Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
Recently bought the game with a Fanatical Bundle and got it with the Band of Bastards DLC and the From the Ashes DLC but didn't start playing it yet.

Are the other DLCs worth it? (Treasure of the past, the Sir Hans one and A Woman's Lot)

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
thanks! Is there anything that should be outright avoided? If all are good to mediocre I likely wait for a deal and get all of them

ADL

Prophet
The more Kingdom Come Deliverance the better no matter how mediocre the DLC is, you'll be wanting as much of it as possible. Get them all.

deama

Prophet
I've played a few more hours and I'm already getting the feeling that my guy is advancing through the ranks of society too quickly to be in any way credible. Fun game, but I'm starting to understand the "chad simulator" title.
There's actually a good reason why you progress through society that quickly, revealed towards the end of the game or so.

Quillon

Arcane
Is there anything that should be outright avoided?

For what reason? But no, I guess. But A Woman't Lot is a must, should be done last, has a lot of reactivity in it for the whole game. We talked about DLCs before itt tho, a quick search might help.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
Thanks, I'll likely get all of them before I start my playthrough. Didn't want to get spoiled, that's why I didn't search. There are countless reasons to avoid certain DLCs (they could be buggy, break the game balance, etc.) but I asked mostly due to the reviews. A Woman's Lot has an overall review score of mixed and a recent one of mostly negative and the other ones are also all in the mixed category (except the treasures dlc)

Quillon

Arcane
From The Ashes is a money sink at first but could break the economy later I guess but I don't care much about economy in RPGs so didn't really pay attention.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There's actually a good reason why you progress through society that quickly, revealed towards the end of the game or so.
Hinted at earlier, though. :M

PZ8ybRF.jpg

fmMzECN.jpg

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Recently bought the game with a Fanatical Bundle and got it with the Band of Bastards DLC and the From the Ashes DLC but didn't start playing it yet.

Are the other DLCs worth it? (Treasure of the past, the Sir Hans one and A Woman's Lot)

Treasures of the past are just good weapons that you have to find and then become not that good halfway through the game iirc..

woman's lot is great (has a great quest and a side-mode where you play as Theresa)
Sir Hans one is kind of mixed but I think its' worth it especially if you like his character

I'd get the two story ones and skip treasures, though it might be essentially free if you complete the bundle thing on steam, not sure if the ones available deduct the cost of the ones already owned though... depends on how they set it up

Paul_cz

Arcane
A Woman's Lot has an overall review score of mixed and a recent one of mostly negative and the other ones are also all in the mixed category (except the treasures dlc)
People are idiots. I can get some criticism of the Woman's Lot Theresa questline, there is one annoying moment in it that took me a while to get through, but then there is a second separate questline where you play Henry and help Johanka and that questline is an absolute must play. I bet most of those negatively reviewing either did not play it or do not even know it's there.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It seems to me that Vávra is too busy doing his anti-censorship work (in frame of the NGO he started, he recently ran a seminar in the parliament for example and made quite a few public appearances, he is also preparing some kind of large law suit against Facebook) to pay much attention to the game dev stuff.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I I don't see why people moan about the combat, it's something a bit different and seems to me what holding a massive sword would actually be like (i.e. not like the Witcher).

I was not aware holding a massive sword is like warping through trees and doing constant unbreakable 180s while mobs teleport either uphill or downhill depending where the bre-baked animations requires them to. I've held few longswords in my hand I am pretty certain none of that happened.

Paul_cz

Arcane
It seems to me that Vávra is too busy doing his anti-censorship work (in frame of the NGO he started, he recently ran a seminar in the parliament for example and made quite a few public appearances, he is also preparing some kind of large law suit against Facebook) to pay much attention to the game dev stuff.
On the other hand he has been banned on FB for the last couple months so he has about fifty times more free time than before

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
On the other hand he has been banned on FB for the last couple months so he has about fifty times more free time than before

Really? How he got banned?

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
He literally just told someone who trolled him to fuck off, thats all.

IIRC he also got into trouble for writting some sort of a blog post about some public figure (I dont remember who it was, some politician I think) which was classified as offensive (though it really wasnt), but that is probably a separate drama, that facebook shit is extremely pathetic.

otsego

Cipher
I spent a few years putting this game off because I didn't have the hardware (I still don't) but finally gave it a shot. I even met Vavra at ComiCon and watched their presentation before the game was even released. The hype was real but I just couldn't run the game.

20 hours in, it's pretty much everything I wanted out of a medieval RPG. The cinematics are overlong and get annoying but I digress.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out the combat. Maybe I'm getting retadred and old, but it seems like no matter what I do the outcome is random. The fighting tutorial teaches you feints and 'tricking' the enemy with attacks but it never seems to work in real combat, they always block or dodge you... until they randomly don't.

I just finished fighting 2 bandits in the search for Ginger. I spent 2 hours failing and dying to them. Then I drank a Marigold potion and kept clicking the mouse and for some reason every time I looked at the enemy health bar it was lower and lower... but I DID NOTHING DIFFERENT in terms of combat strategy (I was still just clicking the mouse and changing directions at random with basically no thought at all).

Fighting 2 enemies at once is very difficult. I tried cheesing it in several ways but in the end I ended up just... winning by spamming the same mouse clicks I did hours prior.

What am I doing wrong

Last edited:

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom