Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Mutant is so cool but I can't fit it into any builds

tenor.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm generally very underwhelmed by this game's SP-spenders given how cool the rest of the game is, but Heixing's Zone of Death-thing is all I ever want to spend my life doing

distant

Learned
Thanks for the recs but I'm burnt out on fantasy. Saved them on the wishlist for later. Anything with guns? Tanks? Sci-fi shit?

Codex Year of the Donut
Thanks for the recs but I'm burnt out on fantasy. Saved them on the wishlist for later. Anything with guns? Tanks? Sci-fi shit?
What kind of game are you looking for specifically?
Phoenix Point is decent after all the updates/DLC if you like nu-XCOM as it's better than them in pretty much every area. It's more of a tacticool game.
Wasteland 2 & 3, ATOM RPG, and Underrail are all decent sci-fi post-apoc turn-based RPGs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I enjoyed Chimera Squad well enough, but it's not as good as those three games. Frozen Synapse is an interesting tactical experience though ultimately wasn't for me. I loved the systems of Dead Space and it has a very similar feeling to Troubleshooter in terms of scope, companion and base management + tactical combat, but I ultimately got extremely annoyed at the blatant lack of polish.

The Banner Saga is fantasy but not in the traditional sense and I enjoyed that a lot.

I haven't played Phoenix Point yet because I'm waiting for the game to be feature complete.

Codex Year of the Donut
I haven't played Phoenix Point yet because I'm waiting for the game to be feature complete.
Not sure how many new features they'll actually be adding at this point beyond content DLC. I'd suggest disabling the newest DLC(Festering Skies) when starting a game though, it's... not very good.
Has a ton more content(enemies, maps, etc.,) than it did at launch.

distant

Learned
What kind of game are you looking for specifically?
Phoenix Point is decent after all the updates/DLC if you like nu-XCOM as it's better than them in pretty much every area. It's more of a tacticool game.
Wasteland 2 & 3, ATOM RPG, and Underrail are all decent sci-fi post-apoc turn-based RPGs.

Doesn't have to be an RPG (pretty sure I've played most of them). Anything strategic. Even an RTS (Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes). Loved Underrail, liked W3 and Atom. W2 I'm a bit cold on but willing to fork out if it's worth it.

distant

Learned
I enjoyed Chimera Squad well enough, but it's not as good as those three games. Frozen Synapse is an interesting tactical experience though ultimately wasn't for me. I loved the systems of Dead Space and it has a very similar feeling to Troubleshooter in terms of scope, companion and base management + tactical combat, but I ultimately got extremely annoyed at the blatant lack of polish.

The Banner Saga is fantasy but not in the traditional sense and I enjoyed that a lot.

Nice might have to take a look at Chimera Squad (someone told me it was pretty generic but could be worth a blast if bored). Dead Space was awesome but it's a pretty big leap from Troubleshooter.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm generally very underwhelmed by this game's SP-spenders given how cool the rest of the game is, but Heixing's Zone of Death-thing is all I ever want to spend my life doing

You mean in how flashy they are or in their effectiveness?
Because if the latter, some are quite broken...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Hmm, maybe a shame I didn't use ranger Heixing. I liked him spam his huge aoe cone move. But his Overcharges were pretty underwhelming as a Sweeper.
And of course, he's probably much better defensively as a ranger with Revenge Shot and such.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Good for you!

Keep him that way. It just might come in handy late game. There was one violent mission I wished I thought him ranger-tricks. But couldn't be arsed to at that point.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Holy shit 31 Starlight junction taking down all bosses AND doing two rescue quests was intense :shredder:

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
How do I get Irene´s mastery from the "Scent of the Past" scenario? Luna basically one shots or two shots her every single time before I can do anything and I gain nothing. The mission afterwards is boring now since I have replayed it so much. Does not even matter which difficulty.

Ok for some reason I do get them but I see no notification of obtaining them. So it does not matter whether you win or lose...

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Now I suddenly have no more scenarios to play after "Harvest as much as was sown" in act 4.
Basically after Albus comes back from hospital. Do I need a certain level to get the next one?

Zumbabul

Savant
Now I suddenly have no more scenarios to play after "Harvest as much as was sown" in act 4.
Basically after Albus comes back from hospital. Do I need a certain level to get the next one?

Go to the menu, and then back to Silverling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom