Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
Codex fundraiser to buy it and gift to Victor when?

Elex

Arbiter
https://dnd.wizards.com/dndstudioblog/dnd-canon

“For example, what is canonical in fifth edition is not necessarily canonical in a novel, video game, movie, or comic book, and vice versa. This is true not only for lore but art as well.”

“It means that a D&D video game can take elements from a series of novels and present them in a way that serves the game’s needs, rather than adhering to the sequence of events chronicled in the novels. Creatively, it’s liberating. This approach also acknowledges that different media have unique challenges and requirements. Every edition of the roleplaying game has its own canon as well. In other words, something that might have been treated as canonical in one edition is not necessarily canonical in another. For example, the succubus was classified as a devil in fourth edition, even though it had been a demon in previous editions. ”

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
What is fucking wrong with that character sexualization in Dragon Age and BG3? I have bad feeling that BG3 will be another Dragon Age Inqusition for sure.

Didn't I see you jerking off to Kingmaker like yesterday? You know the game that has an Orc and Elf girl offering unsolicited threesome? This is why I can't take you guys seriously. The same design sins by mother Russia game is praised while simultaneously berated by Larian. At least be consistent.
Didn't know a text sex scene compared to heavily marketed fully mo-capped sex scenes with multiple positions and sexual preference c&c. Let me know when WotR has body pillows for their glistening vampires.

Saravan

Savant
What is fucking wrong with that character sexualization in Dragon Age and BG3? I have bad feeling that BG3 will be another Dragon Age Inqusition for sure.

Didn't I see you jerking off to Kingmaker like yesterday? You know the game that has an Orc and Elf girl offering unsolicited threesome? This is why I can't take you guys seriously. The same design sins by mother Russia game is praised while simultaneously berated by Larian. At least be consistent.
Didn't know a text sex scene compared to heavily marketed fully mo-capped sex scenes with multiple positions and sexual preference c&c. Let me know when WotR has body pillows for their glistening vampires.

What a shitty argument.

The principle is exactly the same, this is only a difference of budget and highlights your hypocrisy. Both are absolute decline, all you have done is decide to suck one dick and forego the other when I know for a fact that Swen's penis is as succulent as Regongar's.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

What a shitty argument.

The principle is exactly the same, this is only a difference of budget and highlights your hypocrisy. Both are absolute decline, all you have done is decide to suck one dick and forego the other when I know for a fact that Swen's penis is as succulent as Regongar's.
You're thinking in binary if you don't think there are different levels of degeneracy and that less degeneracy is preferable to more degeneracy.

Saravan

Savant

What a shitty argument.

You're thinking in binary if you don't think there are different levels of degeneracy and that less degeneracy is preferable to more degeneracy.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure to announce the gold medalist in mental gymnastics:

2SRTFl3.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Thanks guys. I would love to get a free target to my crossbow. Or use it as a target in the firing range

cl67lLA.jpg

TnLa1B2.jpg

EshEJyJ.jpg

Bbbbut muh based slav devs

Adapting a TT western made adventure path. They still the unique relative big devs which has OHK spells and other cool stuff in their games. I prefer vampírism over lichdoom but OwlCat is the unique major dev bringing lichdoom to their game. I don't see it in a game since might & magic viii : day of the destroyer. Swen is worse than Sawyer in his hatred for fun stuff.

Well, we had a short honeymoon with the last patch about the marginal improvement introduced, but it's time to back to some relentless bitching.

I have to say that another thing of the game that is genuinely starting to grind on my nerves is how Larian is almost regularly disregarding the canonical stats/abilities for the monsters they are using.

Some get buffed with powers they shouldn't have, some get nerfed significantly, lose special powers, don't show any sign of their typical resistances or immunities, etc.
This is happening over and over across the entire portion of the game available so far. Phase spiders that are gifted ranged AOE venom spit when they should just attack in melee (which is two times as bizarre, given that D&D DOES offer spiders that canonically have ranged attacks), Minotaurs that don't "charge" in a straight line but do hulk jumping and ground stomping instead, mud mephits and wood woads gimped to the point of being husks of what they were supposed to be, etc.

It feels almost like people at Larian after negotiating and getting the official D&D license one morning woke up decided that they feel only contempt and disdain for it. "Fuck this shit, we'll do our own bestiary" or something.
Just for the record, an update about this pile of shit.

- brought up this topic on the official forum and it got almost unanimous support.
- brought up this topic on the Steam forum and got a whole lot of smug idiots thinking they were making a super-brilliant point by stressing that "the DM Manual says the dungeon master can change whatever he wants", "Canonical stats monsters are there just to be tweaked by the most creative players", "You have to unimaginative to stick to the rules, we humans operating at peak creativity". "I trust Larian with my onw life and think they can improve every monster in the game by using their gimmick" etc, etc, etc.
Guess I won't manage to make this idea gain any traction there. Also fairly confident that reddit would be the same but worse, so I won't even bother trying.

Sorry guys, I tried to push BG3 in a good direction, but there's no salvation against the slave mentality of groupies. Ask Rusty.
Fuck you too, by the way.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Reinhardt

Arcane

Thanks guys. I would love to get a free target to my crossbow. Or use it as a target in the firing range

cl67lLA.jpg

TnLa1B2.jpg

EshEJyJ.jpg

Sorry I made fun of you Vict0r. Please tell me if I shouldn't come to school tomorrow.
Don't worry it there's no ammunition in any of the pics.
But he can just conjure bolts.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

cl67lLA.jpg

TnLa1B2.jpg

EshEJyJ.jpg

Sorry I made fun of you Vict0r. Please tell me if I shouldn't come to school tomorrow.
Don't worry it there's no ammunition in any of the pics.
But he can just conjure bolts.
They'll only last a round or two anyway.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

What a shitty argument.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure to announce the gold medalist in mental gymnastics:

2SRTFl3.png
Is it mental gymnastics to recognize that some things are worse than others now?

Minesweeper and dos2 both suck. Don't ask me to tell you wish one sucks more, because that would be mental gymnastics.

Harthwain

Magister
I prefer vampírism over lichdoom but OwlCat is the unique major dev bringing lichdoom to their game. I don't see it in a game since might & magic viii : day of the destroyer.
While vampirism and lichdom are very nice high level aspirations I find basic necromancy to be very underdeveloped in games. Baldur's Gate 3 is going in the right direction by allowing you talk to the dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom