Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

sigard

Not Excidium

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
One shop in Kenshi sells better weapons than you can craft. But the best unique weapons must be taken from factions bosses. Also has one armor shop that sells top tier stuff but it seems to have been nerfed a bit. The shop inventories are randomized so there is no guarantee you will find what you are looking for on any single visit.

Humanophage

Arcane
All IE games seem to have pretty nice items in shops, including "shops" which are just dialogues (e.g., Vrischka's Curiosity Shoppe).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Are there any crpg's in which you can buy good stuff from ingame shops / vendors?
By good stuff i mean good/powerful weapons/armors/magic items(rings,amulets) etc.
In most games you can get good stuff only from monsters/exploration or crafting but nothing good from shops.
Getting things from shop is "I have money throw great items at me without effort". Most RPGs would be quite bad with this approach.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Are there any crpg's in which you can buy good stuff from ingame shops / vendors?

amaz.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane
AoD, Underrail, PF:Kingmaker, PF:WotR, PoE, PoE2, IE games...

Honestly would be easier to list the games with only shit buyable loot. Probably Beth games.

Beans00

Augur
Baldurs gate 1-2, fallout 1-2.

Recently I played wasteland 2 and got some good guns from shops but not all.

Atchodas

Augur
Yeah unironically this. Deadfire had a lot of problems, but it’s itemization was not one of them.

Lets not forget that first pillars game had Codex shop where VD was selling some decent stuff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom