Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
There's A LOT of good stuff here, at least on paper.
What do you consider to be good stuff?
The removal of backstab advantage.
Food no longer heals (neither in or out of combat)
Jumping triggers AoO.
Throwing is now limited by stats rather than 100% guaranteed
etc
etc

I still would like them to completely remove Jump for every class but Thieves and other DEX based classes. I fucking hate this standardization of skills.

Gargaune

Magister
I still would like them to completely remove Jump for every class but Thieves and other DEX based classes. I fucking hate this standardization of skills.
Jumping in 5E is covered by Athletics (Str), Acrobatics (Dex) is for balance and precision stuff.

Athletics
Your Strength (Athletics) check covers difficult situations you encounter while climbing, jumping, or swimming. Examples include the following activities:

• You attempt to climb a sheer or slippery cliff, avoid hazards while scaling a wall, or cling to a surface while something is trying to knock you off.
  • You try to jump an unusually long distance or pull off a stunt midjump.
  • You struggle to swim or stay afloat in treacherous currents, storm-tossed waves, or areas of thick seaweed. Or another creature tries to push or pull you underwater or otherwise interfere with your swimming.

[...]

Acrobatics

Your Dexterity (Acrobatics) check covers your attempt to stay on your feet in a tricky situation, such as when you're trying to run across a sheet of ice, balance on a tightrope, or stay upright on a rocking ship's deck. The DM might also call for a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to see if you can perform acrobatic stunts, including dives, rolls, somersaults, and flips.

Saravan

Savant
Fuck, the custom "hack" to play with a party of six doesn't work anymore and gives a 100% repeatable crash now.

5glhua.jpg

Salvo

Arcane

jackofshadows

Magister
jackofshadows Don't give me that rating, bro. She's a good companion. Though once Cyber Monk makes it in, I'll probably favor the monk more.
Of course she's good but even the mere idea of comparing her to Shadowheart baffles me. Faythe isn't and will never be as fleshed out as SH not to mention sex appeal and romance stuff which at first I thought you implied regarding Faythe, lol.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is this interesting enough to play as it currently is?
There's actually a solid amount of content there for a single act. Way more than DOS2's EA with fort joy.
It took me a few playthroughs to see all the content, I was surprised that I kept finding more each time. And the last time I played it was when the EA first released, so I have no idea what has been added since.

Just a tip BTW
Quite a few things are time sensitive. If you see something that looks like it's important, there's a good chance you might get unwanted results if you leave it alone.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Just a tip BTW
Quite a few things are time sensitive. If you see something that looks like it's important, there's a good chance you might get unwanted results if you leave it alone.
Wait, really? Do you have any examples of this?
I also only played when the EA first released but I don't recall running into any time sensitive quests. I vaguely remember reading something about the goblin invasion of the druid grove, but I didn't go along that path so I can't really comment on it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Just a tip BTW
Wait, really? Do you have any examples of this?
I also only played when the EA first released but I don't recall running into any time sensitive quests. I vaguely remember reading something about the goblin invasion of the druid grove, but I didn't go along that path so I can't really comment on it.
Top of my head:
Sirens in the grove will kill the kid
Lae'zal will get herself free
There's a goblin assassin in the druid grove when you first arrive that will kill at least one NPC if you don't find him and intervene
The burning inn in general
probably a lot more I've forgotten about or am unaware of

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom