Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Happy Game - psychedelic horror adventure from Amanita

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://amanita-design.net/games/happy.html

https://af.gog.com/game/happy_game?as=1649904300

These guys don't rest on their laurels.

A little boy falls asleep to a horrible nightmare. Can you make him happy again?

- Brand new psychedelic horror adventure from the creators of Botanicula and CHUCHEL
- Endure and escape three unforgettable nightmares
- Solve deeply disturbing puzzles in (not so) charming environments
- Deal with suspicious smiley faces and pink bunnies
- Creepy songs and screeches from the Czech freakfolk band DVA

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1206060/view/4975895695809754818

Happy Game is releasing on Steam this fall
Happy Game is being delayed :(

If you were watching the Future Games Show at E3, you already know the news - =Happy Game is launching on Windows, macOS, and Nintendo Switch this fall. Watch the new trailer featuring unseen footage and music by DVA below:

Unfortunately, we were unable to make it happen in spring as we initially announced, but in order to deliver the best possible Happy Game, we’re going to need these extra few months to add some more blood and fine-tune the screeches. Then again, Happy Game feels just like the right game to accompany you during the rainy days of grey autumn, and we hope you won’t mind the extra waiting too much.

With this off the table, you can now look forward to more Happy content here on Steam and our socials, as we’ll be getting closer to the new release window. We will specify the day and time of release as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience!

Ivan

Arcane
digging the music. while I prefer the more puzzly games (recently loved Creaks), these point and click dioramas are nice too.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Ok, we get it. It's that cute-creepy style that was already outdated 5 years ago and looks nothing like Amanita's stuff, there's no need to post dozen 10s long videos.

Ivan

Arcane
:1/5:
Happy Game is another Amanita game in the style of Botanicula and Chuchel, where it's less of a point-and-click adventure game and more of a series of vignettes you move through and try to find the interactive objects. Happy Game is the weakest of the 3 thus far, in that it mainly serves to provide spooky/macabre visuals, but that wears thin quite quickly. Of course, these games can give way to frustration, especially when you don't get what the designers intended for you to click on. Also, this type of gameplay has much less pulling power, and I often found myself wanted to take breaks as I was left quite bored after my sessions with it. In sum, this is the first Amanita game I wouldn't recommend and can say you wouldn't be missing out on much at all by skipping it. Botanicula delivered the feels and great music, Chuchel is one of the best comedic games I've played, this didn't bring much to the table I'm afraid.

Ripsipaps

Literate
By far Amanita's worst game. All their previous stuff has been charming, this was just dull and disgusting. All those stupid smiley faces and children's stuff getting gruesomely torn apart, that's the gimmick here.
And there's no ending, the shitty mushroom trip just finally stops at some point. I regret playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom