Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Knights of the Chalice 2 - Editor & Module Creation

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Lol no I was there on day 1. I had planned out my classes based on kickstarter info. Went to chargen and was like 'huh that's weird I guess all the classes aren't implemented yet'.

Well, everything was there when i first played it last summer (V1.02 or 1.03 by end of july or beginning of august)

Barbarian is going to be revamped though.

Dorateen

Arcane
I posted a new version of Hearkenwold to the Nexus page, this is 1.13.3

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

I was going to wait a bit before updating the file, but I received feedback on some lingering issues. This fixes:

• An oversight in the Ranger/Druid guild adventure. Players about to start this area should grab the new version or else they might miss out on some treasure.
  • Cleaned up the scripting of the farmer side quest near the beginning
  • I understand that inventory space is limited. I made a first pass through the item list to uncheck some items that were quest relevant, making them impossible to drop or sell. Now these can be discarded once they are no longer needed

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Nice, i did all the class quests except for the druid one, thief was done already, leaving fighter and wizard, didn't turn in the fighter one though, he wanted to get his filthy hands on MY +5 swords, this is not happening, and i didn't push further the main quest yet, might just do that sometimes tomorrow.

Dorateen

Arcane
didn't turn in the fighter one though, he wanted to get his filthy hands on MY +5 swords, this is not happening.

Jv1XcGf.jpg

Darth Canoli 's party, making the Knights proud.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Tsss tssss, that's very little of you!
I'm a knight of Asturia alright up until the first point.
I'm not giving my swords, that's final, just try to equip a rogue mantis with 4 light swords and we'll talk about generous and two of the swords they want are light +5 swords, that's either this or he gets two +1 shitty shortswords as a replacement.
As for the last one, i don't have a cleric so the weak and the innocents are out of luck, if they die, they die, i'm not trading my life to save a worthless peasant.

So, i played a little more, started the druid quest and the game crashed eventually while i was exploring the surroundings and trampling greeting the locals.
Seems like it does this when you change maps a lot in a short amount of time, that's at least the third time it happens.

As for the main quest
Who am i supposed to attack once i agreed to help the viceroy?
I went to the vampire house as requested and picked the right line and then i couldn't resist but to confront him (and kill him to get his sword, i'm not using it but it's for my swords collection, really, i had no choice)
I thought it was someone in the citadel west of the city but seems like it's not...
I'm at a loss here or is that part not done yet? (through the eastern city gate?)

Dorateen

Arcane
As for the main quest
Who am i supposed to attack once i agreed to help the viceroy?
I went to the vampire house as requested and picked the right line and then i couldn't resist but to confront him (and kill him to get his sword, i'm not using it but it's for my swords collection, really, i had no choice)
I thought it was someone in the citadel west of the city but seems like it's not...
I'm at a loss here or is that part not done yet? (through the eastern city gate?)

After talking to the Viceroy, go to the tavern in the Thief Quarter. You will meet someone who will tell you where to go next.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Oh well, i'm still in the forest for the druid quest, cleared everything around the starting area but the western part and the mountains up north.
The western area is where the CTD happen, got 2 more, last time i killed the giant crocodiles but this time, it crashed when arriving upon being shot at. (arrow fire much like in every area, except 2 CTD here plus one earlier)

Dorateen

Arcane
The western area is where the CTD happen, got 2 more, last time i killed the giant crocodiles but this time, it crashed when arriving upon being shot at.

The bug is the arrow trap. I had to change it, and upload a new version to the nexus page. There is also a bow merchant on the map to the west EAST, that was missing. It is fixed now.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Forgot to mention, according to my logs, i'm 38 hours in.
Not sure how much content is left in the main quest, that's way longer than the 20h i've read on KotC 2 main forum.

I didn't count cokatrix induced reloads, so even if i didn't rush it, i don't think you can do it in less than 30 hours without missing content.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So, i've clocked 39 hours.
Druid quest done (didn't get the offering, maybe a gem i sold of a flower i didn't pick) and i've taken the tower, two good fights, one in each quests but at level 9 with +5 weapons and the new classes, it's quite easy.

I get why pierre gives mirror image to every mage past chapter 2, they don't stand a chance.

I got back to the citadel to talk to the NPC before reporting back to the castle and i couldn't accept the citadel's NPC quest and then he disappeared.
Did i do something wrong? Is it the end of the game?

Because i can't enter skardale anymore and i really want to take on that army all by myself.

Dorateen

Arcane
So, i've clocked 39 hours.

I got back to the citadel to talk to the NPC before reporting back to the castle and i couldn't accept the citadel's NPC quest and then he disappeared.
Did i do something wrong? Is it the end of the game?

Because i can't enter skardale anymore and i really want to take on that army all by myself.

I think you have it right.

Returning to the citadel the party can only tell the NPC that they are not interested in the civil war. It's a suicide mission. From there, you just have to speak to the commander in the starting castle, which will advance story as far as it goes. The only other thing for players at that point is the class quests or any other content they missed. I think you did everything your party can for now.

I am working on the continuation of the adventure, in IceBlink first and then I'll copy it over to KotC2. I am anticipating players to be about 8 or 9th level by this point, and designing encounters accordingly.

Dorateen

Arcane
Just some micro-issue maintenance. I posted an updated 1.13.5 to the nexus page:

In addition to the fixes in the elf forest mentioned above, this version includes a change to the conversation of the dwarven cook, the first NPC the party meets. Players will now get the introductory dialogue if they click on him, as well as walking over the trigger. I also cleaned up some scripts in other parts of the module.

These corrections largely stem from the non-linear aspect of the design, and the alternative ways players could approach content.

Dorateen

Arcane
I posted an update to the Nexus page. This is to coincide with the latest version 1.14 for Knights of the Chalice 2

A couple of small adjustments include:

• Added a few more basic weapons to the starting blacksmith chest
  • I used to have traps that would cast Spike Growth when triggered by the party. An engine change made it so terrain affecting spells no longer work outside of combat. So I created an alternative spell for these traps that will now inflict damage on party members and they must save or incur the Limping condition.

Dorateen

Arcane
I received some more helpful feedback and took this opportunity to post an updated Hearkenwold file 1.15 to go along with the latest version of Knights of the Chalice 2.

Fixed a couple of typos and scripts in the module.

Is this save compatible? Or should I just stick to the current version I'm playing?
Yes, you can just copy the module into the folder and it will work with existing saves.

Dorateen

Arcane
Because of the excellent feedback received from recent playthroughs, I am able to make further improvements to Hearkenwold. I updated the module on the Nexus page to version 1.15.1

This includes the following changes:
  • Went through all the quest items and made just about every one droppable.
  • Fixed a couple of encounters that could get buggy if the player revisits them
  • Made an NPC visible on the map, which had been possible for players to miss
  • Added an extra interaction to an NPC side-quest
  • Xemne's wild berries can now be returned to her, even after getting the Arcane spellcaster quest.
Finally, I started to tinker with some higher level enemies, giving them tougher resistances and such. It probably won't make much difference yet, I am still contemplating balance and how powerful characters engage with the content.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Hell yeah, everyone owning kotc2 should be playing this, it's a fantastic module.
I will wait for further development on the history to replay, tho I may give it a shot later on to check the improved enemies.

Btw, please spoiler me this: where do I find info about what the current year in the game is?
I needed it to solve the quest
of the restless spirit in the cemetery nut never managed to find it

Dorateen

Arcane
Btw, please spoiler me this: where do I find info about what the current year in the game is?
I needed it to solve the quest
of the restless spirit in the cemetery nut never managed to find it

In the Relmfur Fortress dungeon, there is a desk with a note from the jailor, written in the current year:

This is one of those differences in the engines, in IceBlink, there is a calendar display on the screen. So for KotC2, I added that piece of information in the dungeon.

Mustawd

Does anyone know if there is a way to edit the UI elements of KOTC2? Just curious as I'm not a huge fan of the green colored menus.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
You can enter on the installation folder and mess with the image files, but Pierre mentioned in an email that he's considering some extra UI options for future updates. Maybe you can write to him too to move it up the queue.

Dorateen

Arcane
I have been working in the Knights of the Chalice 2 Module Editor, recreating the latest content from the IceBlink version of Hearkenwold, which was updated earlier this month. These additions are a continuation of the adventure and expansion of the game with new maps to explore.

Players who have already advanced past the events of Skardale, and who have joined at least one of the guilds, will be able to pick up in the middle of the conflict, if they choose.

Here is a view of the council room in the castle:

rvvYIbu.jpg

I'm playing around with the new Map setting that allows the builder to select a fixed time of day, giving a different tint accordingly. The values for colors can be customized as well. It is not a dynamic change, so it more about adding to the atmosphere of a particular location. In the screenshot below, the party arrives by horse at twilight. So I used the Evening setting. I have also experimented with the Night overlay, a deeper shade of blue, in other areas including in dungeons to simulate an appearance of semi-darkness.

sgRRnFB.jpg

And here is a spooky encounter just for Halloween.

pLTW5e8.jpg

Eb4Eq4c.jpg

The updated version of the campaign can be summarized by the following: new wilderness areas, a new cavern dungeon, and an optional arena-like adventure. I will be working mostly on the cavern location, which is comprised of multiple interconnected maps, throughout next month. If I'm able get to everything as planned, I aim to release the module by the end of the year.

Finally, I'd like to mention the new search functionality Pierre included for scripts and images is such a welcome addition. This module has so many files to sort through at this point, and it has made building much easier.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have been working in the Knights of the Chalice 2 Module Editor, recreating the latest content from the IceBlink version of Hearkenwold, which was updated earlier this month. These additions are a continuation of the adventure and expansion of the game with new maps to explore.

Release of the newest KotC2 mod version when? Nexus still says last update was July

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom