Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Das. Rite. Purification Mod finished. Was nice with a time-out to be honest, I've been playing Police Quest: SWAT 2 as the terrorists, good old fun but I beat the game now (highly moddable in its own right by the way). Anyhow, need for turn is back. I shamelessly ripped off BD/Thinker/WTP and disabled most of their features. This mod plays through the SMAC in SMAX function. Combat odds are probably fucked up by WTP, but it allows for many nice and juicy starting options. Basic idea: remove stinking SMAX from premises.

Run-down on the overhaul:

Tech tree completely restored to classic SMAC
All SE choices restored to classic SMAC
All SMAX projects removed
Self-Aware Colony restored
Voice of Planet restored to its classic tech at the end of the tree
All SMAX facilities obliterated
Most if not all SMAX abilities thrown in the gas chamber
Farm, Mine, Solar Collector, Sensor Array, Forest and level terrain options are now available from start of game
Remove Fungus restored to 6 turns, mine fields removed
Commerce, fungus resources etc boosts from techs restored to classic SMAC
Resource restrictions are now lifted with tier 1 techs
Turns to corner Global Energy Market lowered to 15
Sea pods moved to land, artifacts turned back on
Unity wreck and borehole cluster removed
Monoliths, fungal rivers and jungle distributed evenly across map
Factions start with 100 energy credits, Morgan gets 300
All factions start with extra formers and colony pods (need to agree on the amount)
Faction placement algorithm should ensure decent space between starting locations
Extra armour has been added using the SMAX slots
Strength on some weapons has been adjusted
Abilities moved to simulate balancing in previous games
Copter and needlejet range boosted (no more fuel cells)
Copters moved forward to Mind/Machine Interface as in classic SMAC

Of course changes can easily be made. I might've also missed something.

Faction dibs IIRC: Hellraiser - Spartans, oldbonebrown - Gaians

I'd like to play the Believers unless anyone else wants them badly.

TROYTRON

Learned
I called dibs on Morgan before.

Starting with 4 pods and 4 formers had decent results in other games I played. Do keep in mind you don't start with more scouts to defend them.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Roger that on Morgan, also yeah, early project balance remains the same more or less though adapted to original tech tree, some latter projects retain their old spots (i.e. Space Elevator is now pushed back). I'll upload the whole thing once everything is ironed out, should let everyone get familiar with the changes before we start to play.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Still waiting on players so you're in! Should start relatively soon assuming everyone is still on board.

Which faction would you like?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Alright bro, wanted them myself but Miriam it is. CI Believers will have to wait until another game. :lol:

I'll take Zakharov or Yang, can't do Lal, too close and I felt dirty the whole time because of his street-shitting grin.

I've not been on top of this because of shit going on but I'll set up group conversation and link you guys the mod tomorrow when I'm sober.

Two more players would be ideal to avoid A.I. tomfoolery and scenario start, we'll see how it goes.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I should've posted when I went into war with Sparta, I started writing but got lost, shame because I had a very fitting song to go with it. I was very surprised that this took hellraiser by surprise as I had spent the whole game mortally afraid of Sparta thinking the invasion was imminent many times. The militaristic propaganda worked better than expected I guess.

At one of the very last turns I broke completely, and just moved around all of my units in complete disarray not knowing what to do. My ally Lal even messaged and asked wtf I was doing, and I had no idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom