Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lacuna - A Sci-Fi Noir Adventure

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
grabbed this when it first launched because it was like 45% off on GMG (dunno if it was a price mistake or what so I grabbed it since I liked the demo and had it wishlisted.) but didn't play it right away because I wanted to finish up a couple of other games. Then I read that they were getting a patch ready that has achievements and QOL stuff added based on feedback so I figured I'd wait for that.

Seems like that patch is out now and I've no excuse.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
grabbed this when it first launched because it was like 45% off on GMG (dunno if it was a price mistake or what so I grabbed it since I liked the demo and had it wishlisted.) but didn't play it right away because I wanted to finish up a couple of other games. Then I read that they were getting a patch ready that has achievements and QOL stuff added based on feedback so I figured I'd wait for that.

What's your excuse now?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

What's your excuse now?

za4OKXW.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-16_13-56-42.png
    upload_2021-7-16_13-56-42.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 106

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

What's your excuse now?

View attachment 20063

Good. Some impressions?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
good game to play w/ morning coffee... seemingly lots of different choices but most maybe stem from failing the various "reports" you have to submit.. not sure. Pretty sure I didn't fail any of them because I was very thorough in exploring which gets you some information you need at times... I'll probably play it again in a few months. If you like detective/adventure games it's worth picking up, at least on sale.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
good game to play w/ morning coffee... seemingly lots of different choices but most maybe stem from failing the various "reports" you have to submit.. not sure. Pretty sure I didn't fail any of them because I was very thorough in exploring which gets you some information you need at times... I'll probably play it again in a few months. If you like detective/adventure games it's worth picking up, at least on sale.

I actually finished it but I'm interested in more opinions because I think the game is underrated.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

I actually finished it but I'm interested in more opinions because I think the game is underrated.
95% positive reviews on Steam! It seems very well regarded.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was very pleased with this. You can win 100% the first time around but you really do have to think and pay attention to all the clues. It doesn't have fake difficulty or bullshit nonsense puzzles to stretch out the length of it.

The story is really very good, both the A plot and the B plot. Feels like it was actually written by someone at an intellectual age over 25. The art is really good too.

I hope it succeeds because I'd definitely play another game like this in their star system.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You use the word "faggot" but let's look at your actions. You found the one sentence in the game that could possibly be tied to the culture wars and jumped on that. Definite fag move. Exactly what the left-wing does. And you don't want to fuck brown chicks apparently. Wow. I never met a homo who was half as much of a faggot as you are.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You use the word "faggot" but let's look at your actions. You found the one sentence in the game that could possibly be tied to the culture wars and jumped on that. Definite fag move. Exactly what the left-wing does. And you don't want to fuck brown chicks apparently. Wow. I never met a homo who was half as much of a faggot as you are.

Lamentable comeback, you writhing fruitcake. 'Faggot' existed long before whatever it is you describe as 'culture wars', you zooming retard. 'The left-wing', lol. Can you even function without youtube and reddit dictating your every thought or do you short-circuit when the internet's down?

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm a zoomer now? I had 3000 commie nuclear missiles aimed at me. Yeah, I'm definitely the zoomer in this situation. Fuck you. Don't you ever try to pretend that you're an adult.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm a zoomer now? I had 3000 commie nuclear missiles aimed at me. Yeah, I'm definitely the zoomer in this situation. Fuck you. Don't you ever try to pretend that you're an adult.

I am NINE YEARS OF AGE.
Still function as the PRIME ARCHITECT OF YOUR ANNIHILATION.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Thanks for flagging the degenerate shit, almost impulse bought this.

If by degenerate shit you mean Rean then you are welcome.

Look, I don't care what the rest of you freaks are into and I honestly don't judge you for it but if I had funded a game like this it would have ruined my day.

That line of dialogue stinks but the game is good: it implements C&C in a simple but effective way. Basically it's incline. Not much but definitely incline.

Now, you can enjoy the game or get hanged-up on that detail. The choice is obvious if you are not retarded ... but it's your decision.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Thanks for flagging the degenerate shit, almost impulse bought this.

If by degenerate shit you mean Rean then you are welcome.

Look, I don't care what the rest of you freaks are into and I honestly don't judge you for it but if I had funded a game like this it would have ruined my day.

That line of dialogue stinks but the game is good: it implements C&C in a simple but effective way. Basically it's incline. Not much but definitely incline.

Now, you can enjoy the game or get hanged-up on that detail. The choice is obvious if you are not retarded ... but it's your decision.

The real question is, would I have enjoyed Broken Sword the same way if it emerged that Stobbart was into scat at some point.

For me... no. I guess it takes a retard to send the spaghetti back to the kitchen when there's a turd perched upon the pasta.

Glad to hear you are content to eat around it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom