Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best and Worst armor design in RPGs. -- Please use spoiler tags for large images or strings of them

Sinatar

Arbiter
Worst: The stupidly huge shoulder pads era that WoW started. Jesus fuck that shit looks rancid.

vazha

Arcane
Siege of Avalon - Released Eons ago, and is still unsurpassed in this department. Honorable mentions: Inquisitor, Mount & Blade: PoP mod, KCD, Exanima.

Codex Year of the Donut
Flagnarmor.gif

Aemar

Arcane
Worst: The witcher(1)
The only game of this kind where I used the same "armour" throughout the entire game without bothering to switch to an upgraded version. Not that there were many other options though.

mondblut

Arcane
3IQiw71.png

uxaiGUE.png

Imagine actually wearing this shit on top on your head. Or on your shoulders at middle bottom. These people are truly retarded.

Other type of armor which I hate with passion is chainmail bikini. Feminists say that it is made to appeal to "male gaze", to "male power fantasy" and other BS like that. There is nothing wrong with appealing to male sexual desires. The problem is that bikini armor is not a "efficient" way to do that. Give me a naked succucbus pet like on Age of Conan. Give me a servant like Heather Poe from VtMB, allow me to own a brothel like on fable. That is much better than seeing a half naked woman getting hurt in the battlefield.

I changed my stance on chainmail bikini once feminazis began to complain. And half-naked women getting hurt is always a bonus.

Sykar

Arcane
WoW ruined armor design.

Giant fuckhueg pauldrons everywhere.
17318-class-armor-sets-highlights-all-gear-sets-in-classic-wow-for-every-class-tier.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Ugly as fuck!

I do like chainmail bikinis and other sexy armors though. What can I say, they're hot! Especially when combined with cute sandals that show the toes :M
But for your regular fighter types that aren't amazonian bitches, I like believable and practical armor styles. Stuff that looks like it actually protects you and doesn't have any bullshit parts that just get in the way, like massive pauldrons or other bullshit.

As a game set in the actual middle ages, Kingdom Come Deliverance had great armor:
Kingdom-Come-Deliverance-Jul16-Update.png

5phmj59zdph01-1620x800.jpg

Exanima has great medieval armor too, and it's layered!
A6A3FC7D20C896E8C58E477C843BE342899279D6

Wrath on gnomes is hilarious:
4kazz909nfu31.jpg

Blades making up 50% of the gnome. Bloody helmet balde almost as tall as the gnome. :lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
3IQiw71.png

uxaiGUE.png

Imagine actually wearing this shit on top on your head. Or on your shoulders at middle bottom. These people are truly retarded.

Other type of armor which I hate with passion is chainmail bikini. Feminists say that it is made to appeal to "male gaze", to "male power fantasy" and other BS like that. There is nothing wrong with appealing to male sexual desires. The problem is that bikini armor is not a "efficient" way to do that. Give me a naked succucbus pet like on Age of Conan. Give me a servant like Heather Poe from VtMB, allow me to own a brothel like on fable. That is much better than seeing a half naked woman getting hurt in the battlefield.

I changed my stance on chainmail bikini once feminazis began to complain. And half-naked women getting hurt is always a bonus.

I love skimpy armor too. Simply because it's hot and nice to look at. Any man who doesn't like it is probably a closet fag!

But even then, I prefer "reasonable" skimpy armor to fucking retarded shit. That outfit in the first spoiler is pretty revealing, but it's also prosperian as fuck, as you said. Completely retarded. No sane person would wear this even as a carnival costume.

More Red Sonja, less dumb anime shit!

red_sonja_hero.png

14457458464_6fc9b1c8fc_b.jpg

lf

d82otsh-cfbc51a8-48b6-48bc-aa64-4f3bd9761ea1.jpg

[/quote]

Generic-Giant-Spider

I like my women surface elves in leaf bikini tops and miniskirts and I like my women dark elves in BDSM dominatrix get-up.

And I like them, I like them,

makes big squeezy hands near his chest

With BIG fucking TITS. Y'KNOW?

Reinhardt

Arcane
I remember when i played VtM Redemption i thought teutonic knights armor was really cool.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Dragon's Dogma, in its base game (i.e. not the Dark Arisen expansion) has fairly practical, realistic, well-designed armor and clothing. Further, it has slots for Torso Clothing, Leg Clothing, Torso Armor, Leg Armor, Arm Armor, Head Armor, and Cape, which allows for both matched sets and more creative combinations.

Someone's PC wearing Iron Headgear, Iron Manicae, Iron Lorica, Chainmail Skirt, Gambeson, and Braided Hosen:
Light_iron_armor_set.jpg

Someone's PC wearing a full set of Gryphic armor (Helm, Cloak, Armor, Gauntlets, and Greaves):
Gryphic_Armor_Set.jpg

Someone's PC wearing a Clerical Cap, Knight's Mantle, Grand Surcoat, Navy Leather Gloves, and Fine Over-Knee Boots:
Grand_surcoat_armor_set_-003.jpg

The NPC Ophis wears a Lady's Corset, Striker's Greaves, Assailant's Bracers, Sultry Pareo, Dragon Band, and Alchemickal Cloak:
OPHIS.png

Someone's PC wearing a full Scholar's set (Cape, Coat, Bangle, and Boots) with Circlet, Linen Shirt, and Cotton Hosen:
Scholar%27s_set.jpg

Someone's PC wearing a Cyclops Veil, Feral Cape, Scale Coat, Hard Leather Plate, Scale Armguard, Twisted Leathers, and Scale Greaves:
Barbarian-012.jpg

Similarly, Dragon's Dogma possesses a first-class character creator, relying primarily on a list of options for body parts (not just for the face) rather than on sliders, that can easily create a multitude of distinct-yet-coherent characters and even has a few effects on gameplay via height and weight.

curds

Magister
Dragon Age: Origins has some pretty ugly armour.

Dark Souls 1 and Dragon's Dogma have some of the best.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the creed "A shining knight never had his mettle truly tested." I'm just adding to the collection a bit of Kenshi, which thrives on looking matte and used, but, to me, this is how a warrior looks like in armour.

Samurai.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom