Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Holy shit, the latest update is a shitshow. Drezen was a nightmare. Absolute bugfest.

Leaked Swarm-That-Walks abilities:
>"da2777d4-0baf-4a1c-a907-db5bfd28bc33": "From now on, you are made of the Swarm. You gain damage reduction of a swarm, immunity to attacks of opportunity. You Strength and Dexterity increasy by 4 plus your swarm size. You gain immunity to most effect affecting a body, such as poison, disease, paralysis and stun.\nAdditionally, while Swarm Form is active, all your attacks deal additional 4 plus swarm size damage and any opponent that attacks you in melee combat is dealt 4 plus swarm size d6 of damage.",
>"bc7cfee8-b630-486a-a43b-5933922e5312": "Eye of the Swarm",
>8a1cc826-e201-4e1d-a6d0-a45062592016": "You become a Host of the Great Swarm, which now lives inside your body. This symbiosis gives you fast healing and additional hit points depending on the size of the swarm.\nTo increase the size of the swarm you need to devour other living beings.",
>"11865b1d-45e8-43b0-9553-0766983a19e4": "Host of the Great Swarm",
>"0d77f384-eabd-41de-8537-05e8cd4a2970": "You gain the ability to make your own clones using the swarm. They have all your abilities, but separate inventory. You can simultaneously have one clone per three point of your swarm size.",
>"33b3533e-80ef-46c1-82e0-37a312cbf1e3": "Swarm Clone",
>"e81841c6-7313-457d-ad30-23de03c10096": "You send a part of your swarm to devour a corpse to increase the size of your swarm.\nThe increase depends on the CR of the devoured corpse. When the amount of eaten enemies hits a threshold, you gain permanently increased bonuses from other Swarm-That-Walks abilities."
>"2a01972b-5f63-4b9c-b68b-0f19d9c837b6": "Devour",
>"c3da0e20-059c-476c-8384-720d8692b3d7": "Your swarm flies out of your body and starts attacking all enemies in 50ft radius. Every round all enemies in the area are dealt 4 plus your swarm size d6 physical damage. If they die while in the area, they are automatically devoured.\nAny ranged or ranged touch attacks against you have a 50% chance to miss.",
>"3ebc3135-ffe8-4698-8b37-7d690fe1c00c": "Swarm Feast",
>"39772499-b1dc-41b3-b68a-dd9f9d5ced45": "You return all of the swarm into your body. You gain DR 5/- plus your swarm size and a bonus to natural armor equal to 4 plus your swarm size.\nThis ability cancels Infest.",
>"64bb36ad-47d0-4683-8972-84b356d75710": "Swarm Form",
>?"4a547fdf-00d5-495f-9c47-8a3ed7acd53f": "You send a part of your swarm to infest an enemy. It makes the target blind and deals 8d8 physical damage each round. This damage increases by 2d8 for each point of your swarm size. If the target dies while under Infest, it's automatically devoured.\nWhen the ability ends (by activating Swarm Form ability), you are healed for the amount of damage you've dealt to the enemy with Infest.\nAdditionally, the target must make a Will saving throw (DC 15 + double mythic rank) or become panicked.\nThis ability cancels Swarm Form.",
>"bafb9147-016c-4e88-8573-63f73ae486a9": "Swarm Infest",
>"6f7ffaee-8565-444c-b852-96fc4cea3817": "",
>"03cc2a03-7a8d-48e7-ba6d-6b3f23a159c4": "You become The Swarm.\nYour Intelligence, Wisdon and Charisma are increased by 4 plus your swarm size, you gain Spell Resistance equal to 25 plus your swarm size, and you gain immunity to most harmful conditions.",

Now we're talking

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean - who of those playing the beta (and Kingmaker for that matter) expect Owlcat Games not to break old working things with new patches? Why are you surprised? Я µ /\/00ß7_ ?!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The previous patches didn’t. All I complained about was putting things in game that weren’t working yet.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
NJClaw aren't you the local IT management guru? How does your team avoid breaking old stuff? Mandatory unit-tests? Automated regression test suite which runs after every night build? Caning developers every Monday?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
NJClaw aren't you the local IT management guru? How does your team avoid breaking old stuff? Mandatory unit-tests? Automated regression test suite which runs after every night build? Caning developers every Monday?
I didn't work in video game development, so at my old job the consequences of "breaking old stuff" wouldn't have been some corrupted savegames but the failure of the Italian banking system (and, trust me, Italian banks know perfectly well how to fail on their own, they don't really need any help). Each patch had an incubation period of 2-3 years, where its effects were tested on duplicates of our clients' systems.

Our company culture regarding tests wasn't exactly the best: most of the time, people would just ignore broken tests and comment something like "yeah, this no longer works, maybe someone should do something about it". And that "someone" usually was me and my team. My job taught me two things: (a) don't work in IT, and (b) if you really want to work in IT, do UI stuff.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Each patch had an incubation period of 2-3 years, where its effects were tested on duplicates of our clients' systems.
Change it to 2-3 months and consider the whole player base (or early adopters) as "duplicates" - and we have Owlcat Games.

It's good to know that some traditional values are still strong.

Desiderius

Patron
Pink Eye

I duplicated the Dog Mount freaking out on Halfling Cav. Sometimes when you enter a new area and/or change party configuration in messes up your formation and/or dismounts your MC even though the Mounted Icon is still there.

This is bad. Put MC and Mount on top of each other in formation interface and unmount then remount and problem is fixed. Feel of the class is very smooth and looks good when working properly.

(1) Dog Trips alot triggering AoOs and gets very tanky due to Challenge giving it scaling Dodge AC then free Mounted Feat at lvl 8. Will eventually be able to Bull Rush things it can't Trip since it gets +4 bonus to that.

(2) 1.5 extra damage per level with Challenge means MC can fight Reduced and still do good damage. Extra +2 AB on Charge makes Cautious Fighter more appealing too.

(3) Halfling CHR bonus sets up for Cornugan/Dazzling/Dreadful/Shatter to land iteratives with each getting the Challenge damage.

(4) Hasty Halfling + high DEX + Improved Initiative help avoid being caught flat-footed after Charge.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
To the fair people playing Kingmaker a lot - could someone guide me, step by step, how to add an animal companion (Druid progression) via Bag of Tricks? I seem to screw something up, and said companion always ends up 2 levels above my character.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
people playing Kingmaker a lot
how to add an animal companion via Bag of Tricks
1. People who are playing Kingmaker usually prefer not to cheat. However, they sometimes spice up the gameplay with CotW and the likes.
2. Here is the title of this thread:Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - now in BETA STAGE 3 - coming September 2nd. I wonder where is the word "Kingmaker" here.
3. On the other hand, your eyes are rusty, so...

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
people playing Kingmaker a lot
how to add an animal companion via Bag of Tricks
1. People who are playing Kingmaker usually prefer not to cheat. However, they sometimes spice up the gameplay with CotW and the likes.
2. Here is the title of this thread:Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - now in BETA STAGE 3 - coming September 2nd. I wonder where is the word "Kingmaker" here.
3. On the other hand, your eyes are rusty, so...

IRL I'm blind. So... after this retarded interjection on your part... any advice from other users would be welcome.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Desiderius

Patron
They put in a place where you meet the Gold Dragon in the last one and it has a Warpriest exclusive robe there (and Warpriest is kind of homeless since it’s spellbook doesn’t merge with Angel) so that’s the only clue so far.

Some people think Warpriest suxxors but it has some play to it, especially in this setting.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Speaking of warpriest... tried giving Camellia levels of that at lvl 2 (I'm waiting for an update to fix all the save issues), and it let me do so, but I was unable to choose any of the spontaneous stuff (maybe because of the amulet hiding her alignment or lack of deity?). Subsequent levels in warpriest continued the trend. Some great improvements in UI/UX but this is a rough update, bug-wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom