Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Dunno about y'all, but I want to play as a full-blooded Tremere, preferably of a lower generation. :M

Ah, but there can be no such thing as a full-blooded Tremere, seeing as how they are nothing more but a mongrel bloodline of the Tzimisce. Indeed, it is a pet theory of mine that Tremere blood used to Embrace someone, but without the surrounding ritual involving blood of the Council of Seven, will result in a regular Tzimisce, perhaps with a greater aptitude for Koldunic Sorcery than for Vicissitude.

Zyondyne

Learned
Paradox will survive they'll just tack on another 7 dlcs for crusader kings 3

Paradox Executives whenever Crusader Kings developers are threatening to quit.

Jokes aside, it saddens me a little whenever I see this thread getting bumped, yet there's never any new piece of information about the state of this game. No matter how bad it is (and if it ever gets released, oh boy, it will be bad), it's still better to get a VTMB sequel and at least laugh about how bad it is than not getting a VTMB sequel at all.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
it's still better to get a VTMB sequel and at least laugh about how bad it is than not getting a VTMB sequel at all.
You can go laugh about how any nu-game is shit, if it's so funny. Why must it be VTMB? I hear they released "Fallout" 4, go have some satisfying chuckle. Your entire existence must be full of joy since the late 00's.

Semiurge

Cipher
That makes sense. To me a big warning sign was when they announced that the player would have the traversal powers of all thinblood paths! This meant that they just couldn't find ways to add these three options to all the maps which meant that mapping was behind schedule. In hindsight I would say that the powerful thinblood disciplines were a mistake right from the start. Like it sounded great on paper, but when they started to build the world and maps with these powers in mind they realized that they just couldn't make it work.

There's just no sense of discovery and adventure anymore, is there. Everything is made too easy, and your paths to quest objectives are highlighted at the press of a button. This can only satisfy achievement collectors who are in a rush to display them at Steam social. Notches on their gaming thrones.

Besides, being millenial Seattle vampire losers must be a thing that strike a cord with them.

Every teen wants to be a prince/princess of the punks. What scares me is that those devs are in their mid-twenties or thirties already, and yet they think like teens.

6. Blame somebody.

:betrayed:

Dunno about y'all, but I want to play as a full-blooded Tremere, preferably of a lower generation. :M

Ah, but there can be no such thing as a full-blooded Tremere, seeing as how they are nothing more but a mongrel bloodline of the Tzimisce. Indeed, it is a pet theory of mine that Tremere blood used to Embrace someone, but without the surrounding ritual involving blood of the Council of Seven, will result in a regular Tzimisce, perhaps with a greater aptitude for Koldunic Sorcery than for Vicissitude.

What are you talking about? The only commonality between Tremere and Tzimisce in V5 is Dominate and the council is no more.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

What are you talking about? The only commonality between Tremere and Tzimisce in V5 is Dominate and the council is no more.

Oh, this silly V5 thing again. It never happened.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
csl9gz39g3o21.jpg

3rwv3u99pkw11.png

it's been a while since this was posted

Latelistener

Arcane
Jokes aside, it saddens me a little whenever I see this thread getting bumped, yet there's never any new piece of information about the state of this game. No matter how bad it is (and if it ever gets released, oh boy, it will be bad), it's still better to get a VTMB sequel and at least laugh about how bad it is than not getting a VTMB sequel at all.
Bloodlines is a finished work that didn't need a sequel. This shitshow is brought by people who thought that they need one.

What people want is to relive the same experience they had back then, but it's also impossible.

Zyondyne

Learned
Bloodlines is a finished work that didn't need a sequel. This shitshow is brought by people who thought that they need one.

What people want is to relive the same experience they had back then, but it's also impossible.

That could be said about any sequel, ever. We can't relieve the same experience because well, we got old. It's like when you taste something again and it isn't as great as you remember. Taste buds have numbed with age. It works mostly the same with games, games have arguably become worse but we've definitely become numb.

That being said, I don't necessarily want a sequel to Bloodlines. I want another proper RPG in that universe or hell, at least in a similar universe. And it looks like nobody wants to make such game anymore.
The name Bloodlines 2 was a (successful?) marketing stunt, and I guess most people knew that. We've simply chosen to overlook that because we wanted a game in the same verge as VTMB, that's all.

And honestly, if they somehow release this game and it's horrible but still has some small good parts, that's a win in my book. Better than nothing. Will I buy it though? Absolutely not.

I don't know man, for me something is still better than nothing. It's not gonna taint my experience with the original game because that's already well in the past and it's not going to taint the prestige of the series because there's no prestige, there is no series and there never was.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Former Hardsuit employees are still angry on glassdoor

Leadership needs to do better
Jul 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee

Pros

I met some of the kindest, most empathetic people. The actual employees at the ground level are wonderful and inclusive.

Unlimited PTO they actually encourage you to use, and the work-life balance is good.

Cons

Leadership says they back their employees, but when multiple devs were being abused by an external collaborator, leadership took the abuser's side immediately every time. They were willing to throw their employees to the wolves to get their game out the door. The values they talk about so much crumbled when actually put to the test. It's one thing to say you care about employees. It's another to actually show it, even when it's difficult.

Many employees were also left in the dark about the health of the company. They were told things would be totally fine and layoffs wouldn't happen after the sudden end of a project, only to find themselves laid off without warning a few months later. Either leadership lied to everyone's face, or they had such a poor understanding of their own company's future they couldn't even see a couple of months down the road. I can't decide which is worse.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees. Be honest to them, even when the answer is "I don't know." Defend and protect them even when it's not easy.

Paradox is an abuser now? :lol: Swedes, you have some explaining to do.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Pros

I met some of the kindest, most empathetic people. The actual employees at the ground level are wonderful and inclusive.

Unlimited PTO they actually encourage you to use, and the work-life balance is good.

Cons

Leadership says they back their employees, but when multiple devs were being abused by an external collaborator, leadership took the abuser's side immediately every time. They were willing to throw their employees to the wolves to get their game out the door. The values they talk about so much crumbled when actually put to the test. It's one thing to say you care about employees. It's another to actually show it, even when it's difficult.

Many employees were also left in the dark about the health of the company. They were told things would be totally fine and layoffs wouldn't happen after the sudden end of a project, only to find themselves laid off without warning a few months later. Either leadership lied to everyone's face, or they had such a poor understanding of their own company's future they couldn't even see a couple of months down the road. I can't decide which is worse.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees. Be honest to them, even when the answer is "I don't know." Defend and protect them even when it's not easy.

(((paradox))) being very austere when it comes to assets, who knew?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Pros

Cons

Advice to Management

(((paradox))) being very austere when it comes to assets, who knew?

TBH, it is debatable whether many of Hardsuit's employees could be considered "assets".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom