Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Arcadian Atlas: FFT/Tactics Ogre inspired RPG

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Also I backed this around six and a half years ago. I was a different person then. :negative:

Yeah, I backed a lot of Kickstarters between 2013 and 2015.

I've changed a lot, too. Now I spend the bulk of my free time fishing, boating, camping, or hiking when it isn't winter, because the wilderness, rivers, lakes, and fish are just as good as they were when I was a kid, whereas computer games definitely aren't.

Also I backed this around six and a half years ago. I was a different person then. :negative:

Yeah, I backed a lot of Kickstarters between 2013 and 2015.

I've changed a lot, too. Now I spend the bulk of my free time fishing, boating, camping, or hiking when it isn't winter, because the wilderness, rivers, lakes, and fish are just as good as they were when I was a kid, whereas computer games definitely aren't.

Good for you. A big chunk of polish mountains is being devastated each year with tourist infrastructure, like stairs. They are getting more commercialized each year. Please tell me that it isn't the same where you live. I put a photo of those stairs under spoiler cause it really is triggering to even think about those, and just looking can cause physical pain.

Bieszczady1020180078.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ctical-rpg-inspired-by-classics/posts/3261433

UPDATE #39
Beta Demo Tweaks & Tons of New Content!
103487b80f4e890b5394831227a0a1e5_original.png

Becca BairCreator
August 8, 2021
Hey hey all!

These past few months have been absolutely INSANE for the team, we've been working hard on new game content as well as applying the feedback y'all gave us after you tested the beta demo.

Thank you so much to everyone that filled in our survey, gave suggestions and sent in thorough bug reports. Because of your help Arcadian Atlas is better than ever! Here are a few examples of those tweaks we made to the game after your feedback:

bb70d56525b8e333c8b9546992729820_original.gif

Obscurity shader means when units go behind objects, they are still visible!
554022a44ebbcd2d1318cf2fa16baffc_original.gif

Skills & the menu have been reworked
8ef86e8176d067a5891a2fd230eb11b5_original.gif

You can now see a Status Effect Tooltip to help ya know the specifics of any given status effect
1a4dfb9c0d3fa175347b4f5ad85335b0_original.gif

Tutorial Time!
ced9862ba6f7062dc24e72b436bdc0c2_original.gif

Some Quality of Life menu options now, including Keybind reminders
Not to mention we have reworked the initial keybinds to be more intuitive!

Really couldn't have done it without your help, so again, huge thanks to the community for this massively useful feedback.

But tweaks to the existing game aren't all we've been up to! We have a TON of new maps, job classes and game content we've been hard at work on.

Jobs, jobs, jobs
Base job classes were in the beta demo, and now we're on to making their upper job class tiers!

1fd79ef257be723c101ed69c9d5ef6a5_original.png

From right to left:

Male Reaver, Fem Monk, Male Druid, Fem Shaman, Fem Sorcerer, Male Sorcerer, Male Shaman, Fem Reaver, Fem Druid

But what are all these job classes if we don't have lots of new maps for you to battle on?

New maps
e7776180188e65734bae7bf21cffac80_original.gif

2652a0b34435d1a4abd89dcd6b581546_original.png

There is a light and it never goes out
4dd07c94a86b3351724d6cd31670b82b_original.gif

Monastery map rekts
And that's it for the moment, folks! We'll keep our nose to the grindstone and have some more goodies to share with y'all soon. In the meantime, be sure to check out Gamescom's Indie Arena Booth coming this late August (25th-29th), we will be there showing off the game!

More info here

Until next time~

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All Events > Arcadian Atlas Events >

Arcadian Atlas Updates, January 2022
Druid class spotlight and new skin tones!
Arcadian Updates, January 2022

We promised that we would have some cool stuff to show after the Holidays and we are here to deliver! To start this year off with a bang we will be showing off some new skin options and showcasing a fan favorite class, so let’s get this party started!

Class Spotlight: Druid

967218cfa12911de1867067d542175154340f341.gif

An embodiment of nature’s resilience, cunning, and fury, Druids harness the power of nature to create powerful spells. The Druid has become so enmeshed with the natural elements only dreamt of in their Warmancer days that they’re able to create phenomena from nothing. Proficient in Ice, Lightning, and Fire they use these elements to deal damage across the land hitting any enemy unfortunate enough to be in it its path. Druids also have a knack to not only use the elements to create damage but also utilize the earth to create traps.

While the Druid uses nature to conjure some of the most powerful spells, they are also concerned with ecological balance and like to live in harmony with the nature around them. They are a protector of the lands and garnish respect for the earth they inhabit. You will often see Druids adorned in their light armor and equipped with two-handed staffs.

This class is perfect for players who want to bend the battlefield to their whim, calling forth the earth to trap and decimate their foes.

Skin Tone Update:

We are excited to announce that players can now choose between three skin tone choices for ALL core and advanced classes. This allows for more diversity in the world and characters of Arcadia, a goal we've been eager to share with you all and plan to extend to NPCs, shopkeepers and foes!

ff4b8641fd2e003bdb4c4a84f1ea2000a31c375f.png

We're excited to continue showing off more as we go along, and are truly thankful for our Arcadian Atlas community! We can’t wait to show you what we have planned, so stick around!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/691790/view/3131697462771971016
Arcadian Updates, March 2022
Hey there, folks! Welcome to Arcadian Updates, where we share super cool updates for Arcadian Atlas that the Twin Otter team are working on, including new maps, classes, mechanics, and much more! We'll have more to share as time goes on, so follow along and check it out!

Sub-Class Spotlight: The Sorcerer

fb5129d4846cfcbb996bc43696e08f484c8bcb9a.gif

Today, we're sharing a very first look into one of the sub-classes of Arcadian Atlas:
The Sorcerer
! Expect the unexpected. To be the ruler of true chaos.

The Sorcerer
is an agent of chaos, taking the practice of magic to dangerous extremes and reveling in the frontlines of war and all the unpredictability that entails. Those specialized in the
Wild Magic
branch care nothing for their own safety, pulsing with energy so unhinged it withers their foes while risking their own lives. A Sorcerer trained in the
Touch of Death
branch enjoys seeing the life drain from their enemies up-close, laying on hands infused with such concussive magic it obliterates them and leaves those alive utterly debilitated.

This class is perfect for players who like to dabble in chaos. Their ability to touch death and handle wild magic makes them a great choice for those who like to get up close and personal with their foes, or channel their magic from a further distance.

Ryder Lighthouse

78b895dc4edfc572d6b912ed4b7ac2795f776d7b.png

On the furthest edge of Tropis, where the rocky crags meet the sea, countless sailors of old met a grisly fate within the fog surrounding Lethe Island - their ships torn to ribbons and dashed against cliff sides along the coast.

King Tirgan, very early in his reign, commissioned one of Dantalion's most capable architects to construct Ryder Lighthouse, a modern marvel still actively guiding ships from harbor to horizons over the expansive sea. Perched atop one of Tropis' most unforgiving cliff sides, this lighthouse was never intended to have tactical value amidst the war ravaged continent, and yet Vashti will find herself taking refuge amidst its light in the course of our story. What she'll least expect is the person she'll be hiding from.

jungl

Augur
I thought this game would never come out. They must of partnered with epic games lot of people shit talk them over steam but you can get several DOZENS of free games if you been using their platform. I could care less about steam and its achievements and I have 17 year old account steam does not care much for gamers or developers.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought this game would never come out.

It still hasn't been released. What are you smoking?

Just wait until the third 2 in 2022 turns into a 3.

Based on the time value of money, I have calculated that my pledge is now worth approximately $144,896.32 USD today. Projections suggest that if I had invested that money in an equity that experienced reasonably stable growth that I'd have been able to buy a majority share in Tesla by the time the game releases.

notpl

Arbiter
12 classes? Seriously? Seven years of development for 12 classes?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Don't question the settled science that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that two untried American hipsters can produce a game to rival or even exceed those produced by a team of seasoned Japanese developers from the golden age of computer and console games.

notpl

Arbiter
Don't question the settled science that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that two untried American hipsters can produce a game to rival or even exceed those produced by a team of seasoned Japanese developers from the golden age of computer and console games.
Two untried american hipsters made Fell Seal.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Fell Seal was pretty good, but it was nowhere near as good as Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics—especially in the story department.

There is only one example of an American developer arguably surpassing a game that was the product of the Japanese development golden age, and that's Stardew Valley, which indisputably took throne of the Harvest Moon subgenre (or however you define that style of game).

Nevertheless, "falls a bit short in nearly every category" will still produce a pretty good game, and that is the absolute best that can be hoped for here. I hope Arcadian Atlas can pull that off. Second-best to the best isn't bad.

Viata

Arcane
There is only one example of an American developer arguably surpassing a game that was the product of the Japanese development golden age, and that's Stardew Valley, which indisputably took throne of the Harvest Moon subgenre (or however you define that style of game).
Yet it lacks the charm of the first Harvest Moon game. I prefer to play Haverst Moon 1(and PS1/64) over Stardew Valley just because of that. But if it's to play any other HM, I prefer to play SV.

Archibald

Arcane
HM1 preference over SV to me sounds similar to someone liking HoMM2 more than HoMM3.

Modron

Arcane
They've been doing monthly updates on steam for a couple months now here is the latest end of May one:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/691790/announcements/detail/3302839954759392281
Arcadian Atlas May 2022 Update
Hey there, folks! Welcome to Arcadian Updates, where we share super cool updates for
Arcadian Atlas
that the Twin Otter team are working on, including new maps, classes, mechanics, and much more! We'll have more to share as time goes on, so follow along and check it out!

Sub-Class Spotlight:
The Hunter

1c090c2988ceb5c75182ce3827d135d17b144793.gif

Today, we're sharing a very first look into one of the sub-classes of
Arcadian Atlas
:
The Hunter
! Master the art of stealth, lay traps on the battlefield, and rain arrows on your enemies!

The Hunter knows that man’s greatest foe is one that strikes from above, catching them unawares. With their Death From Above tree, the Hunter and their Animal Companion rain deadly strikes from the skies, while the Guerrilla Tactics tree turns the battlefield into a minefield, laying traps and making foes regret ever stepping foot into Hunter territory.

The Hunter sticks to the shadows, preferring Guerilla Tactics over direct conflict. Use
Reconnaissance
to gain a better vantage of the battlefield before laying any manner of elemental trap on the battlefield. Let loose your arrows to rain death from above with
Comet Shot
, striking up to three enemies at once. Maximize pain at nerve centers in order to increase Critical Damage, allowing for fatal blows. Equip a bow or crossbow for varying levels of damage and strike fear in the hearts of your opponents from the shadows.

Lundum Hills

d50bdd31da9fac8c93ff50fb0357bf0d025b2cba.png

Not all is right with the world, and less so in recent memory. Crazed soldiers often return home and speak of ghastly creatures yet unheard of in Arcadia. Beasts of incredible power, the dead rising from their graves, terrible monstrosities in the skies. Dire tales of this land spread on hushed whispers, sowing fear and skepticism among all whose ears they reach.

They're too ridiculous to be believed, and yet, curiosity surrounding the mystery of this place enchants brave adventurers and meek souls alike.

Lundum Hills has a dark story all its own to tell, and as the rain gently falls on what remains of a grisly battle, Vashti and Desmond will learn that some stories have a grain of truth in them.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron

Publisher Serenity Forge and developer Twin Otter Studios today revealed a new trailer for the upcoming and highly-anticipated politically-charged tactical RPG Arcadian Atlas announcing that the game will be coming to PC in Summer 2023. Today’s new trailer showcases deeply tactical and highly rewarding battles that must be fought (and won) in order to save the land of Arcadia.

Arcadian Atlas is a unique, narrative-driven isometric tactical RPG set in Arcadia, a nation tearing itself apart via political and familial factions, nefarious plots, treacherous alliances and clandestine intrigues just as ancient evil forces begin to awaken. With a queen willing to do anything to ascend to the throne, no one is safe.

In order to save Arcadia, players need to build an elite party of adventurers from more than 12 custom classes, each with their own unique skills and equipment ranging from apothecaries to warmancers. Strategic, turn-based battles will determine the fate of both the kingdom of Arcadia and its people. Every single action counts; just one wrong move could tear your family, its political alliances and the land itself apart for good.

The stunning pixel art of Arcadian Atlas pairs with the game’s rich story that will push players into tough, emotionally driven choices and send them down an unforgettable path. No one is safe now that the Atlas, a power that can change life in an instant, has been unleashed.

Arcadian Atlas is due out in Summer 2023. For more information about Arcadian Atlas, please visit http://www.arcadianatlas.com/

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Same trailer as posted above, I think, but with a forward by Becca Bair.

Trailer looks cool and hits the right notes, but re: the drama discussed earlier in this thread.... people slept with this chick on purpose, eh? :prosper:

Dhaze

Cipher
I don't see it mentionned in this thread, so I'll hijack it for a second and drop a couple of links for Fae Tactics: on GoG and on Steam.

It is by far one of the best 'tactics' game I've ever played (like this developer's other game, Valdis Story, is one of the best metroidvanias). There's no job system and at first glance the entire gameplay might seem too simple, but it is deceptively deep. Story and characters are cute; art is very well made (though the cards look like shit, weirdly enough); and the soundtrack has its moments.

I highly recommend it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I don't see it mentionned in this thread, so I'll hijack it for a second and drop a couple of links for Fae Tactics: on GoG and on Steam.

It is by far one of the best 'tactics' game I've ever played (like this developer's other game, Valdis Story, is one of the best metroidvanias). There's no job system and at first glance the entire gameplay might seem too simple, but it is deceptively deep. Story and characters are cute; art is very well made (though the cards look like shit, weirdly enough); and the soundtrack has its moments.

I highly recommend it.
Fae Tactics has its own thread:https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/fae-tactics-srpg-by-creator-of-valdis-story.112563/

Poseidon00

Arcane
Considering how old this fucking thread is and the fact that the game *still hasn't come out* this better be amazing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom