Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I think i'll just attune the repair spell. I'm still trying to keep my SM/SL within a certain range because i want to resume PvP after this challenge run. I tried farming the rats but i got bored after half an hour and i'm sure i'm going to need hundreds of those things. Not worth it.

I got about 88 poison moss though so i don't need to attune Caressing Prayer.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Honestly the scariest shit for the no death run is this lmao:

He died twice!

The-Meaning-of-Network-cable-is-unplugged.jpg

???

Doing no-death runs with matchmaking active is asking for shit like that.

Caim

Arcane
An alternative weapon for the no bonfire run is to pick up Santier's Spear. At 20/22 it requires a bit of leveling, but once you exploit its gimmick you will lose a major headache.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, i'm in NG+. Went on a murder spree, killed the ancient dragon and man he was actually a scrub. He had a lot of health but he wasn't much of a fight. I had the hexer set and some other fire resistance stuff but i didn't even go overboard and the fire sweep wasn't too dangerous.

I think i'll take a pause before doing my challenge attempt. This game is so long i got burned out a bit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
An alternative weapon for the no bonfire run is to pick up Santier's Spear. At 20/22 it requires a bit of leveling, but once you exploit its gimmick you will lose a major headache.

I got it and already mentioned it but honetly, with 43 att i get 3 casts on the repair spell and the black crown refills some casting every 2m. I doubt i'll have a problem with durabilty. I also got about 54 repair powders too.

Homward bones are more of a problem. I got like 24 of them and farming them is too difficult. Sure i can buy them but i still want to manage SM for PvP later on. I think i'll attune the Homeward miracle too.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Homward bones are more of a problem. I got like 24 of them and farming them is too difficult. Sure i can buy them but i still want to manage SM for PvP later on. I think i'll attune the Homeward miracle too.
Aren't you in NG+? You should have the Aged Feather in your inventory. I've never tried a no-bonfire run, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I restored my NG save because i forgot to take some shit lmao.

I didn't know you kept the Aged Feather. That saves me a spell slot.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I would have loved to see everyone's faces when the guy who did that animation submited his work lmao.

What the shit i almost died to the Falconers lmao. Fuck you game.

Welcome to DS2 NG+. :shittydog:

Yeah i predict this no death run ain't gonna last long, but i'll definitely do the no bone fire challenge.

I just didn't expected to be gang raped the second i stepped off the platform lul.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
OK, 79 hours later I've finished this.

Not as bad as I initially thought. Some areas are very good. Some are NOT. A lot of reused enemies and stuff. DLCs are better than the base game, "memories" are interesting. Not a great game, but a good one. Fun to play in coop. The end of winter DLC has the most exciting boss intro (with falling into the Chaos).

Curratum

It always boggles my mind when people say "builds". How many times do you play through those games to really do builds that go beyond the biggest archetypes?

I played DS1 once with Sword Guy and once with Halberd Guy.
I played DS2 once with Sword Guy and once with Power-Stance UltraGreatswords Guy.
I played DS3 once with Sword Guy and once with Claymore Guy.

I mean, what builds?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It always boggles my mind when people say "builds". How many times do you play through those games to really do builds that go beyond the biggest archetypes?

I played DS1 once with Sword Guy and once with Halberd Guy.
I played DS2 once with Sword Guy and once with Power-Stance UltraGreatswords Guy.
I played DS3 once with Sword Guy and once with Claymore Guy.

I mean, what builds?

Quality guy, strength guy, dex guy, miracle guy, sorcery guy, pyro guy, and then you can do these at various level points or take them only to 30, 40, or even all the way to 99!

For the truly advanced people, there's the mega power build where you pump everything to 99, but most people aren't pro enough for this.

I mean, if you're going to criticize the game, at least inform yourself first. "Sword guy" pfeh!

Besides stats, DaS1 had various builds that actually determined your whole gameplay. Like Parry guy, Dodge guy, Armor/Shield guy, Zweihander pancaker guy, sorcerer guy, archer, etc.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The playstyle is up to you but the game gives you gear that aids many playstyles, you just have to explore and find them or buy them as some of them appear only in higher NG cycles, which is the case of DkS2. While the game gives you the highest variety of builds it also gives the highest variety of weapons, armors (many with hidden effects and stats), rings, spells, consumables etc. All these or some of them increase the effectiveness of varying playstyles or tactics used.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom