Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.pcgamer.com/hitman-3-sold-300-better-than-hitman-2/

Hitman 3 sold 300% better than Hitman 2
IO claims this year's entry is the commercial and critical highlight of the trilogy.

Hitman 3 has done gangbusters for IO Interactive, with CEO Hakan Abrak claiming this year's entry was 300% more commercially successful than previous entry Hitman 2.

We called Hitman 3 "IO's most creative and surprising assassination sim yet", and it seems like we weren't alone. In interview with GamesIndustry.biz (above), Abrak explained that Hitman 3 wasn't just the highest-rated critically of the series—it was also the most profitable, despite being the first game entirely self-published by the studio.

That's a welcome turn, considering the first game's failure to meet Square Enix' lofty expectations saw the publisher drop the franchise. In contrast, Hitman 3 made its money back within a week, even as—as Abrak explains in the video—the developer faced "challenges" in adapting to work under Covid 19.

"If there's something that IO knows how to do, it's a Hitman game," said Abrak. "It's just like saying 'I know Kung Fu', we know Hitman."

Hitman seems to have done well enough for IO to open a third studio. The developer announced the opening of IO Barcelona earlier this morning. Along with the existing Copenhagen and Malmö studios, Barcelona will assist in developing IO's Project 007, along with future Hitman content and an unannounced new IP.

IO still has plenty of sinful content in store for Hitman 3, but the chrome-domed killer will be taking a break once that wraps up. Instead, the studio's next project aims to give gaming its own, wholly original James Bond adventure.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Played through the free Hitman1 and then splurged on Hitman 3 Deluxe edition.

Excellent series, should've gotten into them earlier. Especially considering stealth games are extremely scarce nowadays.

Hitman1 access pass for H3 supposedly free if you get the Hitman1 GotY edition before the end of the month; debating whether I should get it or not.

Not a cheap series by any stretch, but they do have quite a bit of replayability at least.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Prepare for the Season of Pride and the second act of HITMAN 3's Seven Deadly Sins DLC on May 10th! Go deep into the mind of Agent 47 and get your hands on new sin-themed weapons, a shiny new suit and a new Escalation in Chongqing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Chill out, take it easy. The Season of Sloth in HITMAN 3 starts on June 15th with Act 3 of the Seven Deadly Sins. Save all your energy for the Sloth Depletion Escalation and go deep into the mind of Agent 47. Experience a new take on the Dartmoor location and unlock new sin-themed items and suit to show off your inner sloth.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
What the hell happened, why did they go all-in on the goofy crap? The series peaked when it had an American McGee’s Leon the Professional vibe.

randir14

Augur
There's a "new" map coming next week called Dartmoor Garden Show. It's a remixed version of the original, like what they did with Sapienza in Hitman 1. But it sounds like this one won't have a story mode and is only meant for contracts and escalation.

Kainan

Learned
All of Hitman 3 is a disaster.

Surprised that you think so. I think it's easily the best entry in the series since the originals.
I dislike the moody atmosphere in 3, and I've always disliked it in Hitman games.
Very few games could make such a cool atmosphere. You just know these new games devs couldnt if their lives depended on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom