Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best games to play while being hangover

jackofshadows

Magister
I used to play solitaire/similiar or some older simple games like Prince of Percia or just very familiar/favorite games like HoMM series etc which can be played on auto-pilot. But now the best game for this unfortunate condition to me is Euro Truck Simulator 2 (or American Truck Simulator, even better with those straight as hell roads). Maybe I should try some even more retarded simulators like farming simulator and whatnot. Any stupid grindy games should be ok as well.

What are yours? Or do you prefer not to play games at all while being hangover or not to consume substances in the first place?

Falksi

Arcane
Columns on the Megadrive. That soundtrack is chilled to fuck, and the gameplay real simple.

Smash Tennis on the SNES. Pong with nobs on.

EA Hockey/NHL 94 on the Megadrive too. Fantastic game, pure brain-dead thrive.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
I'd go for something very comfy that wouldn't require me to concentrate much. Like Quest for Glory, or Monkey Island. Maybe some chill exploration-focused RPG, like Risen.

jackofshadows

Magister
Thanks but I'm fine, think of me as of someone between Charlie from 2,5 man and the Dude from Lebowski.

jackofshadows

Magister
You drink a few Caucasians last night?
Nah it was just some degustation session of the regional beer. But I like White Russian a lot by the way. I had no idea until your post that some distinct it like "Caucasian" (with coffee liqueur) and "pure" version as just cream + vodka (seems kinda crazy to me even if it makes total sense naming wise). I usually go with classic 1/3 cream, 1/3 vodka, 1/3 coffee liquer - superb stuff.

jackofshadows

Magister
Play something more zen like Golftopia or a city builder, if that's your thing.
I often fire up Banished with the Colonial Charter mod. It's pretty chill.
Haven't played Golftopia and I like city builders, Banished in particular but anything that requires any amount of planning can instantly fuck off. Playing city builders "normally" is one thing but personally I like to plan a lot in them, as much as possible even so that's hardly an option.

Anyhow, I'm not hangover anymore so rather treat this from now on (or untill my next time if you please) as some kind of general list of chill if not brain dead but still somewhat good games. I'll add The Long Dark to this although not on the highest difficulty for sure, maybe even without agressive wildlife at all.

One of the very worst hangovers I ever had I ordered a big quattro formaggi pizza and played dark souls 1 deep into the night. Good times.

I could see Dark Souls 1 being great for that, it's the kind of game that's not necessarily the easiest to get into because of the constant deaths, but once you get into a certain groove (which being hungover and late at night would help), it can get real Zen like.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Minesweeper. Keep your audio on, the fear of hitting a mine will motivate you to do better.

jackofshadows

Magister
idk why, but on hangover usually i am horny as fuck and fuck multiple times a day
Influx of endorphine is nice and all but if you're serious - take it easy next time, lack of electrolytes is tough for the heart as is don't risk too much.

deama

Prophet
I once played need for speed most wanted (2005) when I had a hangover, was fun I remember, but I used to play that regularly so it didn't require much concentration and was easy to get into the flow.
I was thinking ace combat 7 would be interesting, too vomit inducing maybe? Who knows.
Maybe you could get something out of getting drunk in Kingdom Come deliverance and playing as a drunk bastard with a hangover in real life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom