Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to Kalin

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
DarkUnderlord Look, here's a thing. You're not in a position of any privilege.
I wish to test that assumption. I have the power to ban people. I will ban you.

I would like you to ban me.

If you can't, then it would appear I have some sort of privilege from my position here that you do not.

So I guess that is a thing.
If you start power tripping, you lose everyone's respect and probably respect for your own self, so it's all balanced out. This is why you haven't been doing it before, or out of decency, but something has motivated you to keep it that way. This arrangement we have worked for years because you were a good person. This may be changing. Personality changes do happen with old age.

You also think you have some power over me due to the ban button? I have spare accounts and VPN. Like you like to say, it's the internet. If I choose to be here, I'll be here no matter what you decide. The fact that you bring it up in a serious discussing (as opposed to jokingly) is kind of disgusting, though, because many people are attached to their accounts. That's malice.

And yes, I can ban you in my own way. I have scripts to not see Crispy's posts and have shared these scripts. He doesn't exist for me and for many people. I elect for you to exist for me, for now.

All your points rebuked. I don't know why you oppose this. This situation is a simple question of: are you a still a decent human being or have you started rotting with age?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Infinitron been distasteful too, but not to such extent to warrant this. Each time i was watching shoutbox kalin was attacking him violently , for weeks, telling him to fuck off , no one wants him , no wants his newsposts, probably hours and hours of insults .. Ok he's biased toward obsidian and shilling, gettting free game keys ,an odd guy never playing anything, still no one here deserves such abuse.

As if he gets shit only from Kalin. He gets shit on all the time despite thanklessly posting news on all of GRPG/GG/GD.
Nobody is forcing him to. People would simply self-regulate and post relevant news themselves.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

If you can't, then it would appear I have some sort of privilege from my position here that you do not.

If you start power tripping, you lose everyone's respect and probably respect for your own self, so it's all balanced out. This is why you haven't been doing it before, or out of decency, but something has motivated you to keep it that way. This arrangement we have worked for years because you were a good person. This may be changing. Personality changes do happen with old age.

You also think you have some power over me due to the ban button? I have spare accounts and VPN. Like you like to say, it's the internet. If I choose to be here, I'll be here no matter what you decide. The fact that you bring it up in a serious discussing (as opposed to jokingly) is kind of disgusting, though, because many people are attached to their accounts. That's malice.

And yes, I can ban you in my own way. I have scripts to not see Crispy's posts and have shared these scripts. He doesn't exist for me and for many people. I elect for you to exist for me, for now.

All your points rebuked. I don't know why you oppose this. This situation is a simple question of: are you a still a decent human being or have you started rotting with age?

The Safe Space Optimizer

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
we already have more than enough information to be able to identify most users on the Codex.
Hmm i got curious mate,can you find me or do i need to improve my sneaky shit?

That said,i did enjoy your two posts,very sober realistic and down to earth. I am surprised by how many naive people are in here. Jokes and shitposting aside,i do respect you do here mate,it is nice heaven for decent RPG talking,shame there is no new RPGs.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Infinitron been distasteful too, but not to such extent to warrant this. Each time i was watching shoutbox kalin was attacking him violently , for weeks, telling him to fuck off , no one wants him , no wants his newsposts, probably hours and hours of insults ..
Wow! What do other people do when that happens I wonder. Maybe use the ignore button and let other mods supervise that particular guy. Or lose your shit and start power tripping? What's the reasonable thing to do here?

Mortmal

Arcane
Infinitron been distasteful too, but not to such extent to warrant this. Each time i was watching shoutbox kalin was attacking him violently , for weeks, telling him to fuck off , no one wants him , no wants his newsposts, probably hours and hours of insults .. Ok he's biased toward obsidian and shilling, gettting free game keys ,an odd guy never playing anything, still no one here deserves such abuse.

As if he gets shit only from Kalin. He gets shit on all the time despite thanklessly posting news on all of GRPG/GG/GD.
Nobody is forcing him to. People would simply self-regulate and post relevant news themselves.
He's subbed to many mailing list, he's bored so when he receives something , he posts it , pretty much like everyone here. Noticed ST proverbius posted alternative newposts too and wasn't receiving much support either,. He link some roguelikes considered by good by most people who enjoy and are interested in those rpg subgenre , hardly a thanks , collect ton of shit ratings...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

By the way, although this sounds like a libertarian pipe dream, it's actually true. With the appropriate upvoting/downvoting mechanisms, this has worked for many websites like reddit. Yes, reddit is horrible. The upvoting/downvoting system is unrelated to reddit's cancer culture. It's a system that works perfectly.

Mortmal

Arcane
Infinitron been distasteful too, but not to such extent to warrant this. Each time i was watching shoutbox kalin was attacking him violently , for weeks, telling him to fuck off , no one wants him , no wants his newsposts, probably hours and hours of insults ..
Wow! What do other people do when that happens I wonder. Maybe use the ignore button and let other mods supervise that particular guy. Or lose your shit and start power tripping? What's the reasonable thing to do here?
When moderating you cant ignore users , you need to check what they are posting else you could be liable for it . Hardly a powertrip none of you would accept 1/100 of it if moderating.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
When moderating you cant ignore users , you need to check what they are posting else you could be liable for it . Hardly a powertrip none of you would accept 1/100 of it if moderating.
The point you're bringing up has been addressed in my original post preemptively, so give it a read some time.

Mortmal

Arcane
The point you're bringing up has been addressed in my original post preemptively, so give it a read some time.
There' very few mods here , and even less if they demote crispy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The power trip of banning a dude for a week. :roll: Dude stop being dishonest, there's nothing we could do to anybody here that you'd support. You're a hostile and transgressive person who likes being around other hostile and transgressive people, just own it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The power trip of banning a dude for a week. :roll: Dude stop being dishonest, there's nothing we could do to anybody here that you'd support. You're a hostile and transgressive person who likes being around other hostile and transgressive people, just own it.
Don't roll your eyes and play the innocent, princess. You have no business banning people the way you did. As an admin, you're here only to protect the website's interests, not your own. As for your own interests as a user, you have the ignore button - use it.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
On a related note, despite what some users here apparently believe, we're not some illegal underground website that's going to go out of its way and risk itself if you're doing the wrong thing. Just because we have fairly lax moderation rules compared to some of those Nazi web forums out there doesn't mean we're going to bend over backwards to protect you because you did some dumb shit.

I'm not fucking taking on your Government on your behalf, and at our expense. We're a fucking RPG website. You use the service at your own risk. If you're not comfortable with that risk: click here. And if you're genuinely concerned about what you've posted here because of that, then you really need to reconsider whether you should be posting here.

So in the extremely unlikely scenario that some Eurofag government gets butthurt about GD, you're going to bend over backwards without a valid local warrant? Or what does this that you wrote actually entail?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The power trip of banning a dude for a week. :roll: Dude stop being dishonest, there's nothing we could do to anybody here that you'd support. You're a hostile and transgressive person who likes being around other hostile and transgressive posters, just own it.
Well actually you people make it worst by not putting the thread on ignore and moving on. By posting your points,you end up inflating the melodrama and getting in pointless discussions and arguments. The best course of action in such dramas is to post a clear,accurate and short message about who got banned for how long and for what reason,then just move on. Clearly you must know that shit and you are just bored and shitpost for the fun of it lol.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If you start power tripping, you lose everyone's respect
Never underestimate my ability to not give a shit about things on the internet.

and probably respect for your own self, so it's all balanced out. This is why you haven't been doing it before, or out of decency, but something has motivated you to keep it that way.
Never underestimate my ability to not give a shit about things on the internet.

Yes that's the same response twice but its relevant for two different reasons. I don't do this for respect. That I get "respect" from people here doesn't mean much to me as I do plenty of other things in my life that I'm much more respected for and far more proud of. This was more about the coding challenge. Which disappeared once it was working. Mostly.

If anything this place survives because I don't really care what shit people post.

You also think you have some power over me due to the ban button?
Yes.

I have spare accounts and VPN.
I know. This is also why I said yes above. Are you really so desperate to post here? Why fight for it if that privilege is taken away? Is posting here really so special to you? Why is that?

Like you like to say, it's the internet. If I choose to be here, I'll be here no matter what you decide. The fact that you bring it up in a serious discussing (as opposed to jokingly) is kind of disgusting, though, because many people are attached to their accounts. That's malice.
Your account is a privilege, not a right. And its a privilege the Codex chooses to grant you. Admittedly its one we grant a lot of people and all you have to do is hit the register button, but this website exists because of me, not you. If you disappear, this website remains. If I disappear... Taluntain's gonna have a really hard time. In 20 years at this I've been the only consistent coder to remain. If you decide to throw a tantrum and leave, the worst you can do is remove your own accounts and all its posts. I can take down the entire rodeo baby.

That's actually pretty sad because my ban stops anyone from seeing your posts, because there won't be any of your posts. Your ban... doesn't really do jack. It's like, "oh hey, I can ignore that person on the internet aren't I a clever boy idadonefiguredthatoutallbylonesomehyuk".

All your points rebuked.
Pretty sure you'll find the jury siding with me on that one, being in the negative on that point.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
On a related note, despite what some users here apparently believe, we're not some illegal underground website that's going to go out of its way and risk itself if you're doing the wrong thing. Just because we have fairly lax moderation rules compared to some of those Nazi web forums out there doesn't mean we're going to bend over backwards to protect you because you did some dumb shit.

I'm not fucking taking on your Government on your behalf, and at our expense. We're a fucking RPG website. You use the service at your own risk. If you're not comfortable with that risk: click here. And if you're genuinely concerned about what you've posted here because of that, then you really need to reconsider whether you should be posting here.

So in the extremely unlikely scenario that some Eurofag government gets butthurt about GD, you're going to bend over backwards without a valid local warrant? Or what does this that you wrote actually entail?
What constitutes a valid local warrant? I assume you're a lawyer well versed in these matters so I look forward to your answer.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

Do you like horses?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
If you start power tripping, you lose everyone's respect

ah shit, imagine that. imagine losing the respect of a bunch of people who use a videogame forum to post about how evolution isn't real, vaccines are poison and skin color is what makes someone a human or not. people who think they have forbidden knowledge and understand how reality REALLY works, not like those sheeple with actual lives and actual jobs and actual families.

yeah DU careful, you don't want to lose the respect of these fine specimen

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom