Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Ok this is some bugged fuckery or else xD Maybe the bugged game show wrong values in description, because unfair increase skill checks, and the description was made universal? I dont even understand wtf is going on with this game sometimes.

How the hell this is allowed 2 years after release? Anyone bugtested this, or bugtesters were actually lazy students who prostrated themselves because they were allowed to play the game for free? xD

WOX6Wvs.png

PanDupa

Educated
And in fact the first half of the game is not considered to be the buggy one, you're in for a ride

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Sharpedge

Prophet
Ok this is some bugged fuckery or else xD Maybe the bugged game show wrong values in description, because unfair increase skill checks, and the description was made universal? I dont even understand wtf is going on with this game sometimes.

How the hell this is allowed 2 years after release? Anyone bugtested this, or bugtesters were actually lazy students who prostrated themselves because they were allowed to play the game for free? xD

WOX6Wvs.png
If I recall correctly unfair increases the DC of skill checks by 4 but doesn't display it on the tooltip, so without rolling at least 14 there you won't succeed.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Where can i find other dwarven cogs needed to open a Thorag statue at dwarven watchtower ruin? I have only one for now from this location.

I have found it ! Muahuahau i get a treasure!!!

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I think that solo unfair even with kineticist is impossible without heart of ira or other exploit, at least on beginning.
Psychokineticist is absolutely dreadful at the beginning, i think for unfair solo kineticist with usual CON scaling is better.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
I think that solo unfair even with kineticist is impossible without heart of ira or other exploit, at least on beginning.
Psychokineticist is absolutely dreadful at the beginning, i think for unfair solo kineticist with usual CON scaling is better.
I have a fair amount of solo unfair experience (finished the game 3 times this way) and I would agree on the subject of the early game requiring heart of ira on kineticist. There are quite a few people that hype it up because it does a lot of damage down the line but without cheesing everything you will never get to down the line anyhow. As a result of that I don't consider kineticist to be that great of a class, because its performance is not consistent. Playing for example a sorcerer you can solo the entire game without any major issues including the early game, so I see that as a much better build.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There's a guy who somehow do this without heart of ira. Pure autism and reloading galore. Even playing underrail on domination i havent seen so much reloading and messing around the map to get XP. Or maybe im just talking like that because im quite experience in UR[nowhere near as parablus though :)]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq7cVTYu1A0

Sharpedge whats your sorcerer build for unfair solo?

Sharpedge

Prophet
There's a guy who somehow do this without heart of ira. Pure autism and reloading galore. Even playing underrail on domination i havent seen so much reloading and messing around the map to get XP. Or maybe im just talking like that because im quite experience in UR[nowhere near as parablus though :)]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq7cVTYu1A0

Sharpedge whats your sorcerer build for unfair solo?
Yeah victor is a friend of mine, pretty good guy and he definitely knows how to play, but there is still a lot of reloading there. He cheeses the game very liberally though, which is something to keep in mind if you want to avoid cheese. Sylvan Sorcerer was what I went with, with a build that looks like this:

1. Race: Musetouched Aasimer
  2. Class: Sylvan Sorcerer
  3. Pet: Dog/Leopard/Smilodon
  4. Strength: 7
  5. Dexterity: 18
  6. Constitution: 8
  7. Intelligence: 14
  8. Wisdom: 10
  9. Charisma: 20
  10. Skills: Persuasion, Trickery, Perception
  11. Feats: Spell Focus: Evocation, Spell Specialization: Magic Missiles
  12. Spells: Magic Missiles, Grease
  13. Alignment: Lawful:X
You have 3 options that work well. Either 20 sorc, 19 sorc 1 monk or 9 sorc, 10 ek, 1 monk. I personally am a fan of going ek, because bashing things with a sword is fun.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
Jeebus this feels much better than kineticist. That smilodon has five attacks.
Yeah, it does. I prefer the dog myself, because it has a trip and it has a better chance of landing it than a leopard, but there are advantages and disadvantages to all 3. The leopard and the smilodon both get pounce, which is great. The smilodon has a lot of attacks, but its actual chance to land them is a bit lower than the dog and it doesn't have a trip. The leopard has the worst damage out of all 3 of them, but it has really high AC and pounce. My entire early game setup is set up to minimize RNG. Most enemies don't have shield and so magic missiles is guaranteed damage which will usually auto kill most enemies. When you get level 2 spells I usually grab burning arc and spell specialize it. Even if enemies make the save so it only does half damage it will still kill them.

But it's totally balanced and not overpowered because... *checks notes* ...it gets in the way sometimes

The pets are all pretty overpowered and essentially the equivalent of an extra party slot for a fighter or better that also can't permanently die or get fatigued. 95% of the time an archetype that can take a pet is going to be vastly better than one without. If you want to make the game an absolute cakewalk then you'd min-max a whole party of the various classes that have pets, at which point the size of the pet is probably a huge concern.

Yeah, it does. I prefer the dog myself, because it has a trip and it has a better chance of landing it than a leopard, but there are advantages and disadvantages to all 3. The leopard and the smilodon both get pounce, which is great. The smilodon has a lot of attacks, but its actual chance to land them is a bit lower than the dog and it doesn't have a trip. The leopard has the worst damage out of all 3 of them, but it has really high AC and pounce. My entire early game setup is set up to minimize RNG. Most enemies don't have shield and so magic missiles is guaranteed damage which will usually auto kill most enemies. When you get level 2 spells I usually grab burning arc and spell specialize it. Even if enemies make the save so it only does half damage it will still kill them.

Leopard actually has pretty good damage. Early game it has a massive AB advantage around +5 or 6 above anything else, which can mean hitting 50% more of the time, which while still not quite as powerful as the smilodon is very nicely consistent and definitely better than a Dog's single attack. Later on even when Dogs do get their extra attacks they take a -5/-10 AB penalty to using them which means they are really more theoretically good rather than practically useful, especially that third attack. In most cases the two will probably be dishing out comparable damage, especially when you count Leopard's pouncing attacks

Cael

Arcane
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but apparently there actually is a non-wizard Necromancer class in PF. CHA-based with spontaneous spellcasting. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/samurai-sheepdog/necromancer/

Here's the thing though, it has a unique spell list which is much worse than the Wizard/Sorcerer's. So... what's the point?

It's a 3rd party class. Ofc it has no point.
Dread Necromancer is a base class in 3.5. Has a mix of cleric and sorcerer spells. Biggest advantage over sorcerer is that it knows all of its spells without needing to pick. Disadvantage is that they are mainly necromancy and conjuration (summon) spells. Still, a very playable class.

Trust piefucker to screw it up.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I watch old unfair videos, people could retrain character without changing difficulty to custom. Right now at 2.1.7b when i try to enable retrain, the difficulty change to custom. Have they changed that? That makes the game even harder.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I watch old unfair videos, people could retrain character without changing difficulty to custom. Right now at 2.1.7b when i try to enable retrain, the difficulty change to custom. Have they changed that? That makes the game even harder.
I don't know, I never bothered respeccing during my gameplay. I do know you could in the past turn on and off character's move speed depends on how much you are carrying without impacting the difficulty. I do not know if this was changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom