Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If they are not able to get back the RB assets & IP from the auction, then they still hope to create a new game project with the RB engine. It would likely still be similar in many ways (turn-based party cRPG with 3.5e rules). But obviously this would be a major setback as they'd have to commission or acquire new art, music, etc. and start from scratch with the lore & world-building.
:hahyou:

tenor.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Jesus people, how many times must it be said. Because these developers have proven to be incompetent and in each instance have blamed their inability to finish the various iterations of this game on someone else.

It’s an excuse, not the actual reason

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
"We can't do any business decision because the owner of the other half of the company doesn't even bother picking up the phone" is a whole new grotesque level of incompetence/negligence, by the way.
Like, Jesus Christ, if I'd be in the shoes of the "other owner" (Hobgoblin42, apparently) I'd be camping in front of this fucker's house as long as needed to intercept him in person, if I had to.

Let me share what I know, and for months in this thread nothing is done except shit down throat of patient in coma and repeat old news

1)I have done extensive research and private investigation into Realms Beyond situation. My motive? 25€ given to Ceres Games, and this being my first Kickstarter

2)Is official explenation true? Now this is where reality becomes stranger then DMT trip. It appears that...yes. Everything said by devs is true

3) WTF happened? HobGoblin and this other guy (his name is Peter) indeed made a company together. Peter is spoiled, short attention, butthurt, depressed, trust fund kiddo of 30somthin years. His father is influental German lawyer. He hates HobGoblin for some unknown reason. Maybe HobGoblin gave Peter's fiancee what Peter never did, who knows. The fact of the matter is: Peter wants to see Ceres Games burn. Money is not issue for Peter. He wipes his german ass with 100€ bills and then uses them to pay his Turkish Bull. That's how he resists third siege of Vienna, also he finds that funny. For some personal reason he wants to make HobGoblins life miserable

4)HobGoblin has spent yuge! amount of money on german lawyers so far. When I wanted to give him some free legal advice, people on his discord attacked me that thats not legal. Nigga, only if you snitch on me. Bankruptcy should have happend first in may, then in june. Now we're at the end of july

Why he doesnt call him? Why he doesnt siege his house? Well, and I kid you not, explenation I was given is that in Germany if you see someone who's not your relative you'll be fined 300€. Which is like 10% from amount of money spent on lawyers but whatevs. HobGoblin is probably despite being 8feet tall wild beast, introvert in heart and too shy to knock on Peter's door

All in all:Jarl Frank is great guy. Too bad he was involved in all of this. If you have to make new cRPG make it historical with/without low fantasy elements placed in time of Justinian's recounqista of Western Roman Empire

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Isometric low fantasy historical cRPG placed in time of Justinian, Eastern Roman Empire. Holy Fuck, my horse cock will be erect for the rest of day from mere thought of such a thing existing

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Also FFS! move your base of operations to Belgrade, Sofia, Bucharest etc. With 100.000€ you can finance state coup in Balkans let alone make quality isometric cRPG

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Anyway, Peter (aka HobGoblin) is too passive. He should have in bona fidas spirit sieged partner's mansion until two of them started talking again

I mean whole situation is retarded, tbh...

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Also: Ceres Games should have went bankrupt by know but Timmy's lawyer (his Dad) asked for extension of deadline and court ruled in their favor

They won't even let me bury my boi
:negative:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could backers sue if "Tim" is holding development back. If we go by the story that we have. It seems that others are willing to develop the game and deliver a product, while one person is interfering.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Could backers sue if "Tim" is holding development back. If we go by the story that we have. It seems that others are willing to develop the game and deliver a product, while one person is interfering.
YES! If there's enough will and money among backers for such legal crusade. Unless Gabe Newell was secret backer, chances are 0.1%

Justice is expensive

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It sure is an unfortunate coincidence that Peter has tried to make the same game three times and each time through no fault of his own evil publishers/business partners/satan has prevented him from it

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many times must I say it: We already got what we deserved. This was an actual game. Had limited scope, and I beat it. (It was shit.)
demons-age.jpg

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It sure is an unfortunate coincidence that Peter has tried to make the same game three times and each time through no fault of his own evil publishers/business partners/satan has prevented him from it

Three times?

How many times must I say it: We already got what we deserved. This was an actual game. Had limited scope, and I beat it. (It was shit.)
demons-age.jpg

They just bought somewhat dubiously acquired the Chaos Chronicles assets and made an asset-flip, doesn't count

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
All things put aside, trying to make isometric Daggerfall/Arcanum in Germany with 100.000€ is insanity

Codex could kickstart RPG studio in Belgrade for 10.000€ and we'd make vertical slice/demo for Byzantine cRPG in exactly 1 year. We'd go to Kickstarter and in next 6-9months we'd be on Steam Early Access. After 1-1.5 more years, you'd have Byzantine Arcanum with main quest to fuck Empress Teodora and side quest to restore Roman Empire

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
All things put aside, trying to make isometric Daggerfall/Arcanum in Germany with 100.000€ is insanity

Codex could kickstart RPG studio in Belgrade for 10.000€ and we'd make vertical slice/demo for Byzantine cRPG in exactly 1 year. We'd go to Kickstarter and in next 6-9monts we'd be on Steam Early Access. After 1-1.5 more years, you'd have you'd have Byzantine Arcanum with side quest to fuck Empress Teodora

Yeah, even though it pains me as a German, but that's the smarter option by far than trying to do it here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom