Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter

ironmask

Arbiter
The shot reminds me of underworld: ascendant.

grimace

Arcane
Nothing yet but they posted their first in engine screenshot today (Unreal Engine 5 preview)
We are excited to share our first screenshot, taken in Unreal Engine 5, and showcase the graphical fidelity and art style that we plan for The Wayward Realms. Please keep in mind that it is still early and things are likely to change when we enter full production. We will be sharing a few more shots, as well as info about what exactly these creatures are, in the coming days, so stay tuned.
Caliban_Attack_Logo.png

What's the estimated cost to ship this screenshot?

$8 Million?

d8n1k0w.png

Got more out of my friend. Maybe not relevant to Wayward Realms itself but for any devs struggling to find investors this seems like sound advice to me. Baring in mind you are having to impress people to whom investing 3-8 million dollars on something is equivalent to asking a mate to lend you a quid for the fruit machines. With about the same risk of failure too.

Back to pitching?

Why not? Seems unlikely to me that Daggerfall's budget in 1996 was greater than 8 million. In 1996 the equivalent of a 2020 8 million was nearly 5 million, so maybe.

They would have to accept that they wouldn't be able to go wild with new features, and they'd need graphics similar to say something like The Quest.
ss_85d2e5be2ded26333c87c92ca28015a2a839f348.1920x1080.jpg

Who wants some dirt? Turns out I live in a small world. Was talking to an old buddy from back in the days I thought making a shitty doom mod was real development. This happened. The joys of knowing fuckboy 50 year olds with obscene wealth.

zLOcBu1.png

Pajeet shat all over their dreams

I would be happy to play something that looks as coherent as The Quest.

I was looking for the post that directly includes the 8 million number. It's probably up there somewhere.

Gonna re-read this

https://medium.com/@indigogaming/how-i-almost-made-the-game-of-my-dreams-da8b327e50f3

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Nothing yet but they posted their first in engine screenshot today (Unreal Engine 5 preview)
We are excited to share our first screenshot, taken in Unreal Engine 5, and showcase the graphical fidelity and art style that we plan for The Wayward Realms. Please keep in mind that it is still early and things are likely to change when we enter full production. We will be sharing a few more shots, as well as info about what exactly these creatures are, in the coming days, so stay tuned.
Caliban_Attack_Logo.png

Looks generic, 0 art direction

RPK

Scholar
I wasn't sure if he lost his head to the spider, or he just has a small head.

Once upon a time, he had rescued a mermaid.
The mermaid was very thankful, and offered to grant him anything his heart desired as a reward.
He replied, "you're so beautiful, I'd like to make love to you."
The mermaid replied, "as you can see, my bottom half is that of a fish, I am unable to do that."
The man said, "well, how about a little head?"

Gastrick

Cipher
Based on my experience developing with these game engines, I can say that this image isn't proof that any programming had happened. Once you have the assets, making a still shot like this is easy. First you drag and position the monsters and castor as well as the bookshelf and pillars; then you use your textures to make a floor and walls; then the castor is looped though an animation; then print-screen and you have your shot. I'll explain animations, whenever a character does an action in a game it is them running through an animation or a 3D gif. For example, jumping had to be animated by asset builders. With shading, the engine-program does it all for you.
These are also the same people who Indigo revealed were bullshitting before with painted game art. Now it is just a more sophisticated version.

ADL

Prophet
Allegedly they "got their shit together after Indigo's letter".
Until I see their magical AI prototypes or something substantial I'm assuming the whole operation is just a couple concept artists doing this to hang out with Ted Peterson in voice chat.

Gastrick

Cipher
Allegedly they "got their shit together after Indigo's letter".
Until I see their magical AI prototypes or something substantial I'm assuming the whole operation is just a couple concept artists doing this to hang out with Ted Peterson in voice chat.
The composer admitted in May that they hadn't started building the game yet, over half a year after Indigo's letter.

https://youtu.be/efnMrvbqgSg?t=2696

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Just talked with them. Allegedly they have plan.tm and back up plan.tm for securing funding for full development. We'll see, lol

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I feel like... if you don't have the budget or talent required for UE5 high fidelity graphics, go lower? Ultra high HD polygons look terrible without competent lighting, texture work, etc. You're already going after a relatively niche audience, bump your polygon count down and reduce your workload, sheesh.

Valheim has like 2 million players and the low poly look is doing wonders for them. Why the fuck are you trying to be big budget? That video, by the way, looks like a SFM vid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom