Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Support group for new users trying to understand buttons

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I would like to know why "Up Yours"
upyours.png
is considered to be a postive rating now.
Why? Did it help improve your ratio?

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Does anyone know if there's a way to search your own ratings? For example, I know I used
icon_rolleyes.gif
4 times, but I'd like to know on whom I used it and, if possible, find the incriminated posts. Basically, I'm looking for a way to find posts that I rated with a specific button.
Not that I know of. You have your recent activity feed but like everything on this forum it's rendered server side so there isn't a convenient API to query. Though you can still make a script that uses that endpoint to incrementally fetch you entire activity history and then search it. A simpler way would be to bribe an admin to query the db for you.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What does "Acknowledge this user's Agenda" mean?
My understanding is that the button is supposed to inform the readers about the authors underlying agenda. E.g. say you have a history of bitching about women's rights and then at some point praise Islam.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does anyone know if there's a way to search your own ratings? For example, I know I used
icon_rolleyes.gif
4 times, but I'd like to know on whom I used it and, if possible, find the incriminated posts. Basically, I'm looking for a way to find posts that I rated with a specific button.
u can try checking your recently activities.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What does "Acknowledge this user's Agenda" mean?

Just simply that you know the user has an agenda in regards to the topic they're discussing.

Like if lukaszek posts about the RNG in a game being bad.

Doesn't necessarily mean their point isn't valid, just that you know it's a particular bugbear to them or a topic they like discussing/pushing.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
After half a decade of these ratings, these are the few that (still) aren't quite clear to me.

button.png
So this thing was created by DU, when a user won the chance to create his own button, but the person couldn't think of one.
thoth.png
While the meaning is clear, I don't know what I am looking at here?
popamole.png
Here I know what I'm looking at, but the purpose .. eh. Should there also be a lootershooter button? What is the point here?
doyouevenlift.png
Another example of a button with a clear enough meaning, but the purpose ... idk.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
button.png
So this thing was created by DU, when a user won the chance to create his own button, but the person couldn't think of one.
No, it was there from the start of the Button Age. Then it got removed for a bit (for whatever reason) and I requested it to be put back.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
After half a decade of these ratings, these are the few that (still) aren't quite clear to me.

button.png
One purpose of this button is to indicate that a poll should have been included with a thread; for some time, this button could only be applied to a thread's initial post, though this limitation has since been removed.

popamole.png
Here I know what I'm looking at, but the purpose .. eh. Should there also be a lootershooter button? What is the point here?
The popamole button is applied more generally to indicate poor taste in the sense of being casual, action-oriented, and so forth.

doyouevenlift.png
Another example of a button with a clear enough meaning, but the purpose ... idk.
Can be used to indicate a lack of effort or determination on the part of the poster.

thoth.png
tumblr_m51u2372gM1ro2bqto1_1280.jpg

Erol Otus artwork, from the later version of AD&D Deities & Demigods (in 1984 renamed Legends & Lore with a new cover).

Can't handle the bacon

Thoth is Hermes Trismegistus, often also associated with Enoch the Cainite (not to be confused with Enoch the father of Methuselah and great-grandfather of Noah, and who was assumed bodily into heaven), and is the central figure of hermeticism (an branch of occult philosophy that, like all occultism, seeks apotheosis of man, and is very influential in the inner circles of our modern-day elites).

Therefore, the button is very useful as a reminder not to fall into the trap of gnostic-luciferian-hermetic-pythagorean-alchemical-orphic-neoplatonic-kabbalistic occultism, which by the way usually includes worship of the "divine feminine" (often represented as a tripple goddess). Begone, Thoth!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
My apologies to anyone who's agenda I've acknowledged. I always thought that was supposed to be to be a positive or neutral thing.

Deleted member 28561

button.png
thoth.png
popamole.png
doyouevenlift.png
How you not know Thoth who gave you letters? You type but do not know where gift came from? Hermes has to shake head in disbelief.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
thoth.png
popamole.png

OLIVERT! You know a pokeman, but not the ancient god THOTH?
Do we have our American child indoctrination camps public education to blame for this?
Very disappointing. Travel back in time and be homeschooled with me. Educated in the classics and how ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
My apologies to anyone who's agenda I've acknowledged. I always thought that was supposed to be to be a positive or neutral thing.

But it is..? At least from seeing who rates whom in GD.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Why is the 'k icon a raptor with a wizard hat and who is allowed to use it? Is it an admin only button? For reference, I mean this button
makeawish.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom