Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
View attachment 20030

New autoresolve working great...
That actually seems consistent with my experiences with Autoresolve.
To be fair, I think they only changed UI stuff for the Autoresolve. The logic behind it stayed the same.
The UI doesn't even work right. I lost a unit of chariots when it said I wouldn't.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Seems there are a lot of oversights in the new DLC - How surprising. You can recruit other Beastman LLs but dont get their equipment or the relevant quests.
One of the victory conditions is to kill off the Empire... They really haven't learned a thing when it comes to campaign design.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I had to disable all of my mods (56) just to be able to launch the game after the new DLC. I tried disabling all "outdated" mods and major overhauls but no luck. Had to disable every single one of them. Some of them were just cosmetics but a lot of them really made gameplay better. Anyone else has the same problem??

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
bullshit.jpg

Bullshit.

I had to disable all of my mods (56) just to be able to launch the game after the new DLC. I tried disabling all "outdated" mods and major overhauls but no luck. Had to disable every single one of them. Some of them were just cosmetics but a lot of them really made gameplay better. Anyone else has the same problem??
Obviously mods aren't going to be updated yet. Mods that aren't marked as outdated probably just aren't testing for the version or something.

I don't know what you are expecting. You're only a little bigger than them and they have both more xp levels and better quality imo. Your archers do nothing while their crossbows murder you. They have the settlement which gives a massive advantage. Autoresolve is only supposed to be for fights where you significantly outmatch your opponent.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The bug where units will just stand around instead of chasing fleeing enemies, as if they were on guard mode, seems to be back. Good job CA.

A horse of course

The bug where units will just stand around instead of chasing fleeing enemies, as if they were on guard mode, seems to be back. Good job CA.

Back? I didn't play the last patch so I didn't even know they'd """"fixed"""" it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
View attachment 20030

New autoresolve working great...
To be fair, the normal beastmen units suck ass in real combat as well, so it makes sense they'd have bad results in autoresolve.

Also, Taurox seems to have slightly buggy movement? Feels like the indicator for how much movement you'll get if you switch stances doesn't correlate with reality, re-selecting him can change the movement you have left, etc. Probably it happens due to some combination of the bonus movement from his raid stance, the bonus movement from razing and the automic post-raze movement.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

Yes, it was to be expected. But personally I don't mind checking how vanilla tastes once in a while.

Thorek might have the perfect anti-greentide start pos. I don't know how it will play with the TKs but I chose not to turtle and hurry north to stop Grimgor from painting the map. Lately it's been tiresome to see him always on the first strenght rank, every damn campaign.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The "Grants vision over region" effects are great. So far the Oxyotl campaign feels more involved than the Taurox one.

e: Looking at the other start situations, especially for Thorek, I guaran-fucking-tee you the devs never played the battles at anything past normal. Same shit as with the Rakarth starting battle, completely overtuned.

Last edited:
7un0okS.png

Thorek is pretty gud. Don't even have any special equipment on him other than seed of rebirth. You just stack on +20% weapon strength +25 melee attack, add some constant rune castings and shit dies. You can stack the Rune of Speed if you cast it both normal and overcast for a temporary +48 melee attack. For fighting lords and heroes my runesmith has Helm of Discord. So lord vs lord fights end up with the enemy having like 20 MA/DA and Thorek having ~130 MA and 60 MD and 530 weapon strength. Master Rune of Spite and Rune of Wrath & Ruin takes out mobs pretty well, though Thorek also does that just fine on his own.

Still, fucking hate dwarves for their slow as fuck growth rate. Turn 74, already taken out Grimgore, my original settlement still won't be level 4 for 10 turns. Despite Thorek already being level 34 I'm not wasting red line points on Longbeards when I could have a full Ironbreaker stack. Also sucks that you can't raise your hero caps at all till tier 4, I have 4 stacks that need a lot of bonuses.

Also Grudgeraker on the Engineer is finnicky as fuck. He tries to shoot right at the center of mobs and will be constantly obstructed even if its only Thorek in the middle of it. He also has a small shooting angle so any moving enemy at close range requires him to turn and interrupt his firing animation to face it constantly.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Turn 74, already taken out Grimgore, my original settlement still won't be level 4 for 10 turns
That's pretty standard these days I think. You really have to stack growth/order buildings to get high tier settlements in a reasonable time now. Or confederate them from the ai.

Turn 74, already taken out Grimgore, my original settlement still won't be level 4 for 10 turns
That's pretty standard these days I think. You really have to stack growth/order buildings to get high tier settlements in a reasonable time now. Or confederate them from the ai.
Not for other races. You'd normally get level 4 around turn 40-50 or so.

Unless you are Skaven and just summon a level 4 settlement on turn 1 lmao xD so balanced.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Am I missing something? But what is the point of Ogre mercenaries when you play for beastmen (no upkeep charges) . I mean Ogres are good but not nearly that good for the price they are asking. Also Jesus Christ but Taurox and an entire beastmen system is well OP. Have they even tested it? Playing the Vortex campaign and haven't lost a single battle once yet.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Also Grudgeraker on the Engineer is finnicky as fuck. He tries to shoot right at the center of mobs and will be constantly obstructed even if its only Thorek in the middle of it. He also has a small shooting angle so any moving enemy at close range requires him to turn and interrupt his firing animation to face it constantly.

Ranged heroes or lords (on foot) are too easily obstructed. I only take them for the buffs.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Playing Malus right now on Mortal Empires.
His start is really shit.
>Immediate threat is in Gnoblar county
>Gnoblar County is unpleasant climate
>Gnoblar County also has 3 settlements that have no roads, two of which in forests, meaning it takes ages to get anywhere
>Imrik is also nearby
>Both Eshin and Imrik will declare war on you, meaning that you have to spend the first 60 turns dealing with them
>Very few coastal settlements to raid with your black ark, so hardly any slaves or loot
Feels bad man

Malus is pain. You want to figure out a way to get through the lizards in a minimal amount of time, land on the coastline next to the minor settlement directly south of Eshin's start, then snipe Eshin's starting settlement. Eshin is the biggest threat by far with how fast they spam stacks and how shit it is to get ambushed. If you can decapitate them and then clean them up the rest is pretty chill. But Eshin is hell to fight if they get out of control.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I forgot why I hate VH...

fugg.jpg

As I said, I guarantee you none of the devs play on anything above Hard. Probably not even that.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Malus is pain. You want to figure out a way to get through the lizards in a minimal amount of time, land on the coastline next to the minor settlement directly south of Eshin's start, then snipe Eshin's starting settlement. Eshin is the biggest threat by far with how fast they spam stacks and how shit it is to get ambushed. If you can decapitate them and then clean them up the rest is pretty chill. But Eshin is hell to fight if they get out of control.

Is it harder than Imrik's campaign ? (where you're stuck between Grimgor, Eshin and Malus and with a shit economy)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom