Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong - narrative RPG from The Council devs - now on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
reminds me of some telltale game

yes.png
If you haven't played The Council, you won't get what this game is supposed to be. Basically smarter Telltale with skill checks and resource management.

Will the writing suddenly turn bad? We'll see...

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Sorry Codex, for the first trailer they went with the protagonist whose haircut you won't like:

They call her a seer, prophet, or harbinger. But Leysha is far more than the titles bestowed upon her. Caught in the middle of a web of complex relationships spinning around her, she wants nothing more than to protect her daughter, no matter the cost.

Swept up in the whirlwind of events following an attack on Boston's Vampiric Society, Leysha is one of the 3 main characters whose actions will define the fate of Boston in Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Maybe it's a just the cinematic choice, but something about this art style makes the characters look really unappealing. In case of the Council I'd attribute it more to models not striving for realism and instead going for exaggerated look on purpose. Swansong just looks... off-puttingly uncanny, I guess.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Yeah I think the Council devs needed another game to level up their tech before tackling something like this properly. Still have some hope for it though

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry Codex, for the first trailer they went with the protagonist whose haircut you won't like.
It's not the haircut I mind, it's this:

Vampire: Swansong is a riveting, darkly complex tale about a woman's transformation into something no longer human. Upon gaining the great powers of the supernatural, she can now indulge her lusts and hungers without guilt or fear of punishment, if only she can keep her secret from the light. But what does it mean to give oneself over to one's greatest temptations? To think of those around you, whom you once respected and even loved, as mere food, toys, or pets at best? Is there a road back to warmth and humanity, or must such narcissism ultimately lead to one's destruction?

Vampire: Swansong. You are Mommy! Somewhere, your baby is crying! Mommy find baby, make better! Relatable!

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe the girl is not even her daughter but just some random thing she imagined, you don't know with Malks, I'd expect some sort of twist.
Could be. Probably, actually, if the writing in The Council is anything to go by. Still pisses me off that the marketing is tilting towards summer movie levels of emotional denominator.
One woman! Who will do anything to reunite with her daughter!
"All I want is my little girl!"
2022! Swansong! Mommy's home!

J1M

Arcane
Vampire: Swansong. You are Mommy! Somewhere, your baby is crying! Mommy find baby, make better! Relatable!

Maybe the girl is not even her daughter but just some random thing she imagined, you don't know with Malks, I'd expect some sort of twist.
She is older than the game leads on and her daughter will be old when she finds out she is her own daughter, 10/10 the schindler's list of our time.
-kotaku

Vincente

Arbiter

She is older than the game leads on and her daughter will be old when she finds out she is her own daughter, 10/10 the schindler's list of our time.
-kotaku
I know youre punching at Fallout 4, but I was thinking something like ''There is no daughter, her daughter is actually herself when she was younger'', kind of like Therese and Jeanette.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
I'm very into The Council's diaglogue choices but suck at puzzles (and reading the solutions online isn't fun for me). Does anyone know will this game be puzzles-centric like The Council?

Zombra

Patron
I'm very into The Council's diaglogue choices but suck at puzzles (and reading the solutions online isn't fun for me). Does anyone know will this game be puzzles-centric like The Council?
Unknown, but I hope so. Good dialogue is a treasure to be sure, but a real intellectual challenge, demanding not just pattern recognition but actual reading comprehension and critical thinking, is a pearl without price. I demand more from this than well-written dialogue trees.

J1M

Arcane

-kotaku
I know youre punching at Fallout 4, but I was thinking something like ''There is no daughter, her daughter is actually herself when she was younger'', kind of like Therese and Jeanette.
There's a Fallout 3?

Delterius

Arcane

-kotaku
There's a Fallout 3?
there's been like 76 fallouts already

Leorgrium

Educated

Power, wealth, immortality, at one point or another, Galeb has had it all. He's traveled the world, amassed a fortune, and established himself as one of the oldest and most feared Vampires in the city of Boston. And yet, he's left wanting, grasping for something he's lost. Or perhaps something that was never there to begin with.

Galeb is one of the 3 playable characters whose intertwined stories will decide the fate of Boston in Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, coming in 2022 to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, and Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's some actual gameplay at the end. Yep, it's like The Council. Coming February 2022.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Murk

Arcane
Is new world of darkness more... uhh comic book looking? It seems less gritty in its edgy-darkness.

Not a fan of the look/vibe so far, but without any decent gameplay to reference hard to read anything into it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom