Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Protagonist: EX-1 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: 3Mind Games; The Protagonist: EX-1

The unusual sci-fi-with-martial-arts tactical RPG The Protagonist: EX-1 was released yesterday after a short stint in Early Access. Oddly, that's a day earlier than the launch date that was announced earlier this month. The new version of the game's trailer seems largely identical to the previous one, including the crotchety Temuera Morrison voice acting. Here it is along with the accompanying press release, which was published today:

Experience tactical combat in this intense sci-fi RPG. After a constructive Early Access campaign, 3Mind Games’ The Protagonist: EX-1 has had a full release on Steam, available for £19.49 / €20.99. With a gripping story of survival behind enemy lines, use strategy and unique hand-to-hand combat mechanics to escape your extraterrestrial prison. The fate of Terra is in your hands!

Set in a brewing war between the planet Terra and an invading synthetic alien threat, in The Protagonist EX-1 you play as Angel, a highly trained special agent who is sent into an alien ship with a squad to neutralise an imminent global threat. However, the mission goes drastically awry and Angel awakens alone in the station’s infirmary, without her squad or any memory of what happened. Having to trust an unfamiliar voice to guide her through the alien ship, Angel must fight formidable enemies, navigate the unknown and find the rest of her team; for the survival of humanity back on Terra.

The Protagonist EX-1 combines RPG and turn-based strategy elements with a gripping science fiction story to keep players entertained for hours. Personalise your campaign as you control Angel and the squad, customising their close-combat abilities and navigating through dynamic dialogue trees, where decisions can have drastic consequences! With characters voiced by an impressive cast, including Hollywood actors Temuera Morrison and Tony Todd, delve into a narrative of war, mystery and extra-terrestrial action as you defeat menacing alien foes and control the fate of the world below you.

Key features:
  • Become the Protagonist - immerse yourself in this extraterrestrial tale of intrigue and adventure
  • Solve puzzles, find clues and fight your way through anyone who dares stand between you and your missions as you explore the space station
  • Get creative with combat using the Martial Arts Combat System (M.A.C.S) and the Initiative and Action Points System, you can customise your character’s close-combat abilities and unlock awesome combos.
  • Featuring a dynamic dialogue system where you make decisions and face the consequences
  • Get to know more than 7 playable characters, featuring the voice talents of Temuera Morrison and Tony Todd; fight over 10 types of enemies; battle with 19+ weapon types; and much more!

The Protagonist is available on Steam for $25. Always weird when these obscure games somehow manage to snag celebrity voice acting talent. I wonder if it could possibly be any good.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought the developer dumped this game then completely abandoned ship. It released into Early Access without so much a peep. Then stayed there for months with absolutely no updates or anything. Then all of a sudden it releases with a major update.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-takes one look at the cover-

Ah yes, the super-sophisticated, hyper-tactical future where trigger discipline is so absent, they did away with trigger guards altogether.

header.jpg

ROFL.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They say not enough purple:
b6f5dc1f0920ea1c72d4a16e85d03ff0.jpg

51xI9T7zX3L._SL500_.jpg

Red hair in art but brunette in game and huge man-ape face. Oooh oooh. Scottish guy looks lanky and puny (wokeness). The closer you look, like when cyborg fires the minigun, you can just see how broke the assets look. But damn it to hell that ass ape face of hers.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel®️ Core™️ i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen™️ 3 1200
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB or AMD Radeon™️ R9 270 2GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    • Additional Notes: Performance at minimum requirements is not guaranteed.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel™️ Core i7-3770 or AMD Ryzen™️ 5 1600
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti 8GB or AMD Radeon™️ RX 5600-XT 6GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    • Additional Notes: SSD recommended. This configuration is recommended for 4K resolution.

Is 10 gigs of ass ape face worth it?

Last edited:
I'm still struggling how they arrived on the concept of pugilism with futuristic drones. If you're going to put all of that effort into martial arts, why not have opponents with things like limbs, in a setting where punching and kicking make sense? It could have been like Streets of Rage with Jagged Alliance detailed combat.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I guess they thought they'd be the next Fallout/JA/X-com. If they went Streets of Rage style then it'd probably be Protagonist X-1: Rise of the Robots 2

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is rather weird.

You can only find this game online in few places (beyond a few news articles)... its own homepage, which says nothing.
Some NYX game award site, which I never even heard of and where it won something.
And a Facebook page with about 1000 followers.

There's no community presence whatsoever as far as I can tell.

What little reviews there are seem to be around the 60-80% region, mostly complaining about the bugs and lack of polish. Not sure how many of those are from the early access period, though.

Saduj

Arcane
What little reviews there are seem to be around the 60-80% region, mostly complaining about the bugs and lack of polish. Not sure how many of those are from the early access period, though.

Yeah I noticed on Steam that most of the reviews are EA and tepidly positive.

It looks terrible and I think it is pretty safe to trust my eyes on this one.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmmm....
Ohb6ODT.jpg

NMWwTDH.jpg

But there are worse...
w0AXXb9.jpg

The cuck

GgX9XDO.jpg

the WTF???!!

Every morning Cuck has to wake up to this face and really wonder why he just didn't let the bots kill him.
YAgYn54.jpg

LOOK AT IT!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom