Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Monomyth coming to Kickstarter on July 27th

Look quite nice, but I refuse to spend even a nickel on Kickstarter anymore.

I wish the developers the best of luck with their crowdfunding campaign.

fork

Really looking forward to this. I don't like Unreal Engine, but this appears to be inspired by all the right things, and treated with love. Good luck RatTower!
And thanks for posting the news, Infinitron!

Last edited by a moderator:

RapineDel

Augur
Look quite nice, but I refuse to spend even a nickel on Kickstarter anymore.

I wish the developers the best of luck with their crowdfunding campaign.

I don't know, I did some digging and unless something has changed it suggests this is being made by one person with some help on the art side.

Looks a bit ambitious for a single developer to pull off well but I wish him the best of luck.

VonHoffenHeimer

Educated
in following this I have seen great progress and openly sharing of information by the developer. He seems like a "does what he says he'll do" kind of person. This is exactly the kind of situation and game i've been waiting for. I want to see this thing get made.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Good luck Rat Tower, I'm keeping an eye on it for a possible purchase once released but I don't think I'll be donating to a Kickstarter for it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
After a very long hiatus from supporting games on Kickstarter, I'll back this as well.

RatTower I do worry that, if the quote posted by Infinitron in the news article is the start of your KS pitch, you don't make a very compelling case for why you need funding. It's for better hardware and music? You've already sold those of us who follow the Monomyth thread here at the codex, but I'm thinking of those that are unaware of your game. Your pitch reads like the game is going to come out, and the kickstarter would be a nice thing to have but not required. You may want to re-think how you frame the necessity of the pitch.

I am assuming that your graduate work stipend was "funding" Monomyth, and now that you're finished (congratulations btw!) you need a source of income to cover food and housing. Being upfront about the realities of life will serve you well in the KS I think. I don't intend to tell you how to do it, but I think many people would be sympathetic to the pitch of:

Play the demo and ask yourself- do you want this to come out in 1 year, polished with good art and music assets? The product of devotion and focus? Or in 5 years, with lower production quality and reduced scope because you had to work on it your spare time while you literally paid the bills with a full-time CS job.
The fact that you're offering such a comprehensive demo at the outset is a boon, you should leverage that as much as possible. Ideally get some youtubers to play it and post feedback, that will create the interest that is persuasive to "great in 1 year or OK in 5 years" type pitch.

All this feedback is predicated on this being an honest representation of your situation currently. If not, just ignore.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Did my duty, good luck RatTower ! Also I really like how honest you were about where expenses are going, I hope it serves you well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom