Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official RPG Codex Discord Server Admissions Thread

This is stupid.

There's already the forum and the shoutbox. Decentralizing the Codex is stupid.
People who want a server will make one anyway (there's quite a few), and in these previous cases it led to some terrible admining situations. So maybe you can call it stupid, but creating an official one was still necessary.
This way the problems don't progress beyond retarded users, as it should be :positive:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The discord server is a test for things to come. Expect extreme censorship here too.
I deeply regret shilling for Discord, back when it was CDS. You can't recreate the (old) Codex on that authoritarian piece of spyware, even if you tried. The only sensible solution is terminating any and all connections to that glowing shit and set up a Matrix or XMPP server or whatever before it spills over. If it isn't already too late.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The discord server is a test for things to come. Expect extreme censorship here too.
I deeply regret shilling for Discord, back when it was CDS. You can't recreate the (old) Codex on that authoritarian piece of spyware, even if you tried. The only sensible solution is terminating any and all connections to that glowing shit and set up a Matrix or XMPP server or whatever before it spills over. If it isn't already too late.

IRC über alles.

thesoup

Arcane
Do you use matrix? If so, gib username.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Do you use matrix? If so, gib username.
Nope, Matrix is :d1p:

Executive Summary:

+ "Looks normal" to NPCs
+ E2EE by default
+ Syncs to other devices by default
- Terrible software, bloated as fuck, hard to setup
- Not really decentralized (because of above)
- Metadata. Metadata about everything everywhere :buzz:
- Funded by three letter agencies

XMPP still is the only half-way passable chat protocol.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Trying to sign up for Kotex but I’m old and your directions suck. What am I supposed to post here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom