Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Death's Door

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
https://playdeathsdoor.com

https://af.gog.com/game/deaths_door?as=1649904300

I just finished it (11h+) and I think the game is worthy of its own thread despite the fact that it will be short lived.

It's a polished indie Action RPG with gorgeous visuals and tight combat.

57D679E053E49EDC2629EC41A0E7F084E0C42C51

DDF541D98BB48504EA3FA004A8C144D2BA6BCB18

F463827A15085F39314D803EEB40651309E21958

The game is 20 potatoes right now but it's not worth the full price.

However it's definitely worthy of one play-through.

Last edited by a moderator:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
what price is it worth? it looks like a fun action rpg w/ the exploration style of Zelda...

The average game's length is 8 hours therefore a fair price should be between 8 and 10 potatoes.

20 potatoes is a little bit too much but then the game is really polished. No bugs. Fluid combat.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
what price is it worth? it looks like a fun action rpg w/ the exploration style of Zelda...

The average game's length is 8 hours therefore a fair price should be between 8 and 10 potatoes.

20 potatoes is a little bit too much but then the game is really polished. No bugs. Fluid combat.

bro you said in the OP that you played it for 11+ hours, now it's 8 hours/potatoes? EXPOSED!

btw did you do everything in the game or just the main story?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

bro you said in the OP that you played it for 11+ hours, now it's 8 hours/potatoes? EXPOSED!

btw did you do everything in the game or just the main story?

I've wasted 2 hours on the last boss because I was too tired to finish the game in one sitting.

51325848482_e662cb0329_h.jpg

The main story is linear, there are no real sidequests: you can gather some shiny things but that's about it.

But you can waste a lot of time on upgrading your stats. I didn't.

Edit: https://twinfinite.net/2021/07/how-long-deaths-door-takes-beat/

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
For better or worse, this game has direct references to the devs' previous game: Titan Souls.
Also use of "they" as pronouns, which is lame.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
>8 achievements out of 24

I apologize for not caring about that shit.

*Many of them are related to killing the bosses with specific weapons.

how is the replay value? are there like extra difficult side challenges/bosses?

Pretty low. The story is linear. You've seen everything once you finish the game. Think Ori.

For better or worse, this game has direct references to the devs' previous game: Titan Souls.
Also use of "they" as pronouns, which is lame.

The game is simply on another quality level when compared to Titan Souls.

Karhu

Please delete my account.
85dT0LL.png
There is 1 postgame enemy gauntlet and boss but both are really easy.
Decent game but since the developers are SJWs my personal recommendation would be obtaining copy from your favorite peglegged seafarers.

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
Never heard of this before yesterday but after all the glowing reviews gave it a try and made it up till the end of the first major boss. Beautiful graphics and music and decent gameplay - it's basically Zelda with a splash of Dark Souls.

Played it for a couple hours, it's incredibly derivative and way too easy. Forced "indie charm", including peaceful "muh deep meaning" music. Boring as fuck.

fork

[...] with gorgeous visuals [...]

[...] Beautiful graphics [...]

Brain-amputated retards! The graphics are as low effort as it gets. Next thing you're telling me how modern arts or architecture are "gorgeous" and "beautiful", right? Also, my downvoted post above was made before I even knew the devs were SJWs, but I'm not surprised. The "art"-style strongly suggested it.

Fucking faggot industry.

Ash

Arcane
I don't think the art style is objectively bad, the level of detail is middling for instance (which I guess is lower than industry standard), but it is for sure a turn-off for me and I cannot explain exactly why. It also looks like every other modern cartoon-like game. I could put that aside but people are saying it is too easy, zero replayability and so on, then the SJW icing on the shit cake so I consider this an easy pass.

fork

I don't think the art style is objectively bad, the level of detail is middling for instance (which I guess is lower than industry standard), but it is for sure a turn-off for me and I cannot explain exactly why. It also looks like every other modern cartoon-like game. I could put that aside but people are saying it is too easy, zero replayability and so on, then the SJW icing on the shit cake so I consider this an easy pass.

There are no fucking textures!

Jesus, how do people not notice that more and more devs simply skip the texturing process (which is one of the most difficult steps in making a game look good) and try to sell it as "art-style" or "design-decision"? And it's not just indie titles, this trend is present everywhere now, let me mention Ashen and that one tactics game, what's it called.... let me edit it in...* because retards like toro or DemonKing think it's "gorgeous" and " beautiful".

* I'm too incompetent or too drunk to find it now, let the hivemind do it for me: TB tactics, comic style, no textures, black and white, stronk wimin, I think Cyanide, could be wrong though.

Whatever though, this trend is everywhere, because it saves humongous amounts of money, and because people don't seem to notice. But if you're aware of it, you'll soon start to notice it everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
wow the arenas get tight at times, especially at water ledges. p cool game so far tho stat upgrades make all the difference

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom