all over Britannia.
Nastassia: Sounds like a waste of the taxpayer's money.
Avatar: It's more heroic...imagine us needing to go to the bathroom in the middle of a fight.
Nastassia: Hmmm...I guess you're right.
Avatar: I'm always right. I make a magical mark in time before a problem I have to solve, and if I mess up I rewind time back to that mark. Anyway, I have to go to work at Jhelom. Bye, honey.
Nastassia: So that's why everyone always has jet lag every time you're on a quest!
Britain
Shamino and Iolo arrive at Castle British.
Lord British: Hi
Shamino: Hi
Iolo: Hi
Lord British: I've heard that more ships have positioned over Moonglow, Minoc and New Magincia.
Iolo: Oh come on, that can't be a good sign.
Lord British: Well, we're going to find out soon. I've organized for some men to ride dragons in front of the alien ship, flashing multi-colored lights at them and playing cute little melodies at the same time.
Shamino: Why does everyone always assume that aliens communicate in such strange ways?
Iolo: So dumb story writers will have something to laugh about.
Hmmm...this is a paradox, I think.
Lord British: Well, the strangest thing has been happening...the ships have been dripping on us.
Iolo: Dripping?
Suddenly, a brown mushy thing falls on Shamino.
Shamino: I swear it's not my giant diaper!
Iolo: Giant diaper?
Shamino: D'owe! I was meaning to tell you about that...
Iolo: Never mind that...what are those droppings made of?
Lord British: Well, they're 23.4 percent typical alien plasma, 31.6 percent ether, 42.375489490873937329 chopped up Pentium processors, and 54 percent...um...guano.
Iolo: Isn't that more than 100 percent?
Lord British: Hmmm...I guess the aliens know how to make things composed of more than 100 percent.
Naaah, I just didn't have enough patience to make everything add up.
Shamino: More likely Lord British's analysis team is 100 percent composed of Origin story writers!
Don't argue with me, Shamino.
Shamino: Okay, okay.
Gwenno enters the room.
Gwenno: Well look, if it isn't the Master Chef?
Iolo: Get over it, Gwenno!
Gwenno: VAS FLAM HUR!!!
Iolo is burned to a crisp.
Lord British: KAL LOR!
Iolo is resurrected.
Iolo: Oh, will you stop that! It's really scary in that world of the dead, with those slimy skeletons always grabbing at my clothes. And I get a headache when I'm finally resurrected.
Gwenno: I don't care, vase-killer!
Shamino: Thank God I'm the single guy character in this world.
Iolo: Oh come on, Gwenno, I'm sorry! Here, let me buy you a drink. Then we'll have a romantic evening in my house.
Shamino starts to get red.
Lord British: I think this conversation is starting to embarass Shamino.
Shamino: No it's not...I'm 400 years old...you can talk.
Iolo: Yeah right, Shamino. What are you, around 11 or something? Okay, so I stole this from Captain Huggies - kill me.
Lord British: Look, people, it's getting late...soon we'll be welcoming the aliens.
Iolo: What a coincidence...the ether will be totally gone five minutes after that.
Lord British: Oh, stop that evil alien stuff, Iolo, nobody's going to believe you.
Iolo: Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna get the last laugh anyway...I love this script.
Geoffrey the Captain of the Guard walks into the room.
Geoffrey: The welcoming is starting now...come on, you don't want to miss it.
Everybody walks outside. A few small dragons with men riding on them are about to take off.
Geoffrey: These are our specialized welcoming dragons. They'll fly up to the part of the ship that looks like the front ( the part with the two big domes ) and flash their lights there. Look, it's starting now!
The dragons take off and fly between the two domes. They start their typical little show when suddenly a space opens between the two domes and a gas comes out. The dragons instantly explode.
Lord British: D'owe!!!
Iolo: Told you so!!!
Infinitron Dragon: SPAMEM SPAMEM SPAMEM!!!
Geoffrey: Come everybody! I prepared a giant escape dragon if something like this happens.
A gigantic crowd runs toward the dragon.
Trinsic
The alien ship turns around until its two domes are facing downwards.
UFO Hippies: It's ugly!!! Not to mention smelly!
The two domes and suddenly a giant brown laser is shot down.
The whole city starts exploding. Everybody runs toward their cars. A traffic jam is formed but is quickly disolved by the chaotic explosions.
Smith: Hmmm...I wonder what's worse...traffic jams or evil aliens? What a question - traffic jams of course.
Smith reaches for his portable ether-phone.
Smith: Where's Dr. Rudyom? What do you mean he's not available? For 300 gold coins an hour he better be available! Who is this anyway? Oh!!! I always wanted to know who that little drake is!
Cove
Nastassia is talking with her fellow shrine keepers.
Nastassia: So, how did the day go?
Typical Shrine Keeper: Pretty slow...only 5 heros tried to hit on me.
Nastassia: Oh well...what do you think about those alien ships?
Typical Shrine Keeper: They're our friends. They shall reveal the cosmic secrets of the universe to us!
Nastassia: You don't need them for that! That's what the Ultima Dragons website is for! Let's go out and see what they're doing.
They all walk out. The alien ships turn around so that the two domes are facing downwards. A space opens between them and a big brown laser is shot from it. Again, the whole town starts exploding. Nastassia runs away.
Nastassia: ( after a stereotypic female scream ) Now how do you access that bathroom? I know - VAS AH MU CHBE TTER!!!
Nastassia appears in an underground bathroom where she faints.
Britain
Geoffrey, Lord British, Iolo, Shamino and Gwenno climb onto a gigantic dragon, along with a hundred more nameless citizens. The dragon starts running. Meanwhile, the alien ship does the same stunt ( I'm tired of writing that again and again ) and Castle British blows up, the whole city following the same fate shortly after. The gigantic dragon manages to get away before the explosions get anywhere close to him. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I have struck a blow to stereotypes everywhere!!!
Oblivion Dragon: Oh come on...surely you could make a better description than that!
Lord British: My castle! My people! My land! My Playbo...um, never mind...at least Sherry is with me!
Sherry the Mouse: Ugh!!! Did you have to put me in your sleeve? It stinks in here!
Iolo: I can't resist it - TOLD YA SO!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Shamino punches Iolo in the stomach.
Shamino: Owwwie!!! Ummm...I mean - Shut up Iolo!
Iolo: Hmmm...I guess those aliens aren't as friendly as we thought.
Geoffrey: I've seen Lord British even less friendly when I touched his fork.
Iolo: Yeah and the same with Gwenno when somebody touches her precious vases.
Gwenno punches Iolo in the stomach.
Iolo: Enough with the punches already!!!
Suddenly, a voice is heard.
Voice: Welcome to the Jumbo Dragon 747 and a half! We hope you will enjoy your ride. Meals will be served in three hours. Tonight's movie will be "Star Trek - The Quest for the Next Episode". Don't forget to fasten your seatbelts. Have a nice day.
Geoffrey: So, where are we going to go now?
Iolo: Well, we need to go somewhere where we can find something to combat those aliens. Where is the most advanced technology in this medieval dump?
Shamino: I think the most advanced technology here is this red moongate back to Earth. Let's use it!
Lord British: We can't leave Britannia in it's time of need!
Gwenno: Sounds good to me!
Iolo: For once we agree!
Shamino: Lord British is right...if we don't defeat the aliens here we'll have to defeat them on Earth...and besides, the author of this dumb story wants to get to the explosions as soon as possible.
Iolo: How about all that hi-tech stuff from the Age of Darkness?
Lord British: It was destroyed, I'm afraid. I thought it might be dangerous in the wrong hands so I ordered it to be destroyed.
Geoffrey: Uh, sir, I'm not quite so sure about that.
Lord British: What?
Geoffrey: Uh, sir...the technology from the Age of Darkness was hidden in a secret vault in the Weyrmount.
Lord British: The Weyrmount?!
Geoffrey: Yes. One of the artifacts was a fusion pistol which the dragons seemed to like to use on each other...so we kept them there. With all those dragons there, it is a safe place! We thought we might need it someday.
Lord British: Well then, I would normally be angry at you, but I guess we need the technology now. Set course to the Weyrmount!
Shamino: I hope the dragons are feeling helpful today...
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
The Main Alien Ship
The Guardian is sitting with a bunch of goblins, planning his invasion.
Guardian: Soon, Britannia shall be mine!
Goblins: Yes Master!
Guardian: I shall slay the Avatar with my bare behind and fill their land with my putrid, disgusting smells.
Guardian: I expect the Britannians shall try to fight back with their puny dragons. But we will crush them! Our gases shall fill their world with pestilence! Our droppings shall make their world reek of dead fish and rotten tomatos! Our bared armpits shall make the them puke in disgust! Come, let us fill this world with our sacred stench!
Guardian: Stop saying that!
Guardian: Are you stupid?
Guardian: When's the last time you ate magenta-colored chocolate?
Guardian: Are you ever going to say something else?
Goblins: No Master!
Guardian: It's so hard to find good hordes these days...
That's the end of the first day! Stay tuned for the second smelly, idiotic, wonderful episode of Virtuousness Day!!! Infinitron Dragon - out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
It's no surprise that an autistic fuck has no concept of being a free speech absolutist.

I think all extremists who support violent ideologies should be on a list of "potential-problem posters" but not banned unless they break rules.
Can't wait for the codex to ask to borrow facebook's AI to determine which posters are potential extremists!

You think there was any confusion about kalin being a nazi?
As we all know, this censorship always starts and ends at the Nazis and they definitely aren't just used as a test run for eventual suppression of anyone with beliefs that they disagree with.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
As if there's anything wrong with being a neo-Nazi on the Codex. This is a {safe <space [for all misfits like tankies, huwhite supremacists, lolbertarians, tradicals, et al.]>}.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's no surprise that an autistic fuck has no concept of being a free speech absolutist.

I think all extremists who support violent ideologies should be on a list of "potential-problem posters" but not banned unless they break rules.
Can't wait for the codex to ask to borrow facebook's AI to determine which posters are potential extremists!

You think there was any confusion about kalin being a nazi?
As we all know, this censorship always starts and ends at the Nazis and they definitely aren't just used as a test run for eventual suppression of anyone with beliefs that they disagree with.

Thou shalt not cry fire...

'Nough said?

Don't get me wrong. I don't want Karen or anyone else banned. In fact I think it's best they keep posting their crazy genocidal stuff on a gaming forum than becoming social pariahas who actually put it in action.

More importantly, they really haven't done *anything* other than just say stupid stuff on internet. Punishment ought to come after the crime not before.

But let's not kid ourselves that Karen's nazidom is being taken from antifa playbook. As a matter of fact antifa is as nazi as Karen is because they want to kill anyone that goes against them.
I'm not reading all this shit

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
(and this after he deliberately antagonized me for weeks with no response on my end).
If you think you deserve a medal of honor for this, you're not fit to have mod buttons. Not being provoked by deliberate provocations is the NORMAL behavior of a mod. You slipped in the end and banned Kalin = you should be fired.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They were being bothersome pests so they're getting a time-out.
God forbid someone bothers you.

Eat shit, mental sickling. This aren't the rules. If anyone's a pest it's the jew and his cohort (you). This is known across the entire globe. And being "bothersome" (your opinion, which doesn't matter) is not a basis for a ban and never has been.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Dafug is this thread. Only page 3 and half of the posters already banned. I misclicked and it's some resetera thread about brave and stunning transgender woman of color replacing obscure white dude in some videogame?

Sums up the past few days.

unknown.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ok, so the level of retardation in this thread around how an internet forum and law actually works is pretty appalling. Crispy has no access to any real level of power, so I'm not surprised about that to be honest.

Question though: why'd you choose the 13th of May the date when the rules are edited? Just curious.
that's literally rpgnet's forums, that isn't a satire
Hoe-lee FUCK. I literally thought it was all made up.
  • Limit discussion to one killing per thread, unless they are closely related (multiple killings in close succession by the same police department, for example).
  • Each killing is a tragedy that deserves consideration on its own, and we do not want any sort of 'Police Killing Megathread' to form.
  • In these threads, defenses of the police, or justifications for a killing are not permitted, and will result in lengthy bans.
  • Discussion of needed police reforms should be spun off into their own threads.
  • Because, at the end of the day there isn't a lot that can be discussed, beyond how terrible the latest killing was, threads on police killings will be locked when we judge that the discussion has run its course.
  • This is necessary to avoid the thread becoming a 'megathread' or drifting off topic once people have run out of things to say about the killing. Megathreads can also be attractive nuisances, drawing people to RPGnet just to post in such threads, and we do not want to have to moderate self-perpetuating sources of misery.
  • If new information about the killing comes to light, such as a police officer being indicted, you may report the locked thread (please include the new information in the report), and we will consider opening it for more discussion.
  • If a long period of time has elapsed between the original thread and new information, it is permissible to create a new thread, as the old thread may be hard to find. The new thread will be locked after discussion of the new information has run its course, as above.

There are some good rules there.

And I like how it's the shitposters that keep bitching about the Codex. We're clearly such a terrible place.

If someone other than a Codex moderator or administrator

Is this within lawful processing as deemed by law? What is the rationale of sharing that data if it doesn't serve any purpose as quoted within lawful processing realms[transaction processing, payment, taxes, or other state mandated activities]?

Are moderators employees of the company that accept the payments, ie. greg martin enterprise? If not that's a breech of law for sure.
Internet lawyers are fun, but mostly wrong. I say that as someone who has spent... probably about $50k+? on legal advice over the last 10 years for matters both personal and related to companies I've worked for.

Effectively we're a private company. I could put up a terms and conditions that says we'll use your data in whatever way we so see fit, and make you all agree to it too. And that's about the end of that.

And if you don't like that, your option is to... not use the service. That's it. You can call the Police but they won't do shit, it's a private civil matter. You'll need to hire lawyers and sue us. And so far, everyone who's tried to go down the path of taking the Codex offline that way has stopped at that point. Funnily enough it's not worth spending what would amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars to take a hobbyist internet site to court over some bullshit that happened on the internet.

Oh, and if you do choose to go down that path, we'll need your full name, address, and all your contact information so that we can respond appropriately. And court documents are public documents (remember how we got a hold of Chris Avellone's court case? And how that's a civil matter? And how there's that discussion about where Chris lives and why he sued where he did? Fun innit?).

I'm certain Infinitron had no intention of "doxxing" anyone.
image.png

How am I supposed to interpret this here then? Is Infinitron just being a swell and friendly guy and reminding us that he has access to this kind of information?

Depends, are you on a forum where you talk only about harmless games or not
This is straight up psychopathic.

tenor.gif
pretty sure you can go to prison in your country merely for posting on a neonazi website regardless of how much of a cuck you personally are

Good then that I'm on a gaming forum
So you'd have no issue with say, a moderator taking your public information and giving it to someone who may use said information in reporting you to your government?
Because you'd be totally okay with them reviewing the codex and determining whether you are a right-wing extremist threat, right?
Public information. No-one can stop them. The point isn't about whether you'd be comfortable with it, it's what can be done about it. With public information? Nothing can be done about it. It'd be the same as someone registering on the Codex, using a script to download all your posts, and sending that to the Government. Or Antifa. We can't stop that. And there's nothing illegal about it. You made your posts publicly to be shared. That someone has tried to use them against you is their choice. Your option is to sue them in civil court.

What we can control is what happens on the Codex. And there's a really blunt rule here: We're in charge. If I or one of the moderators or administrators with the power to do so, orders you to stop doing something or we'll ban you, then that's entirely within our right. You have no legal recourse. I made that pretty clear in the rules under the "this is our house" rule.

Probably a decent idea to brush up on bitcoins if you want to continue receiving donations after mods openly threatening people who use donation systems with their personal information attached.
If you can't handle credit card information on the internet, like adults do everyday, I sure hope you've never bought anything from Amazon.com and also aren't on Facebook (Fun Fact™ Even if you aren't on Facebook, Facebook probably knows about you and who all your friends are).

On a related note, despite what some users here apparently believe, we're not some illegal underground website that's going to go out of its way and risk itself if you're doing the wrong thing. Just because we have fairly lax moderation rules compared to some of those Nazi web forums out there doesn't mean we're going to bend over backwards to protect you because you did some dumb shit.

I'm not fucking taking on your Government on your behalf, and at our expense. We're a fucking RPG website. You use the service at your own risk. If you're not comfortable with that risk: click here. And if you're genuinely concerned about what you've posted here because of that, then you really need to reconsider whether you should be posting here.

and this after he deliberately antagonized me for weeks with no response on my end
You should have called me and the rest bigoted human skidmarks or whatever other insult you can come up with and be done with it. Works for everyone else just fine.

Maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't turn every moderation incident into THE ULTIMATE FINAL BATTLE FOR FREE SPEECH AGAINST THE KIKES?
Well, it went from people using your name, which I gather is a fairly common name, (not that I approve of doing so) to you threatening some users with releasing their private banking information and banning the rest.

Do you think the two things are in any way comparable, do you think this is a reasonable response on any level?

What you're saying is that anyone who is willing to support this site better not do so since you'll have them by the balls for all eternity and share what they post here to everyone they know, both privately and professionally, if they anger you or doing so amuses you. And yes, this is a very big threat to freedom of speech.

You trying to play the victim in all of this is frankly disgusting.
The issue here is not access. The issue is use of information. Just because you have information doesn't mean you should use it. I fucked up when I referred to what's his face because he has a really memorable name (for reasons I won't go into). I see all the payment information that comes through and who it comes from. And it all goes to my accountant too, for tax purposes. (We actually need to figure out what country every donation is from, so we can pay the appropriate level of tax - though thankfully PayPal has a report for that now which makes it a bit easier - so Fun Fact™ If you've ever donated, I've had to figure out where you live for tax purposes).

I did that because, you want to use my name because you know it? I'll use yours if I know it (although in this case I should've been more careful). You want to play games with me and my website? I will play games with you. We've had people report us to the CIA, local Police appearing on Admins' door-steps to ask questions about the Codex, countless DDOS attempts, and numerous online butthurt faux legal complaints.

And like I said, if you want to go down the serious path and be all serious like, I will gladly await correspondence from your lawyer.

If you don't like that, we'll happily delete your account. Once again, your option is to not use the service if you don't like the terms and conditions.

We're volunteers, running a website for fun. If you want to be serious, I will put up the most draconian end user terms that make it clear that we will use anything and everything you post in whatever way we so deem fit. And I will make you click "agree" before you register. Smart cookies would realise we already do. Though I doubt any of you have actually read it, just like everything else you've ever clicked agree to.

Everything we do, is because we have a bit of common courtesy. How about we get some fucking common courtesy from the likes of Kalin and Co in return? Especially given the effort we have to go to, to allow you to be an idiot on the internet.

Yes. Oh no, someone looked up someone's personal information and shared it with a select few others. Additionally
"A few others" - and by that you mean literally anyone else that becomes a mod in the future. They can all just go look up the personal information of any user that donated and inform people IRL what they've been posting on the Codex if they so fancy.

"Wanna make fun of that shit game one of the admins like so much? Better not do so, or they'll inform your colleagues at work what you've been posting in the political subforum."
As I said above, if you are genuinely concerned about that as a risk, then you need to seriously re-consider what you're posting on the Codex. It appears a large group of people think this is some kind of haven that will protect them when real shit goes down. That they can attack and abuse not only my website, but myself, and my volunteer staff, and when the Police come knocking asking about those users? Oh sure, we'll protect dick-head McScumBucket who's been shitting on us all day. :roll:

Sure makes it okay, and it's a great motivation for people to donate to the Codex in the future.
If you - or anyone else - doesn't want to donate to the Codex, don't. But if in order to raise funds we have to lock you out of some forums in future, or introduce other paid features, then you don't get to complain.

Imagine a situation when Abram would somehow learn of Kalin's real name - and then would start annoy him with it. "Henrik, are you drunk again? Henrik, kikes stole all your money again? Henrik, go find a job!"

Would Abram be banned then?
Yes. Or rather, if Kalin complained, yes. If Kalin was fine with it, then likely no. The rule we have is pretty clear, if we think it crosses a line or are asked to do so, then we will. But if we think you're being a shitposter about it, we'll probably ban you instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom