Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
None of the DLC is available in beta, as far as I know.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I know this is a long thread, but please keep the off-topic shitposting to a minimum.

This means you, fantadomat.
Fuck off you old fag,you should be send to mod the political forum and not let to kill off conversations in the RPG forum lol. The discussion got derailed because there is nothing to discuss,and it was not be me that started the derailing. You just got butthurt because i posted political music as joke,because it have opposite views. Go take a dip in some forest pond while it is burning around you,fucking liberals! Oh and on top that i was the dude that tried to turn the discussion back on to the game,as i asked a few times.

LoL DarkUnderlord i remember a few years back you really hated when mods/admins were cutting the natural flow of the discussion. But it seems that you had either given up on that shit or gotten politicly butthurt. Oh well.....such is life.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
dsc01609-e1320008803176.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It’s ironic that the Discord admin that booted me intervened over the same thing - ostensibly talking about P:K in Wrath forum but really talking about a metaissue regarding both. To @Crispy’s credit that’s less obvious here and he isn’t being a dick about it.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Messed around a bit with the demon path using the toolbox mod - aside from that illusionist caster idea brought up by D_X I am really not seeing a niche for it. I tried scaling the claws that they gain on level up, that is completely pointless. They do not gain iteratives so you are always locked into only hitting twice per round if you try to make use of them and you are also losing out on whatever bonuses a weapon might have. I will mess around a bit more with it and see if I can come up with something but right now I am really not very impressed with the mechanical side of demon. Hopefully it does better when it comes to flavor.

Desiderius

Patron
Demon has some CMB support + Rage is untyped and has a lot of item support. Probably best if paired with a class that doesn’t get Rage naturally.

I won’t be testing Demon much but usually when there are so many unique effects there are a couple powerful things in there while most people struggle to fit them into existing archetypes.

If you want to play Gnome caster use the Arcanist Racial Special. Probably better as Azata?

Salvo

Arcane
It’s ironic that the Discord admin that booted me intervened over the same thing - ostensibly talking about P:K in Wrath forum but really talking about a metaissue regarding both. To @Crispy’s credit that’s less obvious here and he isn’t being a dick about it.
AMAB

Jorus

Educated
New patch:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3002197683033704796

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous beta, version 0.8.1

Quests
  • When persuading Lann to lead the mongrels, a speaker was displayed incorrectly - fixed.
  • After meeting the messenger from the Queen in the Warcamp, it was impossible to find the Queen herself - fixed.

Areas
  • During the siege of Drezen, you couldn’t commence the assault on the final gates - fixed.
  • Some random encounters caused the game to crash - fixed.
  • In Midnight Fane one set of stairs was inaccessible - fixed.

Turn-based mode
  • the game would sometimes freeze in turn-based mode - fixed.
  • Loading a save after a turn-based battle could make some parts of the map inaccessible - fixed.

Crusade
  • Some units couldn’t move in the crusade tactical battles or got stuck - fixed.
  • Some units could occupy the same space in tactical combat, making it hard to target - fixed.
  • You could receive rank-ups before the requirements for them were met - fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Encyclopedia links didn't work in character creation - fixed.
  • Mythic ability Rupture Restraints could be used indefinitely - fixed.
  • The description of Mythic Demon’s Aspect of Vrolikai didn’t specify that to apply negative levels you need to rage - fixed.
  • Mythic Demon’s Aspect of Vavakia could deal damage to all enemies within 50 feet multiple times during the round - fixed.
  • Mythic Demon’s Aspect of Vrock didn’t give the enemies a penalty to reflex saves - fixed.
  • Mythic Ability Everlasting Judgement didn’t give the Inquisitors the ability to use Judgements any number of times per day - fixed.
  • Some enemies wrongly worshipped Abadar - now they no longer do.
  • Elemental Witch’s Elemental Ray damaged the Witch - fixed.
  • Mythic Trickster’s Ray of Halberds had too many halberds in it - fixed.
  • Mythic feat Sorcerous Reflex didn’t work in turn-based mode - fixed.
  • Halflings didn’t benefit from the Hasty trait - fixed.
  • Sometimes your character could lose their mythic levels, which led to inability to proceed in Drezen and complete chapter 2 - fixed.
  • Cleaving Shot wasn’t dealing damage to enemies within 10 feet - fixed.
  • Flames of the Abyss empowered the wrong number of attacks - fixed.
  • Daeran couldn’t ride a mount - fixed.
  • Mythic Demon’s Death-Stealing Gaze didn’t give negative levels - fixed.
  • A lot of enemies had an Accomplished Sneak Attacker feat - fixed.
  • Mythic Lich’s Weapon of Death didn’t give a penalty to caster level to overcome spell resistance - fixed.
  • Mythic Lich’s Decaying Touch didn’t deal unholy damage and ability damage to strength - fixed.

Misс
  • Issues with various animations - fixed.
  • Minotaurs’ axes were hanging in the air - fixed.
  • When reporting a bug, the default context was always Crusade, which was incorrect - fixed.
  • Sometimes characters would lose their materials for a second and would appear white - fixed.
  • Fixed issues with scaling of cloaks.
  • Fixed cloaks on rangers, rogues, and inquisitors.
  • The ability to change body types was previously disabled in character creation - fixed.
  • Fixed tiefling tails.
  • Clothes and armour could change colour to gray - fixed.
  • Some capes weren’t coloured - fixed.
  • After loading a save, abilities would disappear from the quick bar - fixed.

A friendly reminder: Even though Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is still in beta and incomplete, there are already some mods out there. If you use mods, please don’t send bug reports from the modded game, or if you do send them, don’t forget to mention what mods you used or what did you change, if you edited your save, for example. We respect our modding community, but at this moment our priority is to ensure our game works well without any modifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desiderius

Patron
Lol the usual patch notes with nothing that needed fixed getting fixed. Hilarious.

It might actually be fixed but it never makes it into the notes. In this case you can’t build any buildings so can’t recruit units.

Desiderius

Patron
140AC lol. Noice.

16 sec for Jes? Piker I posted pics of like 9 or 10 max. maybe that includes adds.

The other ones are pretty impressive.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Heh if I had started the beta sooner I could probably have pulled off a Hepzamirah kill faster than that. I was testing a sword saint with toolbox against her and managed to pull this off:
unknown.png

(The entire fight is from the start of attacking her there to her dying.) Because of dimension strike you can actually afford to take both power attack and piranha strike if you so wish to. Most of the time you would probably want 1 or the other disabled, but when it comes down to making dramatic pictures like this they work really well. With a bit of optimization I could probably get this down to a single hit kill.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Haplo has hit 1,000 w/ SS in P:K so who know how high you can go.
Absolutely, you can go a lot higher than that. I didn't even bother with party buffs in that picture, I just threw up whatever buffs happened to be available to the saint itself so there is a huge amount of room to push the numbers up.

Thonius

Arcane
Messed around a bit with the demon path using the toolbox mod - aside from that illusionist caster idea brought up by D_X I am really not seeing a niche for it. I tried scaling the claws that they gain on level up, that is completely pointless. They do not gain iteratives so you are always locked into only hitting twice per round if you try to make use of them and you are also losing out on whatever bonuses a weapon might have. I will mess around a bit more with it and see if I can come up with something but right now I am really not very impressed with the mechanical side of demon. Hopefully it does better when it comes to flavor.
They should just make all sources of claw stack or something. Tried to see if DD and Teifling ( AT LEAT TTEIFLING's claws should stack!) and you just get 3 sets of claws... one of which (demon) you can get permanent. Overall if you want to go in claw direction, DD or just plain bloodrager is a better choice. Since DD gives elemental dmg, bite, and other shit.

Desiderius

Patron
They should just make all sources of claw stack or something. Tried to see if DD and Teifling ( AT LEAT TTEIFLING's claws should stack!) and you just get 3 sets of claws... one of which (demon) you can get permanent. Overall if you want to go in claw direction, DD or just plain bloodrager is a better choice. Since DD gives elemental dmg, bite, and other shit.

New Druid Elemental Rampager gives scaling Claw and Elemental damage plus debuffs on attacks that scales up to AoE along with scaling Rampage bonus.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3267142

The release is near - please check your orders!

Hello crusaders!

Less than 4 weeks are left until we release Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. We can’t wait for you to start downloading and playing it. However, we noticed that some of our backers haven’t finished the transfer of their pledges from Kickstarter to our backers’ portal. So we would like to remind you to check that everything is correct with your order there!

Why is it important?
We won’t be emailing codes for the game to you. We created the backers’ portal specifically to allow you to select your favorite platform and activate your code there. So when the release day comes, those who confirmed the pledges will be able to get their codes and start playing right away, while the backers who haven't confirmed their pledges on the backers' portal will have to confirm their pledges first.

What should I do?
Please log into your account on the backers’ portal and check the Orders tab. If you see an order from Kickstarter with a ‘Paid’ status, then everything is correct.

But if your Orders tab is empty, it means you didn’t complete the pledge transfer from Kickstarter. Recently we’ve sent the transfer emails again. Please search your mailboxes for an email from media@owlcatgames.com containing a link. Follow this link to finish your pledge transfer.

d99c5265627e981e6953746eae32ad09_original.JPG

Finishing pledge transfer will allow you to get the code for your game on release!

If your orders are empty, and you didn’t get an email with a link, please write to team@owlcatgames.com, and we will help!

If your orders are correct, you don’t need to do anything else.

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

Additionally, we would like to give a shout-out to our friends from Trese Brothers, who recently announced that Cyber Knights: Flashpoint will release in the first half of 2022. Please visit the game’s Steam page and add it to your wishlist! And don’t forget to watch their awesome trailer too:

Salvo

Arcane
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*ahem*

What I meant is, this russian trinket has most wondrously captivated my interest.

Mortmal

Arcane
Is there a way to upgrade a kicsktarter pledge to include the season pass ? I see you can preorder it on the site for a measly 99 euros only with the mythic edition .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom