Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #94: Dev Diary #4, Preorders and Season Pass

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
By making a pre-order, you will obtain some exclusive bonus items:

Owlcat Pet: Owlcat's Feral Instincts provide +2 morale bonus on Perception and Lore (Nature) checks.)

Silver Tongue Amulet (This amulet grants its wearer a +2 competence bonus on Persuasion skill checks.)

Free Dancer's Boots (These boots grant their wearer a +2 competence bonus on saving throws against movement-impairing conditions.)

Exclusive Skins For 3 mountable Animal Companions (Dinosaur, Horse, Smilodon)

All these bonus items will be available only by pre-orders during this final month before the release, and also for all the Pathfinders, who supported us during the Kickstarter and the Slacker-backer campaigns.

While making a pre-order, players can choose from three editions on each platform, some of them will contain even more extra bonuses. Look for the full details about the content on the official website. While surfing through the website, you can notice some more important news: yes, we are finally ready to announce the Season pass, which will contain three DLC's! The Season pass was not included in the editions tied to the backers’ tiers, though everyone will be able to order it separately.

There's a linux question as well and as of now. NO LINUX but another person pointed out it might come out later.

I don't recall kingmaker pre-order bonuses. Its still ridiculous NO SEASON PASS for KS backers. That's just wrong imho.

Steam forum has a little bit more chatter but nothing I found all that interesting except this very accurate map?
c60kszo72ve31.png

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Probably, I saw different versions of it but yeah it's pretty much patchy theme park, really gay. So it's best not to care about any lore etc. Just focus on the current adventure and you know... killing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't recall kingmaker pre-order bonuses. Its still ridiculous NO SEASON PASS for KS backers. That's just wrong imho.

It certainly had them: https://www.deepsilver.com/us/pathf...and-digital-editions-revealed-preorder-today/

But with Kingmaker they changed their minds about the season pass after people complained: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2246024

One more thing: we are giving the first season pass to every backer, who pledged $95 or more for our beta tiers on Kickstarter or $110 on our crowdfunding-preorders for free as a thank you for helping us beta-test our early builds! So if you're one of our beta supporters, there's no need for you to buy the season pass - you'll be getting it from us, free of charge!

Folks ought to try that again.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
announcing DLC before the game is finished? pre-order bonuses?
just get the free version of the season pass, problem solved

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Guys, I think you're forgetting that you could get the full game with a $28 pledge.
Absolutely this. It's like a charity lottery. Give some money to a promising studio, and if it works out get a good game cheaper. As for the pre-order bonuses, I don't give a fuck. The bonus items are either cosmetic and mean shit, or unbalanced pay to win starter trash I always dump anyways.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
unbalanced pay to win starter trash I always dump anyways.

This annoys me greatly, as you always need to spend 30 minutes googling before you get to play, just to find out which shit you can keep in good conscience and what you need to trash because it came from a preorder bonus

Last edited:
I'll shill for this game as the real BG3 but fuckin hell not including the season pass for the relevant backers was a cunt move. At least offer some codes for it as a courtesy to the higher tiers of backers you are so grateful for. This is penalizing people for backing the game early

gulagdandy

Novice

The game is 1 month from release--they have animators, writers, game designers, QA testers, producers, programmers, etc. who have long since finished their contribution to the project and still expect to get paid every month. Would you propose they all just hang around the office talking about the weather until the game is released? And if what bothers you is the timing of the announcement... does it really matter? We all knew it was coming, and it will presumably help them financially to announce it now; I don't see the point in your complaint.

Codex Year of the Donut

The game is 1 month from release--they have animators, writers, game designers, QA testers, producers, programmers, etc. who have long since finished their contribution to the project and still expect to get paid every month. Would you propose they all just hang around the office talking about the weather until the game is released? And if what bothers you is the timing of the announcement... does it really matter? We all knew it was coming, and it will presumably help them financially to announce it now; I don't see the point in your complaint.
I see someone didn't play kangmaker at release

Thonius

Arcane
Played Kongmaker on release, had almost no problems. I got lucky you see the pace of my playthrough with jeb and whatnot was synced with their patch routine perfectly.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Kongmaker.... hmmm a kaiju adventure rpg maybe with real time fighting game mechanics. No monkeying around esp when giant ninja turtles, radioactive dinosaurs, and huge mech bots are vying for supremacy. Make your KONG strong.

and raise a society of hoot-meows.

or retro...

Skip to the CHAMP levels.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
ok wait a moment how is the first dlc going to work with fucking Worm That Walks ?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It'll be a giant apple, and a colossal titan's lower digestive track, and a huge pile of poo? Talking worm will narrate the entire journey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom