Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 2042

Unwanted

Rewrite

Latest Doxxer Account
Dumbfuck
If you are white, heterosexual male, than DICE and EA are literally your mortal enemies.
This is not a joke or exaggeration. They are literally waging an open war on your very identity.
If you consooom/spread this garbage, you are a slave. A worthless trash skinbag. You are nothing.
You are tilling their fields and """they""" are spitting in your face.
Death and hatred to them.
I repeat, they are literally your mortal enemies.
Know your enemy, do them justice.

DemonKing

Arcane
I fired up BFV last night and have to admit I had a good time. The VFX and SFX (especially via headphones) and really good and visceral. If you can ignore the occasional scream of a dying woman on the frontlines it's a decent title.

Not so much into modern or future Battlefield games but will probably give BF2042 a shot.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
There was very little "informative" in it.

Eh...
Gameplay are always something you can really only know by playing
Battlefield demos were always more about to inform on the technical side plus a has a sort of sneak peek at level design

In the latter aspect the trailer wasn't very revealing
The map seems like a more modern version of "Gulf of Oman", but in-land rather than by the cost
Now in terms of scale the map seems huge

As for the technical side
Honestly this is the first time I am not impressed by the graphical quality
Although I was very curious with the text that said matches can now support 128 players
Damn that will make for some very chaotic matches, but trailer doesn't show this properly as well
In terms of destruction it also doesn't stand out, but urban maps in BF never were that big on destruction
Although they seem to be bringing back BF4 Levolution
The sandstorm is also something BF4 version of "Golf of Oman" had, but now they added a sand tornado as well

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The one thing I got out of it is that with 128 players that also means twice as many vehicles, so we could see stuff like 3 vs. 3 tank battles more often. That could be interesting.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
TL;DR: 8 minute video of marketing features that have been a staple of the series for more than 10 years now... :M

Although the part about the scale of maps and the way they chaged their level design process was informative
If what this guy said is true, this game's average conquest map is easily double the size of even the largest maps from previous entries

Curratum

Battlefield is arcade, bullet sponge garbage. ARMA and its peers are dull, autistic garbage.

True gentlemen play Rising Storm 2 Vietnam - the gamer's choice of REELIZM shooter.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
True gentlemen play Rising Storm 2 Vietnam - the gamer's choice of REELIZM shooter.

Realism is when you see the guys getting evacuated for hepatitis who look like they're half-dead already. And the officers tell you that they should have washed their hands after they took a shit, but you know that there isn't a sink with running water within a mile of their latrine. And from that day forward you just go to the PX and buy canned food until it's over.

DeepOcean

Arcane
WHERE ARE THE STRONK WOMEN???
rating_rage.gif

Future of gaming will have men and women sharing same make model only you will be able to choose your pronoun.
Also, I noticed the russians are the big baddies again.

With the way the american army soldiers are now using high heels during training and the russians are the big toxic masculinity big baddies, a whole generation of american boys will recieve the subliminal mensage that to be toxic males, they will need to speak russian from now on. It almost seems like a KGB operation to prepare the american citizenship psique to recieve the russians as liberators.:lol:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
WHERE ARE THE STRONK WOMEN???
rating_rage.gif

Future of gaming will have men and women sharing same make model only you will be able to choose your pronoun.

With the way the american army soldiers are now using high heels during training and the russians are the big toxic masculinity big baddies, a whole generation of american boys will recieve the subliminal mensage that to be toxic males, they will need to speak russian from now on. It almost seems like a KGB operation to prepare the american citizenship psique to recieve the russians as liberators.:lol:

What you're talking about? If there's one NATO ballistic projectile, no matter whether it's an AIM-7 or an ICBM, entering Russian airspace, London, Paris, Frankfurt and Brussels will be turned into glass instantly. No questions asked. Putin said so.

American Army soldiers can calmy continue to practice the art of high heels marching. They'll be safe.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

It's possible there's some other teams, such as China or even a EU like in BF2 and 2142

It almost seems like a KGB operation to prepare the american citizenship psique to recieve the russians as liberators.:lol:

While the state of the US Army is hilarious, I still doubt Russians could mount a successful invasion of the US
/pol/ speak aside, the US as country is by itself something any invading force would be hard pressed to control, given the land's extent and diversity of biomes, the large amount of resources available too them, and the fact pacifying such a heavily armed population that could form militia's at any point would be nightmare
Plus the reason why the US Army is in such condition to begin with, is simply because for the last 2 decades the US goverment has been relying more and more on PMC's to do the work
The reasons for this being pretty simple, PMC's are cheaper (you don't have to train the man, you don't have to equip them, you don't have to feed them, you just have to pay the sum total agreed upon their contract) and lastly unlike regular soldiers, the population doesn't get mad at you for sending their sons and fathers to die fighting on some bullshit political/economic war
I mean nobody cries for a fucking merc

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I know that, I just find funny what will happen when the democrats execute order 666:
"Be gay or die."
:lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know about the state of the US army, but Russia's army is a subject of fiction.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
From what I've seen it seems like the EA Battlefield team has no clue what they're doing, they're just imitating stuff that was popular in the past without understanding why it was popular. BF 2042 is likely to be a massive failure that kills the franchise. :negative:

ADL

Prophet
Battlefield Portal is giving me some 007 Nightfire vibes where you'd have different era/themed weapons that would totally change the feel of the match. 2142 equipment versus 1942 equipment on Wake Island sounds really fun.
battlefield-portal-infographic.jpg

It's not mod support or anything but I'll take it.

Battlefield Portal is giving me some 007 Nightfire vibes where you'd have different era/themed weapons that would totally change the feel of the match. 2142 equipment versus 1942 equipment on Wake Island sounds really fun.
battlefield-portal-infographic.jpg

It's not mod support or anything but I'll take it.
These are the same people who though the best idea ever for Battlefront 2's final hero was a disco ball robot and a pallet swap of the disco ball robot. Then they patted themselves on the back for deciding to abandon the game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
ffs
why BF3?
that game's maps were boring, and the few good ones are all from BD2

although the version of "Caspian Border" they shown on the trailer is more similiar to the one from BF4

2142 even though it was the best Battlefield game

meh
It was not the worst BF from the old line (the ones before BD2), but also not the best (that would be 2)

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This seems suspiciously like an excuse to reuse assets from earlier games. I mean even more than they already do.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
I know that, I just find funny what will happen when the democrats execute order 666:
"Be gay or die."
:lol:

Yeah, that US Army ad with the female recruit with two lesbo moms was easily some of the worst, most "woke" propaganda I've ever seen in my life. Making the US look like an utter laughing stock.

Not really into exclusive PvP multiplayer games, but if it gives Acti-Blizz/CoD some much needed competition so much the better.

Gerrard

Arcane
EA is so incompetent they cannot even create a working registration system for an invite only closed playtest.

EA_Arcadia
COMMUNITY MANAGER

Hey Troops,

We know due to the website being flooded with traffic, its having a few technical issues which is causing some of you to have issues submitting your invite response.

First of all - Check to see if its in your history:
Go to the EA Community Playtesting site, go through to your Profile (clicking on your name in the upper right corner of the Community Playtesting Portal), then in their "History" section, if it shows the Battlefield 2042 Technical Playtest with either a "Scheduled, not complete/confirmed" or a "Pending" status, then you're good to go. We received your info for platform and schedule.

What if I don't see the playtest listed in my History section and aren't able to see the playtest under "Available Playtests"
Please reply to the original invitation email and just let us know that your registration crashed, you don't see it under History and need to be reset.

Please remember all information surrounding this playtest is under NDA and not to be shared
Needless to say I will not be emailing them to say their shitty system crashed and didn't register my invite, because I can't be bothered.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom