Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Baron Dupek

Arcane
FC5 have mods support/editor?

https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/someone-has-remade-all-the-levels-from-project-igi-1-2-in-far-cry-5/
PC old-school FPS fans, here is something for you today. Modder ‘gregorpl123’ has remade all the levels from the classic FPS games, Project IGI and Project IGI 2, in Far Cry 5.

What this basically means is that you can play all the original missions of these two games in Far Cry 5. The modder has also included some soldiers to fight. As such, this mod feels like an – unpolished – remaster of these two games.

In order to find and access the Project IGI and Project IGI 2 maps, you’ll have to search for “Project IGI” and “IGI 2”. And that’s it.

Caim

Arcane
Dude I fucking LOVED IGI back in the day, even though it was a bit weird at times. The regular sniper rifle in that game was pretty good, but the silenced MP5 was even better at quietly taking out enemies at short to mid range. The first round on that gun had no spread, a bit like the pistol in Doom, and you could clear the entire first level with that beauty.

Mikeal

Arcane
ee4.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Deus Ex Creator Warren Spector Wouldn’t Make the Game Today Because People Believe Too Many Conspiracy Theories

Deus Ex was originally released in 2000 but took place in an alternate 2052 where many of the real world conspiracy theories have come true. The plot included references to vaccinations, black helicopters, FEMA, and ECHELON amongst others, some of which have connotations to real-life events.

Spector said, “Interestingly, I’m not sure I’d make Deus Ex today. The conspiracy theories we wrote about are now part of the real world. I don’t want to support that.”

Earlier, Spector had commented on how he was “constantly amazed at how accurate our view of the world ended up being. Frankly it freaks me out a bit.”

Caim

Arcane

lightbane

Arcane
Deus Ex Creator Warren Spector Wouldn’t Make the Game Today Because People Believe Too Many Conspiracy Theories
Funny thing to say, considering DeSuEx was spot on on way too many things to comply, even if not always in the way we should have, and dumber. So far we don't have walking killbots pacifying the streets of Paris, for example. Or bionics.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

"Nuts by B.P.R.D contains 10617 monsters in two rooms and is almost unplayable as a result. It is featured in Doomworld’s Top 10 Infamous WADs and also in their Top 100 Most Memorable Maps, placing 4th."
Pain. I started working on this 4 months ago...
This video is in 2 segments for reasons explained below, the second part starts at 17:16.
This is the first true UV-Max completion of this level, where 100% kills and 100% secrets (0 out of 0 in this case) is achieved. The issue with maxing this level is that even with really good infighting and perfect ammo management you are left with roughly 800 cyberdemons at 4000 health each and nothing besides your fists, which deals 2-20 damage per hit, to kill them with.
The monsters can do some damage to the cyberdemons through infighting, most notably the arch-viles, but eventually they get destroyed by the splash damage.
Any monster on the upper area that attacks the cyberdemons are also quickly killed off, so there is only one solution: gather up enough homing revenant rockets to tear through all the cyberdemons. So how many do we need exactly? 850 cyberdemon at 4000 health where revenants rockets do an average of 45 damage, that means we need to simply gather up at least 70000 rockets, great! ... There's just one more problem, while this is an incredibly easy task to do, it should take roughly 5 hours of circling revenants before you've got enough.
5 hours isn't too bad, sure, but that's in game time, unfortunately the game runs a bit slower once the rockets start to pile up... to the point where you are moving 0.5 seconds every minute!
So in real time it takes about 23 days to gather the rockets, which would be extremely boring to do. Luckily the upper area is really large, so what I did was take a segment where I circle the area, copy the inputs and insert them multiple times into the demo so that it's nearly 6 hours long and then simply let my laptop play through the demo for 23 days before I then take control! So nobody, including myself, have actually seen what happens between 30 minutes and 340 minutes.
Then of course the fun part begins, where you are moving 4 frames every 14 seconds to guide the rockets to the cyberdemons. There's a few places where I do some weird things like take damage for no reason, which is because of just horrible controls (I can't even move backwards) and doing it over again takes at least 30 minutes, so I left it like that. I would have tried to make it a bit better looking, but putting in effort to do that would have driven me mad, so it'll have to do. It took roughly 20 hours to do 10 minutes, needless to say that is just an awful experience. Then there was another 25 days or so of waiting to create the video.
At the start you have to help the revenants out by killing the barons, as the barons would win easily. The part between roughly 14:55 to 16:10 is repeated/copied until I have enough projectiles.
This can be done non-TAS, you just need an actual super computer optimized to play doom and about 6 hours.
What an absolute waste of my time this has been, hopefully you'll enjoy this more than I did.

I'm surprised this is possible, doom monster movement is semi-random when they run into eachother and decide on a new direction, would have thought that something would path into the wrong place within the 23 days.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm surprised this is possible, doom monster movement is semi-random when they run into eachother and decide on a new direction, would have thought that something would path into the wrong place within the 23 days.

This mod is impossible if you're not running a Doom-extension that doesn't support "out-of-engine" limits. Even then you're trying to abuse game mechanics to get the level done.

This mod is impossible if you're not running a Doom-extension that doesn't support "out-of-engine" limits. Even then you're trying to abuse game mechanics to get the level done.
I mean, everyone uses limit-removing DOOM sourceports nowadays. The level is actually pretty easy to finish (I've done it), the notable thing is 100% kills, and what he's doing isn't abusing game mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom