Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nexus Now Disallowing Creators To Delete Their Mods (Aug 5 Cutoff Date Passed)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Annnd Here We Go..
Modders learn about the basic rpg mechanic of Choice and Consequences. :lol:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10221613-mod-authors-forum-access

AnotherWhineyModder said:
Since you've fulfilled my request to delete all of my mods, I've lost access to the mod author sub-forum.

WhineyModder said:
I have had access to the Mod Authors forum for the better part of the last ten years, or more.... It was granted when I was added as author to Advanced Magecraft for Oblivion. Now, today, that no longer qualifies????

SomeWhineyModder said:
That's exactly what he's saying. Also, you seemingly stop being a mod author for whatever reason, unless you have a permanently published mod with 1000 dls. It's like saying I stop being a Game Designer if I go on vacation, or get sick. I can't help but laugh.

Modders are now getting scrubbed from the private forums for the following reasons:
  • You have mods with over 1000 downloads but have set them to hidden.
  • You have mods with over 1000 downloads but requested they be removed / deleted from Nexus.
  • You were only a "contributor" to a mod - even with over 1000 downloads (AKA mods authors would pile on a buncha no-names onto a mod as "contributors")

My Theory:
The private modder forums are getting clogged up with whining and dissent and when Nexus staff actually went in to investigate who these noisy autists were their access was either based on some 10+ year old mod they made that's been inactive / broken or hidden for years, or was flat out deleted, or they were just tacked onto a mod along with 20 other people but never authored their own mod ever - using all these edge cases to act as their "personal membership card".

dark0ne said:
(.sic)
Not a conspiracy, simply doing spring cleaning on the mod author group to ensure those who are in the group are actually mod authors who meet the criteria for access, which was made more apparent while handling removal requests over the weekend. Nothing more, nothing less.

TL;DR - "Get Fucked"

:positive:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What a load of shit, modders will still find a way to break their mods if they cannot delete them anymore. All that does is make people move away from Nexus and then we are back to the olden days where you had to check 10 different, often abandoned/offline websites to find mods.
worse, mods behind paywalls *yikes*
TrumpDisgusting.png

Perkel

Arcane
Hate newfags mod creators. It used to be normal that you make mod and be happy if anyone actually plays that stuff.

Imho Nexus didn't go far enough. They should do what Sony did with Dreams game and its content creation. Meaning that you can use any other people work in your creation without crediting them. This allows people to effectively create without strings attached.

Getting credits isn't that much different from newfag modder cunts. Those people are just older modder cunts but they are still attention whore cunts just with better looking paint on that crusty cunt.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Annnd Here We Go..
Modders learn about the basic rpg mechanic of Choice and Consequences. :lol:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10221613-mod-authors-forum-access

AnotherWhineyModder said:
Since you've fulfilled my request to delete all of my mods, I've lost access to the mod author sub-forum.

WhineyModder said:
I have had access to the Mod Authors forum for the better part of the last ten years, or more.... It was granted when I was added as author to Advanced Magecraft for Oblivion. Now, today, that no longer qualifies????

SomeWhineyModder said:
That's exactly what he's saying. Also, you seemingly stop being a mod author for whatever reason, unless you have a permanently published mod with 1000 dls. It's like saying I stop being a Game Designer if I go on vacation, or get sick. I can't help but laugh.

Modders are now getting scrubbed from the private forums for the following reasons:
  • You have mods with over 1000 downloads but have set them to hidden.
  • You have mods with over 1000 downloads but requested they be removed / deleted from Nexus.
  • You were only a "contributor" to a mod - even with over 1000 downloads (AKA mods authors would pile on a buncha no-names onto a mod as "contributors")

My Theory:
The private modder forums are getting clogged up with whining and dissent and when Nexus staff actually went in to investigate who these noisy autists were their access was either based on some 10+ year old mod they made that's been inactive / broken or hidden for years, or was flat out deleted, or they were just tacked onto a mod along with 20 other people but never authored their own mod ever - using all these edge cases to act as their "personal membership card".

dark0ne said:
(.sic)
Not a conspiracy, simply doing spring cleaning on the mod author group to ensure those who are in the group are actually mod authors who meet the criteria for access, which was made more apparent while handling removal requests over the weekend. Nothing more, nothing less.

TL;DR - "Get Fucked"

:positive:
Why do I like this so much? :lol:

Tovias

Learned
Glad to see the Nexus can do more than bend the knee for Bethesda with the paid mods shit. Hopefully this ego check on modders will let them be more humble about their place in the gaming community instead of the power tripping narcissist pricks that they have become. Meanwhile, good modders knew from the very beginning that their products were meant for the community and that by nature, anything uploaded on the internet will be up for the public to grab.
The collection thing also sounds good, I have no plans to join the creamium crowd but having modders or community members create collection of compatible mods will save me a lot of clicking and reading.

mogwaimon

Magister
>they have the audacity to claim mods are entitled divas how dare they
>proceeds to write a college thesis on why the general public should bow down and kiss the feet of all modders because they and only they are worthy of respect in the community

there you go, there's a summary of the above post.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There is NO WAY I'm gonna read that entire drivel, I felt nauseated enough by the fourth paragraph and stopped there.

But by the looks of things it lays bare the average modder: Absolute batshit insanity. Denial of facts. Overinflated sense of self while simultaneously lacking all self-awareness. "Modder drama" is a circus show of mental illnesses.

Newsflash, nutcases: Once you release something to the world, be it a book, a song, an image, a game or even just a minute mod for a game, you no longer own it. The world owns it. And the world will do with it as they see fit, copyrights be damned. You're gonna have to learn to live with that. Can't accept that? Then don't release it, whatever it is.

The world does not bend to you. You must learn to bend to the world. You are not that important to change that, and you never will be.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Mods are serious business.

Clangeddin said:
We are not equal, we never were, we will never be, without us, you are nothing, WE made the content you are using, and WE get to decide what we do with it, and if we decide to remove it, then it is removed.

(.sic)

[Lists of Demands to Nexus]

You will ensure that collection curators do NOT get rewarded in any way, shape or form, when said rewards and should always be given exclusively to the mod authors and the mod authors only.

You will ensure this entitled community is respecting us and out work, and out rights over our work, and everything it entails, including the absolute and non-negociable right for us to delete our work and you will always take our side against entitled users.

Okay I read that long as 20 gig rant and hold the fucking phone for a second.
This mentally deranged ward patient is such a hypocrite it's unreal.

WARNING - NSFW:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/21232759?tab=user+files&BH=0

99% of this "artist" works are either conversions, (Him taking other peoples mods and converting them from say Skyrim to Skyrim SE) or fucking presets.
AKA He downloads a custom body pack that supports blend shaping like CBBE, jacks the breast slider up to 200, then releases this as his magnum opus.

His entire library that he deems puts him above us other plebs are just low quality coomer edits of other peoples work.

mogwaimon

Magister
Mods are serious business.

Clangeddin said:
We are not equal, we never were, we will never be, without us, you are nothing, WE made the content you are using, and WE get to decide what we do with it, and if we decide to remove it, then it is removed.

(.sic)

[Lists of Demands to Nexus]

You will ensure that collection curators do NOT get rewarded in any way, shape or form, when said rewards and should always be given exclusively to the mod authors and the mod authors only.

You will ensure this entitled community is respecting us and out work, and out rights over our work, and everything it entails, including the absolute and non-negociable right for us to delete our work and you will always take our side against entitled users.

Okay I read that long as 20 gig rant and hold the fucking phone for a second.
This mentally deranged ward patient is such a hypocrite it's unreal.

WARNING - NSFW:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/21232759?tab=user+files&BH=0

99% of this "artist" works are either conversions, (Him taking other peoples mods and converting them from say Skyrim to Skyrim SE) or fucking presets.
AKA He downloads a custom body pack that supports blend shaping like CBBE, jacks the breast slider up to 200, then releases this as his magnum opus.

His entire library that he deems puts him above us other plebs are just low quality coomer edits of other peoples work.

you're a better man than I am, I got through like three paragraphs, realized just how large the damn thing was, and noped the fuck out. I've got a pretty good tolerance for bullshit but THAT much bullshit is more than most mortals can take.

...still, figures it'd be somethin like that. I can't figure how people get such a big head from that, I used to do something similar back in the day and I don't think I ever got anywhere near this conceited.

Stokowski

Arcane
OK, you lovely armchair Justinians and Hammurabis. Here's a simple thought experiment for you:

Why would an entity that rightfully owns "stuff" not behave in a way consistent with ownership of "stuff"?

Why instead would they behave in a manner in which reveals they do not own "stuff", but wish to have the actual owners acquiesce to giving up ownership?

Bonus points will be awarded for correctly identifying one of the principles at work here that is frequently seen in - of all places - international trademark law. Gold stars may be on offer for correct, in-context use of "author", "owner" and "moral authority".

If you just wish to express your hatred for modders then please feel free to do so. Y'all don't need fallacious arguments for that past-time.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
- Hi, we've created this niche site that offers a service X and in exchange we want Y.

- No way! I want X, but I will never give you Y!

- Then don't use our service.

- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M FREE TO DO WHAT I WANT WITH MY CREATIONS THIS IS A CLEAR AND OBJECTIVE ASSERTION OF THE REALITY OF THE MESS YOU HAVE PUT YOURSELF IN, AND THE VERY REAL AND SERIOUS LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS THAT COULD LEAD MOST OF YOU DIRECTLY IN JAIL FOR SEVERAL YEARS IF YOU PERSIST IN YOUR ENDEAVOR, BECAUSE, EVEN IF I DON'T TAKE ACTION MYSELF, OTHERS WILL DO IT, OTHERS HAVE ALREADY STATED THEIR INTENT TO DO SO, AND THAT'S ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO CAME FORWARD TO STATE THEY WOULD DO SO; I AM NOT MAKING ANY THREAT AGAINST YOU, AGAIN, I AM MERELY STATING WHAT IS SURELY GOING TO HAPPEN IF YOU PERSIST, BECAUSE AGAIN, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, AND AFTER MANY INSTANCES OF YOU GIVING US THE FINGER, THIS COMMUNITY IS BOILING, AND YOU ARE GIVING THEM EXACTLY THE INCENTIVE TO STRIKE BACK, AND WHEN THEY WILL, THERE WILL BE NOTHING LEFT OF YOU OR THIS WEBSITE. YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE, DON'T BE STUPID, DON'T WASTE IT, DON'T DOUBLE DOWN, FOR MYSELF, I WILL TRY TO TAKE CONTACT WITH THE UK AUTHORITIES AND THE LEGAL TEAMS OF THE COMPANIES YOU PRETEND TO SCREW THE CUSTOMERS, LET THEM KNOW YOU INTEND TO MAKE MONEY OF THE WORK THEY GAVE US RIGHTS TO OWN UNDER THE EXPLICIT CONDITION WE DO NOT MAKE MONEY WITH IT, WE'LL SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.

However this thing will end, and I honestly couldn't care less, these are clearly the ramblings of a crazy person.

If you just wish to express your hatred for modders then please feel free to do so. Y'all don't need fallacious arguments for that past-time.
What I don't get is this: if they don't like Nexus' conditions, why can't they just use one of the many other available mods-uploading services?

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
If you just wish to express your hatred for modders then please feel free to do so.

That's what we are doing.. but some retard intern who pushed brooms around in a studio who's an expert of "teh music industry" keeps popping in here with retarded lolyer takes so we get a little side tracked here and there.
Overall though I think it's been a pretty enjoyable experience. I rank this thread 8/10.

Still need Arthmoor response.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What I don't get is this: if they don't like Nexus' conditions, why can't they just use one of the many other available mods-uploading services?

Because the other mod services are too small and don't allow them to have their little ego fits.

No point bitching about the shitty life of a modder if there aren't people to see your whining.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Because the other mod services are too small and don't allow them to have their little ego fits.

No point bitching about the shitty life of a modder if there aren't people to see your whining.

The best part is when they completely deleted all their mods to make a statement and then unironically ask why they were removed from the Nexus Modder forum and lost their flair / badges.

"W-w-wait.. you mean.. I don't get to be special anymore after spazzing out..?? w-w-well that's not fair.."

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It really is an alien mindset to me. I've got a few mods on Nexus that I mostly made for myself and thought others might find useful.

I've never been in the slightest bit concerned if other people take them and mess with them, or upload them to other places.

The only mod I uploaded that wasn't a personal thing was the anti-censorship mod for Pillars, and that was mostly for the lulz to troll the SJWs.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dude, how oblivious can you be? You go around asking people:

Did your contract give them the right to publish an imaginary number of copies in perpetuity? That's the difference, not payment.
And then when they give you an answer:

You just ignore them.

I'm still not even 60% sure that a ToS can actually give a company publication rights (because usually both parties should be able to interrupt the service at any moment, voiding the ToS, but having publication rights in perpetuity would make that impossible) but you're just being incredibly obnoxious without providing even a scrap of evidence to sustain your argument.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Dude, how oblivious can you be? You go around asking people:

Did your contract give them the right to publish an imaginary number of copies in perpetuity? That's the difference, not payment.
And then when they give you an answer:

You just ignore them.

I'm still not even 60% sure that a ToS can actually give a company publication rights (because usually both parties should be able to interrupt the service at any moment, voiding the ToS, but having publication rights in perpetuity would make that impossible) but you're just being incredibly obnoxious without providing even a scrap of evidence to sustain your argument.

I was gonna let you go easy Stokowski and just repeatedly call you a retard over and over.. Cause it's really funny.
But real talk - you did completely pussyfoot out of this argument.

I would of thought after all, a big player in the music industry like you - would easily be able to dismiss all these claims..
Surely you know exactly what articles or references you need to quote or share with us, since you TOTES dealt with this so much and it's totally not just your unhinged opinions pulled out of your ass.. r-r-right?

It really is an alien mindset to me. I've got a few mods on Nexus that I mostly made for myself and thought others might find useful.

I've never been in the slightest bit concerned if other people take them and mess with them, or upload them to other places.

The only mod I uploaded that wasn't a personal thing was the anti-censorship mod for Pillars, and that was mostly for the lulz to troll the SJWs.

I not only allowed people to steal or modify my mods, but was desperately (as a player) hoping they would so I could absorb the by-product of what they made as a player myself.

AKA If I make a level.. or .. introduce some new story hook or something, playing through the thing I made is boring.. I know it inside and out. It's not fun to consume anymore. The goal is always to create something that saves other modders time or sparks something in them to improve it or add onto it so I can enjoy it back again.

This is the essence of what Modding used to and should always be, then it got poisoned by money and the mentally insane.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
There is NO WAY I'm gonna read that entire drivel, I felt nauseated enough by the fourth paragraph and stopped there.

But by the looks of things it lays bare the average modder: Absolute batshit insanity. Denial of facts. Overinflated sense of self while simultaneously lacking all self-awareness. "Modder drama" is a circus show of mental illnesses.

Newsflash, nutcases: Once you release something to the world, be it a book, a song, an image, a game or even just a minute mod for a game, you no longer own it. The world owns it. And the world will do with it as they see fit, copyrights be damned. You're gonna have to learn to live with that. Can't accept that? Then don't release it, whatever it is.

The world does not bend to you. You must learn to bend to the world. You are not that important to change that, and you never will be.

Almost as if...
Modders are scum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom