Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (AKA AoE2 HD HD)

deama

Prophet
I remember playing this over a decade ago and I think there was a cap on how many towers you could have (the ones that shoot), is the cap still present? If so, is there a way or a mod to remove it the cap?

Shrimp

Arbiter
I remember playing this over a decade ago and I think there was a cap on how many towers you could have (the ones that shoot), is the cap still present? If so, is there a way or a mod to remove it the cap?
I don't remember there ever being a cap on towers and I played the disc version of the games when I was a child.
I looked it up on google but all I could find was a guy on the Steam forums complaining about a tower cap on Age of Empires 3. Is it possible that you might have been thinking of that game instead?

deama

Prophet
I don't remember there ever being a cap on towers and I played the disc version of the games when I was a child.
I looked it up on google but all I could find was a guy on the Steam forums complaining about a tower cap on Age of Empires 3. Is it possible that you might have been thinking of that game instead?
Perhaps, it was a very long time ago.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just played aoe2 multiplayer for the first time in like 4-5 years. Dark age is boring "gookclick" so played Empire Wars. Some guy spammed loads of eagles at me in feudal, I was walled though. Decided to go Longswordsmen, walked to his base with 11 of them.
saw 25 eagles and 2 spears running at them, so ran up a hill and patrolled down. Equal upgrades but totallyy demolished the fight. My poor fellow noob resigned there and then.
Screenshot_146.png

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Longswords have a bonus vs Eagles and hill advantage is 25% so no surprise there. Also, were they Eagle Scouts or Eagle Warriors?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
IS this the active aoe2 thread????

LoL as much as the bulgars got raped by that sjw writing,i feel sorry for the poles. I am playing the fucking medieval twilight story buahahahahaha. Storyfag is Jadwiga one of your loved rulers or as irrelevant like the Tzar that was in our campaign ?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
IS this the active aoe2 thread????

LoL as much as the bulgars got raped by that sjw writing,i feel sorry for the poles. I am playing the fucking medieval twilight story buahahahahaha. Storyfag is Jadwiga one of your loved rulers or as irrelevant like the Tzar that was in our campaign ?

Depends on which Jadwiga. One was a chad, but still only worked to support her husband, Ladislaus the Elbow-high in the reunification of Poland. All the others were named after her, and weren't as noteworthy.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Storyfag is Jadwiga one of your loved rulers or as irrelevant like the Tzar that was in our campaign ?
She inherited the kangdom(was raised in Hungary) and got married to a Lithuanian we've ended up calling Władysław Jagiełło(Lithuanians call him Jogaiło? I think). What the game tries to pretend is that it was her idea, which from what I remember isn't really based on any sources at all, and in all likelyhood it was a decision made by nobility and some upper echelons of clergy, especially considering the talks started when she was like 14, and no fucking way would a 14 years old girl who just came to some kingdom she had no personal connections with would come up with a plan to marry a pagan barbarian in his 40's solely because that was in the interest of the state. Soon after the marriage she got pregnant and died in childbirth(together with the kid) and Jagiełło ruled for 20 more years or so. Her only other achievement was reinvigorating university in Krakow iirc.

The campaign may have been told from her perspective(altho she dies mid-way through its timeline) but it should've been named after Jagiełło or alternatively go back to basics and centre the story around some more minor historical character(like some notable knight or something).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
A lot of the campaigns have baffling protagonists. The aforementioned Ivaylo from the Bulgarian campaign is another such case.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Storyfag is Jadwiga one of your loved rulers or as irrelevant like the Tzar that was in our campaign ?
She inherited the kangdom(was raised in Hungary) and got married to a Lithuanian we've ended up calling Władysław Jagiełło(Lithuanians call him Jogaiło? I think). What the game tries to pretend is that it was her idea, which from what I remember isn't really based on any sources at all, and in all likelyhood it was a decision made by nobility and some upper echelons of clergy, especially considering the talks started when she was like 14, and no fucking way would a 14 years old girl who just came to some kingdom she had no personal connections with would come up with a plan to marry a pagan barbarian in his 40's solely because that was in the interest of the state. Soon after the marriage she got pregnant and died in childbirth(together with the kid) and Jagiełło ruled for 20 more years or so. Her only other achievement was reinvigorating university in Krakow iirc.

Good Lord, they picked THIS Jadwiga? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Her grandmother Elisabeth would have been a much better choice for a strong Queen.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A lot of the campaigns have baffling protagonists. The aforementioned Ivaylo from the Bulgarian campaign is another such case.
Yeah,they really go for some insignificant rulers,we have like 10 far better rulers than this peasant cuck lol.

The campaign may have been told from her perspective(altho she dies mid-way through its timeline) but it should've been named after Jagiełło or alternatively go back to basics and centre the story around some more minor historical character(like some notable knight or something).
Sounds like the campaign,tho it seems like she did nothing. Also the writing was terrible,it was literally like fucking twilight. Felt like vomiting. Also remainded with the impression that she was banging the lithuanian duke.

Now i am playing the lithuanian campaign and i like it more.

I noticed that the new races have retarded unique units. Poles are cav civ but their unit is some weird infantry unit that i never used. Also the bohemians have some shitty vagon with guns which is slow and useless because of how big it is.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Good Lord, they picked THIS Jadwiga? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Her grandmother Elisabeth would have been a much better choice for a strong Queen.
Don't worry,they did pick up one of our worst Tzars,he was a peasant fighting for the glory of Marx and ruled like a year or two. I have the feeling that they are picking them because of sjw politics. It is like "oh if i turn all the priests in to purple headed womxn,evil minority toxic fans will get butthurt,that is why i will write them a glorious story about this useless loser." You could just see how bad the lead is in all those dlcs,also mega anti christian,they really hate christians :).

Anyway,cheers.

Last edited:
Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Poles are cav civ but their unit is some weird infantry unit that i never used. Also the bohemians have some shitty vagon with guns which is slow and useless because of how big it is.
Wagons are basically Korean War Wagons but clunkier(yes, you can be more clunky). Poles are very unusual as cav civ tbh.(they've positively surprised me with it) and I suspect you could potentially make some crazy stuff happen with frontline of their UU and crossbow/arbs, and being not particularly gold-intensive, while getting more gold from the map anyway may make this composition viable, as the UU stripping 1/1 armour per hit will make almost every single unit fair game for crossbow/arbs. Honeslty I don't disagree with the premise of these UU's, wagons may actually be useful if you have a castle and have to play against archers with ranged units of your own, just add one or two and maybe the weird bonus(haven't tested much of it) will make it worthwhile, Obuch meanwhile imo. opens an alternative composition for poles(instead of going knight/scout line with some siege or whatever). Compare that to let's say Longbows, which are basically more of the same and switching to longbows from crossbows = no difference in how Britons are played or Shotel warriors which have only one or two roles(mostly killing eagles).

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I noticed that the new races have retarded unique units. Poles are cav civ but their unit is some weird infantry unit that i never used. Also the bohemians have some shitty vagon with guns which is slow and useless because of how big it is.

Incorrect, The Hussite Wagon is insanely overpowered in multiplayer right now. They are only countered by Mangonels, so you can just mass them, and use your Block Printing Monks to convert the Mangonels.

Bohemians are quite OP atm, suspect they'll be nerfed in the next patch.

Cunt Dickula!?

They have 0 melee armor. Why not just counter them with knights?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The Castle Age Hussite Wagon have 200HP and take no bonus damage from any melee unit, so it would take a regular knight with no upgrades 20 hits to kill one, which is a lot for melee in AoE2. The Hussite Wagon doesn't require any upgrades either (except Siege Engineers in Imp) whereas the Knight guy needs to get the armor and attack upgrades as well.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Incorrect, The Hussite Wagon is insanely overpowered in multiplayer right now. They are only countered by Mangonels, so you can just mass them, and use your Block Printing Monks to convert the Mangonels.

Bohemians are quite OP atm, suspect they'll be nerfed in the next patch.
Didn't say that they are week,just retarded. I personally hate bulky units. I end up using only the lithuanian's unique unit because it was fun and fit the game. With poles i just spammed winged hussars and archers lol,never even made a single unique unit. They felt too much out of place. They do have one very hard missions,where you have to conquer enemy towns by blowing their castles. The hard part is the multi tasking that the enemy could do with its endless unit spam.

Cunt Dickula!?

Well you are playing team arena. Could be that they are overpowered in closed maps where you get to Imp without hazzle but on the other hand thats like 2000 wood right there and your enemy has too few of the wrong units.
Dunno if they are really stronger than other death balls like koreans (war wagon, siege onager, halb) or khmer (elephant, scorp).
These civs are created to be stronger in Imp so i doubt that bohemians are overpowered in Arabia atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom