Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Vincente

Arbiter
Avellone said:
To explain my contract: I worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost 2 and a half years, from 2016 to mid-2018, then my contract came to an end. They didn’t use anything I wrote during that time, which was a number of major characters and side missions...

I wonder if Paradox will use(I don't know if they can or can't) what he wrote when he was contracted to Hardsuit. 2 and a half years worth of writing is nothing to scoff at.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You know what I never got? Why some of these OG devs just don't solodev a RPG on Unity, GMS or even RPGmaker.
T goes down with age, kills courage and motivation. If they did TRT, they would've been able to.

I'm trying tongkat ali for a month. If that works, I'll tell Chris to use it too.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Avellone said:
To explain my contract: I worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost 2 and a half years, from 2016 to mid-2018, then my contract came to an end. They didn’t use anything I wrote during that time, which was a number of major characters and side missions...

I wonder if Paradox will use(I don't know if they can or can't) what he wrote when he was contracted to Hardsuit. 2 and a half years worth of writing is nothing to scoff at.

If it's a decent amount of content I hope that it will see the light of day. Even a sidenote that says "Chris Avellone - contributing writer" still holds weight.

Golden Fall 2.

Okay, okay. I will concede that an art budget over $2 is needed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I figured the Chris/Brian friction was likely height-related. :M 6'4/193 cm half-giant Brian and 5'7/170 cm half-elf Chris.

To explain my contract: I worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost 2 and a half years, from 2016 to mid-2018, then my contract came to an end. They didn’t use anything I wrote during that time, which was a number of major characters and side missions

Avellone was the Larry David-on-SNL of Bloodlines 2. :lol:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Between finally hitting back against the accusations and now kind of plastering over cracks with Mitsoda and some Bloodlines staff and writing a visibility article (err, or "clickbait" article), it looks to me like ol' Chris is prepping for a re-dive into game dev. Maybe trying to get a band together, or joining something mid-sized.

Vincente

Arbiter
Between finally hitting back against the accusations and now kind of plastering over cracks with Mitsoda and some Bloodlines staff and writing a visibility article (err, or "clickbait" article), it looks to me like ol' Chris is prepping for a re-dive into game dev. Maybe trying to get a band together, or joining something mid-sized.

Hey, his Twitter avatar is a vampire now, so...

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You know what I never got? Why some of these OG devs just don't solodev a RPG on Unity, GMS or even RPGmaker.

Stop resting on your laurels or hiring incompetents to do it for you. Seriously, even a 5-hour game with a big name behind it would probably sell really well. I would legit buy a game by Avellone made in RPGmaker with base assets.
I would buy a game writen by MCA and coded/directed by Sawyer. Both of them are really good their job but shit at anything else. All that is left is to find someone that could come up with a good system.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
shots fired

If you’re not familiar with D.I.C.E., you’re not missing much. As one described it, it’s where game executives go to jerk each other off, pretend to facilitate contracts, give awards to themselves, and compliment each other on the hard work the developers at their studios do. The Biz Dev guys go there to feed on these same executives and devour them slowly from within like humanoid parasites from the movie The Bay. It’s all part of the vampiric theme.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom