Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah, I didn't include it in the screenshot and didn't have a save available to go back and look again. Like I said, I believe it was 19, which means a +4 str bonus, and leaves 9 unaccounted for assuming they had weapon specialization (which I don't recall seeing either). I'm on Core, so there shouldn't be any boosts, but whenever I make it back to that house, I'll check again.
Str. of 21. Besides power attack and weapon spec already mentioned, sheet says he's got piranha strike and weapon training (listed twice, once just as weapon training and another as weapon training light blades).
Ahh of course, completely forgot about weapon training.

Odd that he would have Piranha Strike AND Power Attack, usually those aren't used together

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah, I didn't include it in the screenshot and didn't have a save available to go back and look again. Like I said, I believe it was 19, which means a +4 str bonus, and leaves 9 unaccounted for assuming they had weapon specialization (which I don't recall seeing either). I'm on Core, so there shouldn't be any boosts, but whenever I make it back to that house, I'll check again.
Str. of 21. Besides power attack and weapon spec already mentioned, sheet says he's got piranha strike and weapon training (listed twice, once just as weapon training and another as weapon training light blades).

That gets it a lot closer, but should still be a damage bonus of only 16, right? 4 from power attack (doubled), 4 from piranha strike (doubled), 5 from strength, 1 from weapon training, 2 from weapon specialization.
No, you cannot benefit from PA and PS at the same time:

Piranha Strike (Combat)
You make a combination of quick strikes, sacrificing accuracy for multiple, minor wounds that prove exceptionally deadly.

Prerequisites: Weapon Finesse, base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: When wielding a light weapon, you can choose to take a -1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (-50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon. When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and for every 4 points thereafter, the penalty increases by -1 and the bonus on damage rolls increases by +2. You must choose to use this feat before the attack roll, and its effects last until your next turn. The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage. This feat cannot be used in conjunction with the Power Attack feat.

Yosharian

Arcane
They might need to do something about unfair at later stages of the game because I think that it might be tapering off in the abyss

*concernedface*
There is a mod for Kingmaker that literally does this, it reduces the benefit from Insane stat scaling early on, and raises it towards the end of the game

Slightly disappointing that Owlcat haven't figured out to do this by themselves

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I didn't mind the harsh difficulty early. I minded the lax difficulty late. And people seemed to think this was fixed in Wrath

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They might need to do something about unfair at later stages of the game because I think that it might be tapering off in the abyss

*concernedface*
There is a mod for Kingmaker that literally does this, it reduces the benefit from Insane stat scaling early on, and raises it towards the end of the game

Slightly disappointing that Owlcat haven't figured out to do this by themselves

There's some of that on Hard/Unfair in Wrath but there's also spikes.

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius

Patron
I think I took Pitanha a grand total of once. It only made sense late because Unfair plateaued too early. PA was a prereq and multiplied the STR bonus and Deadly had the hat but no reason to take Piranha.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
the first portrait you see in-game and a consistent presence you can't get rid off until late-game is a tranny.
and that's the way wotr players like it, bigot
this game is MADE by trannies FOR trannies!!

the entire game consists of paths where you can simp for various women. Paizo is in the business of promoting cuckery and femboynism, not rpgs

Codex Year of the Donut
the first portrait you see in-game and a consistent presence you can't get rid off until late-game is a tranny.

the entire game consists of paths where you can simp for various women. Paizo is in the business of promoting cuckery and femboynism, not rpgs
Owlcat proudly stands with its transgender sisters at the rpgcodex

Desiderius

Patron

Owlcat is living in 1989. The question is whether a side character who isn't even a companion serves as a camel toe inside the tent or as an attempted retreat to a viable surrender.

Anyone familiar with present-day trans politics and the money and muscle behind it knows that the entire hairy ass of that camel is already inside the tent stinking up the joint and any sign of retreat on their part is a welcome advance for the good guys.

I say we chalk this one up, accept the olive branch and stand vigilant against any backsliding.

Simping for various women? Which women? As with InEffective memetards minmaxxing for 3.5 and playing the whole game underleveled and so crying for nerfs you phaggots are seeing what you want to see instead of what's there. Most of what I see on the femael side are a bunch of overdrawn cunts simping for me. And a send-up of a "fucking love science" nerd chick along with a no Gods no Masters Soyertard trying to win over the world for Niceanity. Easygoing big black momma who can get some shit done is in fact a thing on the ground here in the states and a welcome alternative to the pissed off entitlement queen the corporate media likes to push. But nobody's seriously simping for her.

Codex Year of the Donut

Owlcat is living in 1989. The question is whether a side character who isn't even a companion serves as a camel toe inside the tent or as an attempted retreat to a viable surrender.

Anyone familiar with present-day trans politics and the money and muscle behind it knows that the entire hairy ass of that camel is already inside the tent stinking up the joint and any sign of retreat on their part is a welcome advance for the good guys.

I say we chalk this one up, accept the olive branch and stand vigilant against any backsliding.

Simping for various women? Which women? As with InEffective memetards minmaxxing for 3.5 and playing the whole game underleveled and so crying for nerfs you phaggots are seeing what you want to see instead of what's there. Most of what I see on the femael side are a bunch of overdrawn cunts simping for me. And a send-up of a "fucking love science" nerd chick along with a no Gods no Masters Soyertard trying to win over the world for Niceanity. Easygoing big black momma who can get some shit done is in fact a thing on the ground here in the states and a welcome alternative to the pissed off entitlement queen the corporate media likes to push. But nobody's seriously simping for her.
I stand with the transgender women at the rpgcodex like Desiderius, do not let the bigots bother you.

Sharpedge

Prophet
D_X here are some screenshots of this particular MC and their party. Keep in mind, almost all of my previous pathfinder experience was playing solo, so I am unfamiliar with building characters for team play and so made some mistakes along the way. There are likely to be several things you can improve. I have also added some commentary on each character.

Selene (My MC).
qML74uV.jpg

dbBOFvS.jpg

I played this character as a supportive cleric with a heavy emphasis on buffing party saves and attack rolls, as well as reducing the same things on enemies. Guarded Hearth is a great ability to use when you encounter a boss, but unless you intend to rest spam I wouldn't bother using it outside of that. At level 9 I took 1 level in Zen Archer as well as weapon focus: shortbow. This was to take advantage of the following weapon on this character, with the monk's perfect strike ability in addition to the extra AC.
PNVkGV1.jpg

Looking back, I should have just stuck it on Lann at the time and then moved it onto Arueshalae, but I had already decided I wanted Lann to use a longbow and I was determined to stick with my decision. When it came down to Mythic feats, I did strongly consider taking additional domains. The Knowledge domain provides an aura which allows allies to reroll their attack rolls and take the better result. The Luck domain also had a nice bonus (I forgot what) and the Nobility domain had an aura which granted +2 insight to attack rolls to everyone within it. The repose domain early on is also exceedingly good for lazyness (and I do like being lazy), with an aura that provides immunity to death effects. In the end I decided not to go those routes, but they are definitely a good option. Guide to the Faithful is a really nice penalty to inflict on enemies, reducing their AC by 4. Definitely my favorite option out of the available ones.
Here is Seelah.
OXQyPGi.jpg

6VAyCYt.jpg

In retrospect power attack may not have been worth using, you get so many powerful buffs from angel that add many damage dice, that the extra hit chance from not using power attack may not be worth it. Last Stand on the other hand, proved to be exceedingly good and in future play I will probably take it even earlier, especially if I decide to try a full unfair run at some point. It is hard to overstate just how useful those extra rounds can be. Once I got to Drezen, I found a really nice Scimitar in 1 of the shops which gave bonuses when you have an animal companion. Since she had an animal companion it seemed like an ideal fit for her and so I ended up deciding to make that her permanent weapon choice. I was not expecting the significantly better scimitar with 3d6 fire damage you get later on, which ended up making it an even better decision.
Arueshalae.
EEqtL1L.jpg

UZLkmsf.jpg

I decided to let her inherit the position Lann had been occupying with the Longbows. Not much to comment about her really, she performed up to expectations. I am not really sure how I feel about Always a Chance however in retrospect, its probably worth missing that feat entirely.
Greybor.
U3dM5NN.jpg

XozbZrU.jpg

Not much to say about him either really, other than the fact I really wish I had taken last stand a whole lot earlier than I did.
Woljif.
YB2Mzcx.jpg

ZGt6J7O.jpg

Z2U4Ut6.jpg

Probably the most controversial decision I made. Very early on I realized I really was not taking advantage of his magic much and that I valued his sneak attack dice much, much more. He was already set up to easily go Arcane Trickster and Arcane Trickster gets Sneak Attack die more often than Eldritch Scoundrel does. As a result of that I decided to go full in on Arcane Trickster instead, pretty much reserving any spell slots he acquired for a couple of personal buffs.
Nenio.
nm6w7hX.jpg

apKKG7E.jpg

I played her in a similar fashion to my MC, except in her case focusing on buffs and control spells. I let my MC handle any dispel checks however, since they would cost Nenio 2 spell slots instead of only 1.
If you have any other questions about my characters just ask, otherwise I think that covers most of it.

Desiderius

Patron
Inspiring Command +2 bonus isn't just to attack rolls. And it has WIS bonus + 3 uses per day at rnd/2 per level each use. In other words at will by midgame. AoE. Insight.

For the love of God ppl pls consider thinking beyond the release day memes.

AT on Wolj makes my head hurt. Double Debilitation is the best ability in the game.

O/W thanks for all the thought you put into this. Very impressive.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Inspiring Command +2 bonus isn't just to attack rolls. And it has WIS bonus + 3 uses per day at rnd/2 per level each use. In other words at will by midgame. AoE.

For the love of God ppl pls consider thinking beyond the release day memes.
Yeah I know. Its really good and I was seriously considering taking it, but I didn't want to splash into 50 different domains on the cleric. It doesn't really fit the character (imo).
AT on Wolj makes my head hurt. Double Debilitation is the best ability in the game.
Yeah, it was probably a mistake to make.

Sharpedge

Prophet
For the next character I am wanting to take a look at either Azata or Demon, probably Demon just for the contrast. Looking at its set of mythic feats though it does look very underwhelming and I am not quite sure what would fit well with it at all. Maybe a vivisectionist? Its easier to figure something out for Azata anyhow.

Percy

Cipher
Reeeeeee: The Tranny Talk. We all know this stuff going to be moved to retardo.

Sharpedge, great post but Woljif as pure scoundrel owns.

I think most companions should be kept to their original class except for:

• Lann - dubious benefits outside certain levels of Zen Archer
  • Regil - Hellknight kinda sux
  • Daeran/Sosiel - if you feel like you don't need two clerics maybe multiclass one. (Not sure what is best outcome)
  • Nenio - I like making her an arcane trickster.

Percy

Cipher
For the next character I am wanting to take a look at either Azata or Demon, probably Demon just for the contrast. Looking at its set of mythic feats though it does look very underwhelming and I am not quite sure what would fit well with it at all. Maybe a vivisectionist? Its easier to figure something out for Azata anyhow.

I've been messing around with toybox, I think Demon sucks.

Azata has some strong feats but you need to be gay.

Desiderius

Patron
Azata has best caster support.

Nenio doesn’t need AT either since her Illusion stuff owns. She’s going to end up Loremaster once that’s in game.

Hellknight… doesn’t suck. You’ll see.

Sos wants to stay single class for his Domain abilities which are all insane and to get to Frightful. Same with Daeran. Since they both start with the Channeling Feats they’re kind of priced in. Guess you could go Order of the Star Cav? Meh.

Unfortunately only Lann and Seelah lend themselves well to multiclassing (Wolj ES12/Vivi 8 is appealing tho if you’re CMing) and even there you’re probably not gaining a ton because Pal owns.

Note: Shouts bypass SR and Monk’s (i.e. Lann’s) scales all the way up to 20d6 and the DC would be the equivalent of a 10th level spell.

Desiderius

Patron
Pro tip: don’t take single target feats on Nenio. Her bread and butter spells are enemies only AoE and her blinding Ray is good against Archers and casters who aren’t in melee.

AT is a P:K release day meme. Open your minds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom